I have purchased quite a few screen protectors and none of them are good for this device. I just ordered the whitestone protector, but I really dislike how you can clearly tell there is a screen protector on this phone. The only reason I am buying one is because people keep talking about how easily this phone scratches. Does it actually scratch easily and would you say the screen protector is a necessity?
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    07-11-2017 10:23 PM
    I just use mine with a case that has raised bumps in case of a fall. Due to the curved screen, it's really hard to find a screen protector that applies perfectly.
    07-11-2017 10:28 PM
    I have one on my S8 Plus when i had it. It drove me absolutely crazy how obvious it was. Currently using a G6 and the glass screen protector disappears. Its nice. Howver, i am considering picking up a S8 Plus again as an extra phone because i miss it. Lol
    blaine07 likes this.
    07-11-2017 10:33 PM
    Im using a spigen tough armor case and thats it.

I fully expected my phone to be scratched beyond belief by now and I'm dumbfounded how resilient it is. I looked today in sunlight and I have absolutely zero scratches, not even a micro scratch. I've dropped a few things on the screen, including a metal vapor and there is nothing. When I dropped the vapor, I sloooooowly raised the phone to my eyes dreading what I was sure to find. I spent 15 minutes trying to find a scratch that had to be there and it just wasn't.

Last year I scratched my s7 edge in 2 days. I'm very very impressed with the resilience of the S8 screen. At some point it will scratch and that's why I have insurance.
    07-11-2017 10:40 PM
    I have the Whitestone Dome glass with the Spigen Neo hybrid and it is a FANTASTIC combo
    yoyoche likes this.
    07-11-2017 10:58 PM
    I went folio and so far my naked screen seems well protected.
    07-11-2017 11:01 PM
    So basically, you don't think it's really a necessity?
    07-11-2017 11:03 PM
    Im using a spigen tough armor case and thats it.

I fully expected my phone to be scratched beyond belief by now and I'm dumbfounded how resilient it is. I looked today in sunlight and I have absolutely zero scratches, not even a micro scratch. I've dropped a few things on the screen, including a metal vapor and there is nothing. When I dropped the vapor, I sloooooowly raised the phone to my eyes dreading what I was sure to find. I spent 15 minutes trying to find a scratch that had to be there and it just wasn't.

Last year I scratched my s7 edge in 2 days. I'm very very impressed with the resilience of the S8 screen. At some point it will scratch and that's why I have insurance.
    It kind of confuses me because I see some people saying it scratches easily, some people saying it doesn't. Then some youtubers do scratch tests that prove it doesn't scratch, and some do tests that prove it does. I honestly have no clue what to believe.
    JoshDunc and blaine07 like this.
    07-11-2017 11:05 PM
    No screen protector on mine since launch, and it's flawless. I've dropped it about 4 times also.. So far so good, looks brand new still!!
    07-11-2017 11:52 PM
    I have purchased quite a few screen protectors and none of them are good for this device. I just ordered the whitestone protector, but I really dislike how you can clearly tell there is a screen protector on this phone. The only reason I am buying one is because people keep talking about how easily this phone scratches. Does it actually scratch easily and would you say the screen protector is a necessity?
    Order the liquid skin by skinomi. It's the best one and I actually have been using it for all of my different phones. I don't think you'll find any tempered glass that will work good with the S8. The Skinomi gives full protection and at this price I'm not scratching the screen. I've got a skin on the back of my S8 too as I don't use a case all the time. I would however definitely put something on your screen. The Skinomi you can get from Amazon for around 7.99. Mine came in a two pack. They are thick and you need to wet install it. Once in place just smooth out the bubbles and it works great. I've not read anything good about any tempered glass for the S8 but I definitely would put something on it.
    07-12-2017 12:40 AM
    I have never used one on any phone... Haven't noticed any scratches so far...
    07-12-2017 03:08 AM
    I don't have one but do notice a few micro scratches only noticeable in the right (or wrong lol!) light. I thought it'd bother me more, but someone's analogy here about a phone being a tool really put it in perspective for me
    07-12-2017 03:41 AM
    I don't use screen protectors. I've got a Defender case that provides excellent protection and a couple other slimmer style that provide good protection as well. The screen looks much better imo without the protector.
    07-12-2017 04:28 AM
    Ive been using the full screen Ghost Armor for almost 2 weeks. Wraps down the edges nicely and you have to look closely around the speaker/sensor/camera cutouts to notice it's there.

Glad I have it. I've been unusually clumsy, and had 2 face-own drops. Just scuffs on the protector, and these are smoothing out. (GA is self healing.)
    Dconn1975 likes this.
    07-12-2017 07:16 AM
    I have the Whitestone Dome glass with the Spigen Neo hybrid and it is a FANTASTIC combo
    This is what I'm going too. Plus I bought insurance through Upsie. Phone is to expensive to replace. I will admit that I can afford to do this since I bought it for $300 through samsung when they offered a rebate on my s7 edge tradein.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    07-12-2017 08:30 AM
    I've been using an Otterbox Commuter case with my S8+ since launch. The screen is incredibly scratch resistant so no screen protector needed. I work in a manufacturing environment where I tend to get metal dust on my fingers and I haven't seen any micro scratches yet.
    07-12-2017 08:33 AM
    I tried to install one but it makes the screen look like crap. I'm kind of scared too though. I always use one.
    07-12-2017 01:14 PM
    I went folio and so far my naked screen seems well protected.
    That's actually a decent idea. Your phone would be protected against particulates in your pocket and such. I'm a bit too paranoid to do this, but good to know it's worked out for someone so far.
    07-12-2017 06:44 PM
    Otter box defender plus cheapie curved tempered glass is working great for me.. the inner plastic frame of the Otter box holds the screen protector down nicely, and good touch responsiveness is maintained.
    07-12-2017 07:42 PM
    I have stopped using screen protectors for a few years now and never missed them.
    07-12-2017 07:55 PM
    Ive been using the full screen Ghost Armor for almost 2 weeks. Wraps down the edges nicely and you have to look closely around the speaker/sensor/camera cutouts to notice it's there.

Glad I have it. I've been unusually clumsy, and had 2 face-own drops. Just scuffs on the protector, and these are smoothing out. (GA is self healing.)
    Is that like mine which is a liquid type skin? Mine I can't even tell is there. It's form fits to the screen and you can't even see it. Plus it does not collect fingerprints hardly at all. I wipe mine down every once in a while but hardly need to. I'll have to check yours out. Where did you get yours? Amazon?
    07-12-2017 08:07 PM
    couple of things.. first... it is going to be extremely difficult to get a good fitting screen protector for a curved screen. Even on something with more subtle curves, like a "2.5D" screen, you aren't going to get edge to edge coverage. Samsung's curved screens are a nightmare to design for, especially for tempered glass.

As for if you need them.... You don't. The glass is fairly resilient, but it is still glass. All it takes is a few grains of sand in your pocket, etc, and that sucker will get scratched up right good. Fact is that the world is filled with bits of stuff that will mark up your screen, either with fine scratches you may only see when the light hits it just so, or a substantial gouge that you can see no matter what. If you are OK with that, go without.

When my wife had her S7 Edge, I couldn't for the life of me get a protector that a) fit and b) didn't look like junk. I ended up leaving it naked. I dumped it about 6 months later and it had a few fine scratches but otherwise was in good condition. But scratch is scratch... and if I can spend a small amount of money to put on a good fitting and unobtrusive screen protector, I'll take that over the alternative every day of the week.
    thoughtjunky and sweetypie31 like this.
    07-13-2017 07:30 AM
    That's actually a decent idea. Your phone would be protected against particulates in your pocket and such. I'm a bit too paranoid to do this, but good to know it's worked out for someone so far.
    Has worked better than I ever expected. The Samsung leather is plush which makes holding the phone feel luxurious. Also substitutes as a wallet which I don't use. Good place to place a business card in the event of loss.

As I said, couldn't be happier. An NO scratches.
    07-20-2017 09:04 PM
    Not sure about necessary but all the smart phones I owned I always had screen protection. Most of the time was the Otterbox or the Lifeproof cases that have the plastic cover for the screen.
    Yesterday 09:05 AM
    It kind of confuses me because I see some people saying it scratches easily, some people saying it doesn't. Then some youtubers do scratch tests that prove it doesn't scratch, and some do tests that prove it does. I honestly have no clue what to believe.
    Don't go by what youtubers say nor what anyone else says on that matter since no one acts the same with their own phones, i for one never used screen protectors and was fine using a phone for 2 years with microscopic scratches. If you're more clumbsy or prone to dropping your phone then yes i'd suggest getting a screen protector though the s8(+) dosen't seem to have alot of good options out there.

Keep in mind curved screens are more fragile than say a flat one so they will break easier even with gorilla glass 5 edges are what kills those screens so beware.
    Yesterday 09:11 AM