How many intentionally take their S8 phones under water to take pictures? Any issues, how do the pictures come out?. Has anyone tried listening to music thru their speaker while under water? These are things enquiring minds want to know.
    07-12-2017 03:26 PM
    Have used mine at the pool to take pics of my kids under water. You'll need to use the volume buttons to take the photo as the screen won't register your touch well under water. Not sure about the speaker don't know too many people who would want to listen to music is under water but I would imagine it wouldn't be a great experience.
    07-12-2017 03:33 PM
    I see it as a "there when I need it's feature more than a "use it when I want" feature. Scares me too much. Lol
    07-12-2017 03:45 PM
    Have used mine at the pool to take pics of my kids under water. You'll need to use the volume buttons to take the photo as the screen won't register your touch well under water. Not sure about the speaker don't know too many people who would want to listen to music is under water but I would imagine it wouldn't be a great experience.
    I doubt many have tried listening to the speaker, was just curious if anyone has, sure it would be muffled. LOL
    07-12-2017 03:50 PM
    I see it as a "there when I need it's feature more than a "use it when I want" feature. Scares me too much. Lol
    That's how I am. I seen the wife with her S7 edge under the sink faucet cleaning it. I was like wow, I figured for just the oops, I didn't think anyone would intentionally you it, LOL. Apparently works, people do it.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-12-2017 03:52 PM
    I don't think I would ever try taking under water pics. I never did with my S7 Edge either. Not worth it to me. If I drop it in water or get it wet on a rainy run or hike, I'm good but I won't tempt fate.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-12-2017 04:00 PM
    I used mine on holiday to try take pics under water, however they didn't really turn out plus its impossible to use the screen when water droplets are on it. Secondly make sure you dry your charging port thoroughly as even after a few hours it was still wet and a warning comes up telling you the port needs to dry before you can use it. I used toilet paper and a hair dryer for about 20 mins before it would work. Hope this helps.
    07-12-2017 05:56 PM
    I used mine on holiday to try take pics under water, however they didn't really turn out plus its impossible to use the screen when water droplets are on it. Secondly make sure you dry your charging port thoroughly as even after a few hours it was still wet and a warning comes up telling you the port needs to dry before you can use it. I used toilet paper and a hair dryer for about 20 mins before it would work. Hope this helps.
    I wonder if you would be able to wireless charge while that warning is there
    07-12-2017 06:15 PM
    I wonder if you would be able to wireless charge while that warning is there
    I was able to wirelessly charge my S7 Edge when there was a moisture warning on the port. Haven't had the warning yet on my S8+, but I imagine it would work too.
    07-12-2017 06:41 PM
    My wife and I went whitewater rafting with her S7 Edge. Got some good shots. She is living on the edge. Get it?
    07-12-2017 06:59 PM
    My wife and I went whitewater rafting with her S7 Edge. Got some good shots. She is living on the edge. Get it?
    LOL
    07-12-2017 10:05 PM
    07-12-2017 10:24 PM
    Reprinted from a similar thread.

Yep, I see a lot pf people behaving as if their device is "waterproof."

IMHO, consumers generally do not understand what the ratings mean, their true use as a preventative in case of accidental exposure and the limitations of the protection. This is aided and abetted by the manufacturers themselves and their advertising tactics.

So when I see these people out and about, swimming with their phones and yucking it up I just laugh to myself and realize they will learn an expensive lesson the hard way.

Good Times.
    07-14-2017 09:11 AM
    I might now. Ordered the Ghostek Water Proof Case.
    07-14-2017 01:03 PM
    I might now. Ordered the Ghostek Water Proof Case.
    I only trust life proof
    07-14-2017 01:10 PM
    I will never intentionally put my $850 device in water to take pictures underwater. It is not water proof, it's water resistant, which is a big difference. This phone is not meant to be under salt water so using it at the beach is a very bad idea, same goes for the pool because of the chemicals. It'll destroy the seal and break through the phone. I will use the water resistance as a precaution for in case water gets on it, but I will not be intentionally putting it in water and risk damaging the device. I don't have money like that. I need to make sure this phone lasts me for a while and I don't want to have to spend money I don't have on replacing it either. Kudos to those who do it, you guys are very brave ... or well off with money.
    H3aTeRzz and RumoredNow like this.
    07-16-2017 10:05 AM
    I took mine to a friend's house and he has a pool and I took lots of videos underwater for probably close to a half hour and there were no problems with my phone or the videos that I took.

Moreover, I didn't take any pics but going from above waterline to underwater has to be the coolest effect to do.

But don't take it in the ocean. The salt water after continued use will permanently damage it.
    07-16-2017 10:35 AM