Anyone going naked?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I put a snap on plastic case on from Verizon. After a day I took it off. So nice with nothing on it.

I agree with you! The phone feels soo nice without a case on it. I know it's an expensive phone and we should be protecting the phone and all, but wow, it's awesome. One of the main physical features that I love about the S8 is the Gorilla Glass 5. Depending on the viewing angle, I can barely see fingerprints compared to my older Nexus 6P which is a big deal to me. Also, even when I get the phone very dirty/greasy, it's super easy to clean the phone off!

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Not true. Have a friend who has an armor-like case and he delights in dropping it on concrete floors and watching it flop around.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I keep looking at cases because I feel like I should use one for what seems like a fragile device. But I know I'll end up taking it off in a matter of days...sometimes hours. So for now I'm going without. And it feels great. Only problem is it tends to slip out if my shorts pocket while in the car.

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Been using Rhinoshield CrashGuard yesterday and today. As close to naked as I'm getting.
c62765459fc4b52d1054b9a38b7f79cd.jpg

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
No nakedness for this S8+

I just dropped it today it went face down on the concrete driveway. I was getting out of the car and was trying to put it in my holster while getting out.

I have the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro w/the Supcase tempered glass screen protector.

Now, this screen protector isn't the best looking because you can see the adhesive. That doesn't bother me because I wanted protection. I know everyone does not like it.

The screen protector had cracks and fell off. However, the actual screen had no scratches and is absolutely fine.

I got lucky and it was my fault. I'm buying a new screen protector because that's just too close a call.

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I have small children so I'm way to nervous of cracking the screen or back so my phone never goes naked. Skinomi screen protector and hybrid case for me.

mmednick1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I bought the wireless charger today and it only charges when I may the phone on its side. The charging paused when I put the phone straight up and down.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Samsung leather folio/wallet case. Doesn't show off the phone but I must have a naked screen. Feels plush and luxurious. Not for everyone.

abbeyglen

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Samsung leather folio/wallet case. Doesn't show off the phone but I must have a naked screen. Feels plush and luxurious. Not for everyone.

Same here, got a folio case myself (otterbox strada) I Also want to feel the screen, don't want a screen protector.

When I come to think about it it's madness really that I feel I have to put the phone in a case or it will end up breaking it or damaging it with just a normal drop ( already dropped twice (no case) and been very lucky)

I would rather pay a couple of extra hundred $$$$ or ££££'s if they could come up with better materials to protect the phone without ruining the beauty of it.

Mind you I do take the phone out of the case when I'm at home and it's a nice feeling when you take the phone from its case, then you start to really appreciate the feel and beauty of the phone again.

fitcherama

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm going naked with a Dbrand dragon skin on the back of the phone. I just love how this phone feels naked that I'm prepared to just be more careful during day to day use. I've just ordered a Sena pouch for those times I want a little more protection.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I usually buy case after case and by the time I'm done I spend as much or more than the deductible for insurance. So I just don't buy cases.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Broke my own rule and got a speck grip case....and then took it off. Case removals shouldn't stress the screen or frame right

No it shouldn't.

I always put cases on my phone by placing the bottom of the phone in first and then the top two corners of the phone in the case and the same process for removing them. Also by pressing through a back cut out to provide leverage.