Is anyone else having inconsistencies with their lock screen? I have mine on swipe (no need for security) but it doesn't seem to play nice with the AOD. When I push the power button, it's supposed to go to the lock screen, but half the time it just unlocks and goes to the home screen. Likewise, when I push home from the AOD, it's supposed to go to the lock screen , but that often just goes straight to the home screen, too. And I have the option to do so turned off. It's really annoying because my phone is unlocking by accident frequently. Anyone run into this or have any ideas?
    07-10-2017 02:20 PM
    Go to Settings>Display>Navigation Bar> make sure Unlock with Home button is not selected. If it is selected un-select it. If it is un-selected then I am at a loss.
    07-10-2017 03:08 PM
    Go to Settings>Display>Navigation Bar> make sure Unlock with Home button is not selected. If it is selected un-select it. If it is un-selected then I am at a loss.
    Yeah, I've already got that turned off.
    07-10-2017 03:28 PM
    Have you checked your secure lock settings? Settings, Lock Screen and Security, Secure Lock Settings, Secured Lock Time. I have mine set to lock instantly with the power key or when the screen times out.
    07-10-2017 03:40 PM
    Have you checked your secure lock settings? Settings, Lock Screen and Security, Secure Lock Settings, Secured Lock Time. I have mine set to lock instantly with the power key or when the screen times out.
    Do you mean smart lock? I can't use those settings because I'm using swype, not a secure lock screen. The things you described don't quite sound like my issue. My problem is that half the time my phone goes straight to the home screen and skips the lock screen when pressing power or tapping home on the AOD.
    07-10-2017 05:39 PM
    Do you mean smart lock? I can't use those settings because I'm using swype, not a secure lock screen. The things you described don't quite sound like my issue. My problem is that half the time my phone goes straight to the home screen and skips the lock screen when pressing power or tapping home on the AOD.
    No, I'm not talking about smart lock. I just set my phone to swipe unlock and the option I'm talking about disappears. I understand what problem you're having but I couldn't replicate it on my phone when I set it to swipe unlock. I thought maybe you had it so that it wouldn't lock unless the phone had been asleep for 30 seconds or a minute or something. That doesn't seem to be your issue though.
    07-10-2017 07:43 PM
    No, I'm not talking about smart lock. I just set my phone to swipe unlock and the option I'm talking about disappears. I understand what problem you're having but I couldn't replicate it on my phone when I set it to swipe unlock. I thought maybe you had it so that it wouldn't lock unless the phone had been asleep for 30 seconds or a minute or something. That doesn't seem to be your issue though.
    Ah, gotcha. I've actually just given up and gone to a pattern unlock screen. It's solved the problem, but I hate having to deal with it haha.
    07-10-2017 08:11 PM
    Ah, gotcha. I've actually just given up and gone to a pattern unlock screen. It's solved the problem, but I hate having to deal with it haha.
    Too bad you can't get it to work the way you want. You don't like the fingerprint scanner? That's what I prefer. It's so fast and it never unlocks when you don't want it too. Once you get used to using it, it's super fast and convenient.
    07-10-2017 08:21 PM
    Too bad you can't get it to work the way you want. You don't like the fingerprint scanner? That's what I prefer. It's so fast and it never unlocks when you don't want it too. Once you get used to using it, it's super fast and convenient.
    There are a lot of times that I'll use my phone when I'm not properly holding it, so having it on the back doesn't make that very viable.
    ABOSWORTH007 likes this.
    07-10-2017 08:26 PM
    There are a lot of times that I'll use my phone when I'm not properly holding it, so having it on the back doesn't make that very viable.
    Right on. To each his own. I like how I can put my finger on the scanner upside down and it still works. Sometimes I'll hold the phone with my left hand and hold my right hand over the top and hit the scanner that way. I hear ya though. I actually prefer the scanner on the back of the phone.
    Zaku77 likes this.
    07-10-2017 08:31 PM
    Face unlock. Pick up device, press power button while you do, look at your phone and voila! Easy..
    07-10-2017 10:35 PM