Hello all,

I'm having issues with the Samsung Cloud app on my S8. After I sign in with my Samsung Account the Cloud kicks in and gets stuck at "calculating". All of the available options are greyed out so I can't select or deselect apps to backup or turn off the auto backup function.

I have tried deleting my account and re-adding it, clearing the apps caches and wiping the cache partition all to no avail.

All I want to do is be able to stay logged into my Samsung Account and turn off the Cloud auto backup.

This works as advertised on my Tab S2 and I can turn off the auto backup function and remain logged into my account.

Thanks.
    07-14-2017 08:19 AM
    Well I finally figured it out and I'll post what I learned for future reference. I decided to just let it sit there calculating for a while and eventually it finished and all the options were available after that. I had previously had let it sit before but I guess I didn't let it go long enough.

It seems that the app was calculating a backup based on both internal storage and the sd card storage so it was looking to backup over 30 GB of music which made the backup close to 32 GB.
    07-14-2017 09:22 AM