Bixby starting on its own annoying

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No issues for me but that's due to Bixby never even having the terms accepted so it doesn't work :x.

To be real though .. isn't it in beta? I'd expect dumb bugs.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I like the Bixby Beta. So far I've used her for the following

Turn on Bluetooth
Turn on Pandora
Turn off Bluetooth
Send text messages to various people
Open map

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I despise that button. Trying to do something and accidentally pressing it then having to wait for it to load and do its thing before I can go back to what I was actually trying to do.

Is there a way to disable this and still get routine updates?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I despise that button. Trying to do something and accidentally pressing it then having to wait for it to load and do its thing before I can go back to what I was actually trying to do.

Is there a way to disable this and still get routine updates?

Package disabler pro in the play store.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to mess with anything to get normal updates? Like constantly disabling and re-enabling? That would not be worth it.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
You don't need to mess with anything to get normal updates? Like constantly disabling and re-enabling? That would not be worth it.

I received the last T-Mobile update with no issues. Didnt need to change anything for the update and Bixby stayed disabled.

Kaiyalavey

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
I want to completely removed bixby. So sick of accidentally opening it.

U can reasign the bixby button to open somthing else? Might help a bit. My problem is always having Bixby show up on my display while I'm talking as if I was asking it a question. it just opens up randomly, and sucks so bad.

Kaiyalavey

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
I want to completely removed bixby. So sick of accidentally opening it.

U can reasign the bixby button to open somthing else? Might help a bit. My problem is always having Bixby show up on my display while I'm talking as if I was asking it a question. it just opens up randomly, and sucks so bad.