Screenshots in Google Photos

alexcapone

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Google photos backs up screenshots in the camera folder and and they get backed up with all my other photos. Is there any way to change this? I don't want random screenshots clogging up my photo gallery.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Google photos backs up screenshots in the camera folder and and they get backed up with all my other photos. Is there any way to change this? I don't want random screenshots clogging up my photo gallery.
Open Google photos, go to settings>backup and sync>backup device folders. Uncheck screenshots.

BratPAQ

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one who can't stand Google Photos? Way too invasive and meddling imo. I deleted it and stick with the stock app.
I use Google photos because of its unlimited backup space. As long as you upload 16mp or less. Can't really complain for free stuff.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Am I the only one who can't stand Google Photos? Way too invasive and meddling imo. I deleted it and stick with the stock app.
I use it only as a quick way to share a picture.

There's alot I don't like about Google photos. The most annoying issue is the lack of a true album feature. I like to keep my photos organized by category so I can quickly find them. The Google album only tags the photos as an album so if I want to download my archive to my pc it puts everything in date folders and completely ignores the album structure. Same if you keep a copy on Google drive.

If they would add actual album support, it would be much better.

For now I'm using Mega to keep my stuff organized and Google just for quick access from my pc.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site

Duly noted, being invasive is how Google monetizes a lot of its services, but I think the Backup & Sync function in Google Photos is one of the more useful, and free, photo library archive solutions available.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It holds on to stuff I don't want or need, sometimes multiple times (Photos, screenshots), and is a battery drainer.

The multiples can be removed by using a function. Battery drainer? You can set it to never upload except for on WiFi / when charging (that is what I do). It does absolutely nothing until I plug the phone in at home (when on WiFi).

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Hit the menu, choose device folders and hit the upper right on each folder to toggle backing up those individual folders or not. And on Pixels there is no size limit for backing up of photos or video.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hit the menu, choose device folders and hit the upper right on each folder to toggle backing up those individual folders or not. And on Pixels there is no size limit for backing up of photos or video.

Kind of -- The Pixels just allow full resolution backup without eating up storage.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The multiples can be removed by using a function. Battery drainer? You can set it to never upload except for on WiFi / when charging (that is what I do). It does absolutely nothing until I plug the phone in at home (when on WiFi).

Okay...i never played with the settings.

alexcapone

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys..just wondering if it was possible but seems like it's not. Is it possible to move screenshots via an automation app?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Google photos honestly is one of the best Google services along with maps, gmail and search. Once I started to use Google photos never looked back, just works, cross platform, unlimited storage, great features like auto awesome, sharing, automatic albums, movies etc. Sure yeah they get all your data, if that's the concern yeah Google is not for you or probably any other company now a days since they are all needing data for all the AI stuff.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Upload only while charging was removed a few weeks ago. I liked that feature alot so of course they quietly removed it in an update.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Upload only while charging was removed a few weeks ago. I liked that feature alot so of course they quietly removed it in an update.
It hasn't been removed. Sounds like yours is bugged.
1cd25458b95c24ed4c4117610f6d74c4.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000