08-04-2017 11:28 PM
111 12345
tools
    ALL of those pics are pure speculation. Educated speculation, yes. But speculation none the less. Until it is released we don't really know jack.

If Apple did not drop the headphone jack they never would have lost me. That was a stupid move. @sshats that they are. Is setting a bad trend.
    Lol nobody said they are anything more than that....
    bhatech likes this.
    07-10-2017 02:53 PM
    I'll have to try that out. I've always used Nova launcher. Do you mind letting me know what you like about this launcher? Is it better than Nova. By the way I didn't feel like I needed Nova on the S8 so I'm using Samsung's UI. Let me know if you don't mind.
    Arrow Launcher's Wunderlist integration is one of its best features. It also has a utility page that is very unique. The list style app drawer is a little better than Nova's. It's light and fast as well.
    07-10-2017 02:58 PM
    Arrow Launcher's Wunderlist integration is one of its best features. It also has a utility page that is very unique. The list style app drawer is a little better than Nova's. It's light and fast as well.
    I love arrow launcher, I'm finding it's widget text size a bit large through, the email widget, text is massive, like it's out of proportion. Once that's fixed I'll maybe use it as my main launcher. Use office 365, outlook, wunderlist, etc, so it's a good fit for me. Don't want to switch from the beauty of the default launcher to ugly through.
    07-10-2017 03:47 PM
    Sell it on Swappa, or locally using OfferUp.. Swappa is pretty good, I sold my LG G5 for $300..... yes that much for an older phone that reviewers said sucked.
    tube517 likes this.
    07-10-2017 03:53 PM
    Yup that's the one I saw.. Round the side of the device, thick black shiney bezels. Perhaps it's a preference thing but I think it looks hideous. It was those leaks that led me to get an s8, cause to me, apple has lost its mind if it thinks that's an attractive option. I'll not even mention the cut off at the top... Jobs wouldn't have let that pass.

Maybe just a preference thing, but for me that isn't ticking the boxes of flagship.
    Where the hell do you see these bezels?
    Premium1 likes this.
    07-10-2017 04:42 PM
    Where the hell do you see these bezels?
    Pretty easy to see where the glass meets them.

Miss my iPhone-idrop-news-exclusive-iphone-8-image-6.jpg
    Wbutchart1 likes this.
    07-10-2017 04:45 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iDrop-News-Exclusive-iPhone-8-Image-6.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	263550
    Aren't those renders?

Maybe this is the real thing.

Those bezels are thin enough for me.
    Premium1 likes this.
    07-10-2017 05:00 PM
    Aren't those renders?

Maybe this is the real thing.
    Yeah, the picture is a pure speculation of what it will be. If that video is real, those bezels look even bigger and they look raised.
    07-10-2017 05:03 PM
    Yeah, the picture is a pure speculation of what it will be. If that video is real, those bezels look even bigger and they look raised.
    Big bezels? Raised? Did you even watched the video? The only raised thing I saw there is the back camera.
    07-10-2017 05:06 PM
    Big bezels? Raised? Did you even watched the video? The only raised thing I saw there is the back camera.
    Yes, did you?

Miss my iPhone-image2.jpg
    Wbutchart1 likes this.
    07-10-2017 05:08 PM
    Yes, did you?

Name:	Image2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	263552
    Doesn't look raised to me. And it's thin for me.
    07-10-2017 05:17 PM
    So much dissecting from pictures / video of a phone render (non-official) which could be super fake to begin with :P.
    Premium1 likes this.
    07-10-2017 05:22 PM
    Try a three party transaction. Sell it to someone for $600.00. Meet them at ATT store and turn around and buy an Iphone.
    07-10-2017 05:23 PM
    Doesn't look raised to me. And it's thin for me. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7b267b6a69.jpg
    Guess our eyes are seeing 2 different things. In the end it's an iPhone so I couldn't care less how it looks, feels or what it has for options.
    gregg6942 likes this.
    07-10-2017 05:24 PM

Thank you! I'm not seeing things, phew!
    07-10-2017 06:03 PM
    Do this, Tada.
    Attached Thumbnails Miss my iPhone-screenshot_20170710-195336.jpg  
    07-10-2017 06:54 PM
    Had an S8 for two months, and it's a great phone, but I find myself missing my iPhone. AT&T basically told me sorry about your luck you're stuck with it. It would cost me $350 to turn this phone in and then get a new iPhone.

I like this phone but I had an iPhone for so long, Android is just so foreign at this point.

I'm just complaining because AT&T's policies are stupid.
    This happen daily the Back & forth from iOS-iPhone to Android
    from Android to iOS-iPhone: Is a normal desire I'd say.?

Now rules or restrictions apply: So $350 fee for
    Interchange, so we learn from experience isn't it

To recap we've to reduce the addiction to phones: Any feedback welcome!
    Learn more: How to quit your smartphone addiction, according to a Google ethicist | The Independent
    07-10-2017 08:32 PM
    I don't get it. IOS is more complicated. You HAVE TO use iTunes to sync and transfer files. After all these years, I still don't know how it works. With Android it's the good old drag and drop.
    Actually the reason so many people use IOS is the opposite... It's so darn easy to use. And unlike the android platform there really isn't any tweaks to be made in order to ensure smooth operation. Out of the box it just works. (No need to connect with iTunes, if you don't mind setting up the phone from scratch every time you replace it or need to restore it, which is what you'd do on the android platform regardless) That's another plus about IOS and iTunes, true backup and restore options. Personally I have both, right now my daily driver is a S8+ but I also still have and occasionally use my iPhone 7 plus.
    Premium1 and swarlos like this.
    07-10-2017 09:00 PM
    I went the other way. I've used cell phones for many years, my first was one of the "bag" phones, then followed by various flip phones. Finally Android phones came around and I've been using them ever since. Some early ones were the Atrix 2 and Optima Pro. I've had Samsungs, s3, s4, s5, s6, s7e and S8 (which my gf now has). I've had LG G3, V20 and used a G6 for a while to try. Also had the Nokia 1020 (crazy good camera) and 920. I still own a LG V20, Xperia XZ, Huawei P9 and Mate 9 (which I'm keeping as a backup). The others I'm selling.
    Anyway I just went to the dark side and got a iPhone 7 Plus and could not be happier with the switch. Only been a couple weeks. This thing is fast, fluid, constant, with a great display. Don't know about previous iPhones (this is my first) but the displays in the 7 and 7 Plus are individually calibrated. They support DCI-P3 and sRGB. iOS has a built in color management system, Android does not. Moving everything from my Mate 9 to the 7 Plus was a snap. The main reason for the switch was for the camera. This thing shoots insane jpg's right out of the box.
    Anyway I'm super pleased with the change.
    Premium1, queenren and swarlos like this.
    07-10-2017 09:53 PM
    Actually the reason so many people use IOS is the opposite... It's so darn easy to use. And unlike the android platform there really isn't any tweaks to be made in order to ensure smooth operation. Out of the box it just works. (No need to connect with iTunes, if you don't mind setting up the phone from scratch every time you replace it or need to restore it, which is what you'd do on the android platform regardless) That's another plus about IOS and iTunes, true backup and restore options. Personally I have both, right now my daily driver is a S8+ but I also still have and occasionally use my iPhone 7 plus.
    You can do iCloud backup restore to get back to exactly all the apps, screen layout etc on iOS. No need for iTunes. Basically what I'm saying is you don't necessarily need to have iTunes for iPhone.
    07-10-2017 10:15 PM
    Had an S8 for two months, and it's a great phone, but I find myself missing my iPhone. AT&T basically told me sorry about your luck you're stuck with it. It would cost me $350 to turn this phone in and then get a new iPhone.

I like this phone but I had an iPhone for so long, Android is just so foreign at this point.

I'm just complaining because AT&T's policies are stupid.
    Hang in there. The muscle memory will come. I did a short stint with iOS for about a year and a half. The transition from Android to iOS then back to Android was wierd. Once I got the muscle memory down it was fine. It just takes awhile. It's either that or shell out $350. I'm betting that you have better things to spend $350 on.
    07-11-2017 01:23 AM
    That looks like the ring around the phone, not the bezels, obviously those would be raised as to keep the phone screen off the table/surface when placed face down.
    07-11-2017 01:55 PM
    That looks like the ring around the phone, not the bezels, obviously those would be raised as to keep the phone screen off the table/surface when placed face down.
    The "rings" would be part of the bezel. It's part of the frame of the phone which would include it in the description of the bezel.
    Wbutchart1 likes this.
    07-11-2017 01:56 PM

Please This is getting silly. If you call that big bezels I'm worried.
    BratPAQ and bchain996 like this.
    07-11-2017 04:41 PM
    Please This is getting silly. If you call that big bezels I'm worried.
    Like I said from the get go, doesn't matter to me what it has or doesn't but it definitely has bezels when compared to the S8. In the video they look bigger than what was originally reported it would have.

Either way you look at it, it's still an iPhone with the same boring os it's always had.
    gregg6942 likes this.
    07-11-2017 04:47 PM
111 12345