S8 plus and link share

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone use the Samsung link share. It used to work great, but lately it has been stalling out, not sending the complete files. Anyone else experiencing this with their S8 phones, or any Samsung phone for that matter, just spelling out its happening on the S8 plus so the mods understand why posted here. Is there a fix or is this just another Samsung half baked program?

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't recall what error was but the first last only time I used it it had some error and didn't work. Haven't tried again. The other day a update came out for it but haven't used it since 🤔

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I used mine extensively (link share) and haven't had any errors or timed out glitches.
I use it mainly to send videos. Yesterday it was 130 MB, the other day it was 70. Once it failed, then they would stall out. Yesterday I got another stall out, I hit the cancel when it popped up the confirm box I hit resume and it immediately sent. I don't know if that's a work around or not have to test more. My brother has a S8 plus and his is doing it to.

Do you have a S8 plus?

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I do.

And just like you I use link share to send large video files to friends and family.

Not send literally, but allow them to view them.

I'm in So Cal btw. The reason why bring that up is my speed and network are pretty good where I am, I'm not sure it's like that everywhere so your experiences will vary.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I do.

And just like you I use link share to send large video files to friends and family.

Not send literally, but allow them to view them.

I'm in So Cal btw. The reason why bring that up is my speed and network are pretty good where I am, I'm not sure it's like that everywhere so your experiences will vary.
I use my WiFi with 500 Mbps upload. Speed with same results.

So far the resume has been working, don't know why it stalls in the first place.

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
500 upload? Wowee!
That's some good speed there.

Is it 500 down/500 up?

Anyways, my little theory is shot to hell so basically I have no clue other then to keep using resume then.

Or be like me and get on unlimited and use up all your data sending vids.

/Sarcasm

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
500 upload? Wowee!
That's some good speed there.

Is it 500 down/500 up?

Anyways, my little theory is shot to hell so basically I have no clue other then to keep using resume then.

Or be like me and get on unlimited and use up all your data sending vids.

/Sarcasm
It's 1 gig down 500 up.

The big plus of link share is so you can send videos, pictures in original form, and large files. Try sending a video thru email or texting, it won't let you. Pictures thru texting will be compressed in size which don't matter most the time.

Also, people receiving the link share can save the video or pictures you send them, it's not just for viewing it.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Link share is a a hidden secret most Samsung users don't know about, even though it's right there staring at them when you hit the share button. Most don't know what it is and are scared to tap it. It's a huge benefit for Samsung users since Android puts such ridiculous limits on sending video, maybe it's the carrier, either way it's a stupid limit.. I've explained it to friends and they look at you all confused yet, LOL. The person your sending it to does not have to be using a Samsung phone either.

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Oh I definitely agree , you get to send file or files up to a gig in size.

I use it instead of Google drive or Amazon photos because it's never original Rez.

Plus I have family on iOS devices and this makes it super handy to share with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz