Why is auto backup to the samsung cloud failing on my galaxy s8+?

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I have auto backup to the Samsung cloud turned on. When I am connected to WiFi, charging, and screen off for 1 hour, my phone should do a backup automatically.*

However, I've met these conditions and it constantly says unable to back up, please perform a backup.*

When I run the back up manually, it seems to work. Would just love an auto backup I don't have to think about.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I have auto backup to the Samsung cloud turned on. When I am connected to WiFi, charging, and screen off for 1 hour, my phone should do a backup automatically.*

However, I've met these conditions and it constantly says unable to back up, please perform a backup.*

When I run the back up manually, it seems to work. Would just love an auto backup I don't have to think about.

I can't even get it to work manually. This is one of the issues I have been having since I got the phone and cannot get help from Samsung or Sprint.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem and have had it as an issue since day 1. It is a software bug, but as anything else Samsung, don't expect it to ever be fixed.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine has worked perfectly and smoothly since the S8, not a single issue like I had with all my previous Samsung phones.

One thing that surfaced in a previous similar thread was that the OP was getting the failures because he realized that he didn't have the Samsung Account ready, he mentioned that when he was opening the account it asked him to allow for too many permissions that he rejected it. So, for those of you that doesn't backup even manually, check that your Samsung Account is in good standing.

For the OP that mentions that it backs up manually but not on Schedule, does it backup something or does it simply fails in all options? I'd rather delete and re-enter the Samsung Account, one thing though, your Samsung Pay actual transactions (if any) are lost because the virtual cards get deleted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12