People don't know how to update Samsung phones

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
May be they should use the much better Google play store to do that just like every other OEM apps. Users shouldn't have to login to multiple app stores from their phone. They don't even properly know the Google play store and just add Samsung app store to confusion which has no business to be there in the first place and Samsung can just use Google play store. But no they have to build their own "s u p e r i o r" ecosystem.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I use the Samsung edge panel, internet launcher, Samsung Pay, Messenger and camera app. And I suspect more people use all of those than not.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To gain revenue directly from people who purchase Candy Flappy Floopy Bird Crush Saga from the Galaxy Apps Store instead of the Play Store,

This just makes me want to Flippy the Bird to Samsung. :p

They can update their dialer, messaging app, browsers... ALL can be done via the Play Store like all the other apps on the phone.
I'm inclined to agree. Why not go through both channels and get everyone? Apparently, I had a Samsung account from I am not sure when, and I had to try to remember it to install a theme on the N5 (which still didn't work). Like another user posted, I have been having issues with annoying reminders about Samsung's Cloud.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I use all the stock Samsung apps. The email app is excellent, contacts too, the internet app is really smooth. I prefer these to the stock android ones, group emails etc work so much easier with Samsung apps.

I like the internet and music apps. The music app is what I settled on last year after trying out many different music apps when got my S7 Edge.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I never over the "other" app store but always get messages saying to update Internet or Phone or Messaging or whatever so they do make it somewhat user friendly.

BratPAQ

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
more bloatware - two app stores - two this etc. I don't mind the proposition (sale) but have the professionalism to handle rejection - I don't want Bixby - I don't want your invasive apps - I enjoy your hardware - just stop it already
Use Package Disabler Pro to disable bloatware including Bixby.

GuccizBud

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
i love updates

Superlative comment.  ;^>

Actually, thanks to everyone for the tip. Generally speaking I don't use the Samsung apps all that much, but almost every time I would use one I would see that it has an update available, so I was looking for a way to update them all at once and found this thread. And you're right … I was one of the 90% who don't give the Galaxy App store its due, because after reading this thread I fired up Galaxy Apps, hit the 3-dot menu, and lo and behold, there's a "⑪" next to "My Apps"… which is to say, eleven apps need updating ("ah, so that's how you update them all at once", lol ).

Good thread, thx everyone, and I guess you could say I'm a Galaxy App store convert.👍🏻

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
So im a little embarrassed here but...I didnt even know there was a Galaxy Apps store and ive never used it.
I just downloaded it but I dont see anything anywhere about updating my apps.

Where exactly would I find this?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
So im a little embarrassed here but...I didnt even know there was a Galaxy Apps store and ive never used it.
I just downloaded it but I dont see anything anywhere about updating my apps.

Where exactly would I find this?
In the App drawer. There may be a folder there for Samsung apps.

Anyway, Samsung App Store exists because it's allowed in countries where Google isn't.. Plus I love the freebies you get when installing games from it. You get a lot of in game items you'd otherwise pay a lot of money for. Lol.

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
In the App drawer. There may be a folder there for Samsung apps.

Anyway, Samsung App Store exists because it's allowed in countries where Google isn't.. Plus I love the freebies you get when installing games from it. You get a lot of in game items you'd otherwise pay a lot of money for. Lol.

I dont have it...although its possible I deleted it when getting rid of bloatware when I first bought the phone.

I dowloaded an app from the app stroe called Samsung+...but I dotn see anything in it regarding updating apps. Couldnt find anything lese in the app store that seemed to fit the bill.

What is the exact name of the app/where can I find it?

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Yes guys please update all the core apps like phone dialer, contact, gallery thorough the Galaxy Store > my apps. Please tell all your friends too

sleepnclass

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
People just update their Play Store apps because their Play Store apps update automatically. Most people don't even know the Galaxy app store exists, never mind know they should be going in to update it. I don't blame users at all for that... that's all on Samsung. They can update their dialer, messaging app, browsers... ALL can be done via the Play Store like all the other apps on the phone.

Why do they have an app store in the first place? What's the point, other than to confuse less nuanced mobile users? They aren't going to replace Google, that's for sure.

This. Couldn’t have said it better myself. Galaxy App Store is pointless and a nuisance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty