How to stop popup ads on Samsung s8 edge

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Remember you have to sideload from the creators' website. Any Adguard on the Playstore is neutered and useless.

Yes, Google doesn't allow certain adblocker apps in the play store because ads are how Google makes the majority of their money.

Apple has begun doing the same thing with adblockers that use VPNs to block ads in apps.

ihearlivepplz

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Would someone just post a screenshot of the darn thing when something like this happens so we can get a look at what's happening? the OS itself isn't going to throw ads at you, this isn't a HTC phone. Its either an app or malware/adware or some other sort of ware. A photo would be a lot of help when diagnosis stuff like this. You shouldn't need to have an app such as Adguard to prevent mischievous pop up adds.

Patrick1701F

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
I find that all ads are shown in the CHROME BROWSER. I don't know how to stop this but I too will try Adguard.
Maybe there is something in the latest browser but this is not something we usually see from Google.
Any other ideas or insight???

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I find that all ads are shown in the CHROME BROWSER. I don't know how to stop this but I too will try Adguard.
Maybe there is something in the latest browser but this is not something we usually see from Googlr.
Any other ideas or insight???

Adguard will block those ads.

Google makes Chrome and Google makes the majority of their income from ads. They don't like when people block their ads and they try and control what happens in Chrome.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Chrome will have adblock extensions in upcoming version. Google is losing customers as people flock to other browsers and look for ways to block ads.

Turning off JavaScript works, but disables featured in web pages.

I find Samsung Internet and Internet Beta faster and allows up to 5 extensions. Worth a shot.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
NetGuard used a VPN and you can filter all traffic.

My router from Peplink can run a VPN as well as it having easy controls and rules to filter domains, type of traffic, say you want to limit streaming or prevent Netflix from gobbling your bandwidth.

But adware can masquerade as other things and surely give adware or nalwarebytes a scan of your system.

Those bad apples can hibernate and woken - would be too obvious if the add started immediately after installing. An app can download a small stub and pull down the 2nd stage at a later time.

Just because something is from Google Play Store is not 100% safe. That is one place where by controlling compiler and app certificate signing gives Apple more control over what is on their App Store.

Mntbikegirl618

Nov 3, 2017
Visit site
Screenshot....
By the way these have never popped up on my phone before today it is only 8:11 a.m. and I have only been on my phone since 730 intermittently and have already had 7 ads

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171103-080323.jpg
    Screenshot_20171103-080323.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 59

Stupidusername1

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
To get rid of adds on screen I turned off screen and turned it back on I stead of swiping to get rid of screen. You need to press three small dots on top right of screen, I didn't write this down sadly but those buttons will say something press it and it will direct you to a settings area that gives you option of cancelling ads. There is one to shut off and one to activate I am now ad free.

Toritito

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
I get the same pop ups. It doesn't matter what ap I am using or even when I have them all closed. The ad is so small I can't read it and it stays for about 5 seconds them leaves. If I click it a webpage opens up. Here is a screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171111-140539.jpg
    Screenshot_20171111-140539.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 51

Toritito

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
Here is another screenshot of the ad that drops from up above. It's in he upper right.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171111-153412.jpg
    Screenshot_20171111-153412.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 51

Toritito

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
The last ad I clicked on lead me to the Google play store straight to a rovio ap. That's angry birds. I am going to delete angry birds 2 to see if that's it. Maybe the last update they did caused the ads

WindingRiver

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
My "game launcher" is already set OFF & I'm still getting these damn pop ups at all hours. Unless my MEDIA volume is set to OFF, the ads will wake me up at night or talk so low I think I'm hearing voices. I also have a Google Play adblocker, so I guess I will go try AdGuard now.

Kristin Williams2

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I have been getting pop up ads, I have 2 new apps that I had installed and I am still getting pop up, its getting very Frustrating My unlock screen is not becoming taken over by pop up ads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae