I have not used wet application protectors in years. Since this phone is waterproof, I went back to them because they are so easy to install and, from what I recall, extremely clear.

So I bought AquaShield protectors. Installed, easy. But it seems like it gets little "nicks" in it (or bumps? or something?). It's like the surface is soft or something and all these tiny marks are showing up. Is this just the way it goes with the wet screen protectors?

Seriously... I don't remember.

I normally go for glass protectors but since the dawn of curved screen phones, they are terrible IMO.
    07-13-2017 12:41 AM
    I have not used wet application protectors in years. Since this phone is waterproof, I went back to them because they are so easy to install and, from what I recall, extremely clear.

So I bought AquaShield protectors. Installed, easy. But it seems like it gets little "nicks" in it (or bumps? or something?). It's like the surface is soft or something and all these tiny marks are showing up. Is this just the way it goes with the wet screen protectors?

I normally go for glass protectors but since the dawn of curved screen phones, they are terrible IMO.
    It has been awhile since I have used a Zagg wet apply screen protector, but the last one I used had the same problem. If you took your fingernail and pressed it, the indent will stay.
    07-13-2017 06:42 AM

Might be a bad brand. I have a brand called RinoSkin on my Gear Fit2 watch and it's amazing. Any scratches or nicks will "self-heal" and it can withstand scratches and nicks. However sharp objects will definitely leave a permanent mark. Do your research and look at Amazon reviews.
    07-13-2017 07:04 AM
    It has been awhile since I have used a Zagg wet apply screen protector, but the last one I used had the same problem. If you took your fingernail and pressed it, the indent will stay.
    Zagg sucks IMO. The new generation wet screen protectors have a self-healing technology and will self heal and re-adhere.
    07-13-2017 07:08 AM
    I only use the self healing one otherwise the nicks you are talking about do happen.
    justin1578 likes this.
    07-13-2017 07:37 AM

They should not. Try skinomi. You can get it from Amazon for the S8 or plus. I found skinomi to be better quality liaquid glass than Zagg. I use Skinomi on all my decices even over tempered glass. This is a wet install too. Once you set it in place smooth out all the solution bubbles and it adheres to your screen and is extremely tough and durable. Sounds like you have a thin one. Skiniomi is a bit thicker and will not Nick up or get cuts or scratches. I've used them for years. They are around 8 bucks plus or minus on Amazon and work perfectly. You'll like it.
    07-13-2017 08:17 AM
    I have an ArmorSuit one and this does not happen.
    PJRed2008 and justin1578 like this.
    07-13-2017 08:34 AM
    Here's a quick pic of the Skinomi package if you look for it. This one happen to come in a two pack as typically they come only one to a pack because they are so premium. It also does NOT collect fingerprints so if that's something that appeals to you then I would suggest getting this. It has a good feel and once installed you can even see it on the screen. The cut outs are excellent and perfect.

07-13-2017 09:08 AM
    My favourite screen protector is Ghost Armor. That's what I have on my S8+. There are two versions available. The full screen version wraps the edges, the Case-friendly version level a gap at the sides to allow for a case. You can order it online, or have it applied for you at one of the retail kiosk locations (listed on the website).

GA is a self-healing material, that's apparently used on helicopter blades. I had a bad scuff from a drop the other day, and it has mostly smoothed out.

This stuff has gone on almost every device in our household since 2013. Only one has had to be replaced.
    07-13-2017 11:39 AM
    I have an ArmorSuit one and this does not happen.
    This.
    07-13-2017 11:44 AM
    This.
    Mine is freakishly tough. I had this white dot on mine. Like something got stuck to the protector. It wouldn't come off with water and a microfiber cloth. I literally picked it off with my nail, sure I'd leave a mark and nothing. Looked flawless after.
    07-13-2017 11:52 AM
    I have QMadix's liquid glass protector and it works great. It's rated at 9H hardness and I haven't yet gotten a scratch. Even after it landed face down after I accidentally dropped it.
    07-13-2017 12:55 PM
    Ok, sounds like I got a cheap film.

Going to try Skinomi. I'll keep the others in mind.

Thanks All!
    07-13-2017 04:43 PM
    I have ArmourSuit wet application screen protector on my S8+ and have had it on for about 3 months and it has not lifted or peeled or anything like that since. It actually has been the only brand of screen protector that has not peeled on an edge to edge display phone that I've had. I've wasted so much money on bodyguardz and zagg, neither of which lasted more than an hour before peeling off. I have a case on my phone too and I take it off to clean my phone every once in a while and putting my case back on etc does not cause for the protector to peel at all. I would highly recommend this case as it's worked so well for me so far. I've had the S7 Edge before my S8+ and did not know this brand existed. Had I known, I would have put that on the S7E when I had it. Since I gave mine to my mom and my sister has one, I bought them both the ArmorSuit screen protector for their phones and it's worked so well, especially since the S7E has a more prominent curve on their edge displays.
    07-15-2017 11:29 AM
    Used armorsuit on my s7 edge and worked great, got one on the s8 plus now and it's great as well. Only had one small issue on the top corner by the iris sensor wanting to peel, used a razor blade and cut a small piece off the square corner on an angle. Great product highly recommend
    07-15-2017 11:35 AM
    I find that if you play around to much during the wet installation you can introduce alot of "stretch marks", or squiggly imprints all over the screen. When I say that I mean constantly pulling the skin off while trying to re-orient it. Even though it is still wet it causes slight stress on the skin. My first application of a skin on my s8 was a little experimental as I did it under running water to help eliminate the chance of dirt getting onto the screen before laying down the skin. It was my first time with this method and I took a number of tries and ended up with a screen that looked pretty rough after it dried. A couple weeks later I ordered the same one (xtremeguard) and this time I just used my tried and true soapy water bowl method, did it very quick with one try. I also used a squeegee method I saw online where you wrap the plasic card in the soft cloth that comes with the skin to prevent microscratches and rough edge contact in general when pressing out the water and the skin came out great.

General properties the skin is very good at healing micro scratches after several hours, but some scratches can be too big. infact a couple weeks ago the skin on my moto360 took such a bump that it left 3 white scratches on the skin that have no hope of healing.
    07-16-2017 08:37 AM