07-12-2018 10:47 AM
68 123
tools
    I've been happily using DNS66 system wide non root ad blocker. no more pop-ups in Facebook
    01-07-2018 11:34 AM
    Mine happen in the chrome browser. Never had this happen on my s7 but since I or s8 it happens all the time.
    Attached Thumbnails How to stop popup ads on Samsung s8 edge-screenshot_20180112-071203.jpg  
    01-15-2018 06:04 AM
    Try Blokada...
    01-28-2018 10:04 PM
    I was having this issue on my new 8+. Friends tried to help and I was still being driven crazy with unwanted pop up ads. I finally went in to my settings to manage apps and found the app called Samsung Push Service. I clicked on Force stop and my problem has been solved! Hope this helps others!! Merry Christmas!!
    Thanks Linda, early days, but this seems to work. They have been driving me mad, so fingers crossed.

Alan
    02-17-2018 12:45 AM
    I have discovered these ads come from Google as part of the operating system and cannot be turned off. Go to settings Google and ads. Your ad id can be reset but not disabled. How is this legal?
    03-18-2018 07:24 PM
    I have discovered these ads come from Google as part of the operating system and cannot be turned off. Go to settings Google and ads. Your ad id can be reset but not disabled. How is this legal?
    Have you tried the settings pictured?
    03-18-2018 08:57 PM
    Adguard, best 10 bucks I've spent all year, adguard, I repeat Adguard
    Just installed it. Couldn't agree more so far. Thanks for the top!
    03-18-2018 10:00 PM
    Mine happen in the chrome browser. Never had this happen on my s7 but since I or s8 it happens all the time.
    i get these all the time in Chrome. Very frustrating. Did you figure out a way to stop them?
    03-19-2018 10:11 AM
    i get these all the time in Chrome. Very frustrating. Did you figure out a way to stop them?
    Yes....stop using Chrome. I don't mean to sound so flippant but chrome is very often chosen by perpetrators because of its popularity. Try samsung browser beta. It has great extensions to help you limit these sorts of "attacks" .
    badcat likes this.
    03-19-2018 11:00 AM
    I use Chrome along with a billion others who do not have this issue.
    Since coming to this forum, almost every problem raised is a user setting issue, and rarely software, and almost never hardware.
    I would bet that it is an app that you have on the phone. I've been spammed myself with apps that lie.
    Boot into safe mode. If you're problem is gone, it's an app issue so start disabling the most recent apps until you find the offender.
    03-19-2018 11:20 AM
    I use Chrome along with a billion others who do not have this issue.
    Since coming to this forum, almost every problem raised is a user setting issue, and rarely software, and almost never hardware.
    I would bet that it is an app that you have on the phone. I've been spammed myself with apps that lie.
    Boot into safe mode. If you're problem is gone, it's an app issue so start disabling the most recent apps until you find the offender.
    This is good advice. I agree that ain't all ad pop up issues are related to a user installed app.
    03-19-2018 11:23 AM
    I think I figured it out for the ad's dropping down that looks like a round ornament dropping from a string showing apps you don't have I have been deleted all recent apps and I have did all the stuff on the thread and it would stop then come back since update one ad came from zcamera deleted that haven't seen one since will return and keep posted if ads come back
    04-17-2018 07:22 PM
    This is a completely false statement. I've been an Android user for years and have never had any issues with ads.
    04-18-2018 06:17 AM
    having headache on S8 a pop-up ads window opens up after ending every call...
    tried many ways to fix it even tried hard reset but problem remains same...
    plz let me know how to get outta this ****...
    Regards
    Attached Thumbnails How to stop popup ads on Samsung s8 edge-20180507_130750.jpg  
    05-07-2018 03:09 AM
    I haven't updated to oreo, but that does not look like the stock dialer. So either a dialer or a home screen app is giving you those ads.
    05-07-2018 05:44 PM
    SOLVED!

I've had the same problem for several weeks.
    It was simple to get rid of, though: Go to where active apps are listed. (On my Samsung Note4 it's pressing the left button.) There you locate the actual ad that has popped up, (NOT Play Store). Press and hold the upper left corner of the ad-tab. This opens the app which causes the problem in App-control. Just delete the app and the problem is gone. (For me it was Video Maker.)

It is not a Samsung, Android or Play Store problem. It's an app. A factory reset is not necessary and will only work if you do not reinstall the bad app.

Good luck!
    badcat and KCroz like this.
    05-14-2018 07:14 AM
    Mine had a update afterwards it comes up this all the time...see attached
    06-03-2018 10:58 AM
    SOLVED!

I've had the same problem for several weeks.
    It was simple to get rid of, though: Go to where active apps are listed. (On my Samsung Note4 it's pressing the left button.) There you locate the actual ad that has popped up, (NOT Play Store). Press and hold the upper left corner of the ad-tab. This opens the app which causes the problem in App-control. Just delete the app and the problem is gone. (For me it was Video Maker.)

It is not a Samsung, Android or Play Store problem. It's an app. A factory reset is not necessary and will only work if you do not reinstall the bad app.

Good luck!
    This fixed my problem on my S8. When the ad popped up, I swiped up from the bottom of my screen and tapped the left button to open the recent apps. Then I held the left corner of the ad and it told me what app the ad was from. Mine was a compass app causing the problem.
    07-12-2018 10:47 AM
68 123