Where do you see the S series going in the future

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
These phones are getting so advanced, I often start thinking how much more technology and features can they cram in these small phones.

What do you see happening for the future of the S series phones. Do you see flat screen coming back for one of them, do you see Samsung dropping the note series and putting the S pen on the S plus version. What do you see as technology improvements, anything you see being added to the S series phones. Or do you think Samsung has pretty much tapped the technology options, explaining the curved screens, design changes of the S8 versions.

I'm interested in anything you predict for future generations of the S 8 series.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
These phones are getting so advanced, I often start thinking how much more technology and features can they cram in these small phones.

What do you see happening for the future of the S series phones. Do you see flat screen coming back for one of them, do you see Samsung dropping the note series and putting the S pen on the S plus version. What do you see as technology improvements, anything you see being added to the S series phones. Or do you think Samsung has pretty much tapped the technology options, explaining the curved screens, design changes of the S8 versions.

I'm interested in anything you predict for future generations of the S 8 series.
Holographic displays. Seriously, what else is there at this point?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I know. I thought maybe some people would have ideas, it seems like the phones tech is maxed out
I wasn't giving you a hard time lol. I'm serious, I want a holographic display. When I was a kid they were supossed to be the future but it never happened. I'm banking on Samsung making my dream a reality lol.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't giving you a hard time lol. I'm serious, I want a holographic display. When I was a kid they were supossed to be the future but it never happened. I'm banking on Samsung making my dream a reality lol.
And I would bank on Samsung making your dreams come true over Apple. Apple will wait and copy it.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Huh, I think we are not even close to maxed out with tech. I see a future where you have the device in your pocket as you walk through subway/train stations, shop checkouts etc and the device serves as the payment method without even taking it out of your pocket. It will also serve as ID such as passport and drivers license as it's personalised to you with biometrics, in the manner of the old communist "papers", a book with your life, school, work history there for the state police to check. All membership cards, licenses etc will be included in your device, so wallets will be obsolete.
AI is still in its infancy, once it gets going, your phone will be your mate, it will have proper conversations with you and will continue to learn about your likes and preferences... Brave new world!.

They need to sort out the bloody keyboard and predictive text first. Not to mention the shambles contacts are... :)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Huh, I think we are not even close to maxed out with tech. I see a future where you have the device in your pocket as you walk through subway/train stations, shop checkouts etc and the device serves as the payment method without even taking it out of your pocket. It will also serve as ID such as passport and drivers license as it's personalised to you with biometrics, in the manner of the old communist "papers", a book with your life, school, work history there for the state police to check. All membership cards, licenses etc will be included in your device, so wallets will be obsolete.
AI is still in its infancy, once it gets going, your phone will be your mate, it will have proper conversations with you and will continue to learn about your likes and preferences... Brave new world!.

They need to sort out the bloody keyboard and predictive text first. Not to mention the shambles contacts are... :)
The keyboard auto correct needs attention now. I think the keyboard is one of androids weakest points at the moment.

I agree with most your post, but it also scares me at the same time. Losing your phone is bad enough now, when you add all your personal info to it, that could be devastating if a hacker figures out how to bypass the security measures, and we know those hackers are good at their criminal careers.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, brave new world but not necessarily a happy one. I didn't choose that by accident, Huxley and others have predicted the direction society will head very accurately long time ago, and thus far they are fairly spot on.
And totally agree with predictive text, my old Nokia dumb phones would remember entire paragraphs accurately...

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
People laugh at Bixby now, but expect it along with Siri and Alexa to make your phone 90 percent voice controlled. Bezels will completely go away as touching your phone will be a thing of the past.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
People laugh at Bixby now, but expect it along with Siri and Alexa to make your phone 90 percent voice controlled. Bezels will completely go away as touching your phone will be a thing of the past.
They will not come close to Google Assistant, Alexa, Cortana. Even Apple has the resources and capabilities to get Siri eventually there but they will do it in a different way since they are behind the privacy thing for good or bad. Samsung meh they will continue making best hardware with half baked software and they also don't have the services and data to make Bixby great. Look at S Voice it was crap for years, expect Bixby to be same in my opinion.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Imagine a phone you never have to charge, because they figure out a way to convert radio/wifi signals (for example) to something that can keep your phone charged? That'd be enough for me to upgrade. What about a phone the same size as the S8+ that gets a worldwide signal no matter where you are from satellite or some other technology yet to be invented? What about 6G internet that's faster than you can imagine? All reasons to upgrade.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
They will not come close to Google Assistant, Alexa, Cortana. Even Apple has the resources and capabilities to get Siri eventually there but they will do it in a different way since they are behind the privacy thing for good or bad. Samsung meh they will continue making best hardware with half baked software and they also don't have the services and data to make Bixby great. Look at S Voice it was crap for years, expect Bixby to be same in my opinion.

Don't agree. I actually think Samsung has the better idea of being more than a glorified search engine. Bixby will be far more futuristic with it's ability to interact with your entire phone using your voice.

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Imagine a phone you never have to charge, because they figure out a way to convert radio/wifi signals (for example) to something that can keep your phone charged? That'd be enough for me to upgrade. What about a phone the same size as the S8+ that gets a worldwide signal no matter where you are from satellite or some other technology yet to be invented? What about 6G internet that's faster than you can imagine? All reasons to upgrade.
I thought i read somewhere that Apple was working on charging their phones with radio frequency around us. That would be a nice feature to keep your phone power boosted as I don't think you will be able to fully charge your phone this way it's meant to just give it some extra boost thru the day.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I find Samsung to be a very innovative company with quite the loyal following - this will make it easier for them to try new things in the future and still keep/maintain their fanbase. Who knows which direction they'll take? Thinner phones, better water resistance, who knows. They have the revenue and the brand power to pretty much back up anything.

T22rmh

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
One thing that we see from human history is that tech will never max out. There will always be new developments.

What I see with phones in the future is the displays getting smaller again and some sort of image 3d projection will come to the fore.

Voice control will come to be more responsive. I currently talk to my car and ask it to do quite a few things. I can see this happening more with phones.

Also, phones on the future may bring foldable screens and be wearable tech.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
One thing that we see from human history is that tech will never max out. There will always be new developments.

What I see with phones in the future is the displays getting smaller again and some sort of image 3d projection will come to the fore.

Voice control will come to be more responsive. I currently talk to my car and ask it to do quite a few things. I can see this happening more with phones.

Also, phones on the future may bring foldable screens and be wearable tech.

I would love foldable screens! And if things got smaller, it'd be great. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL