Buddy of mine just got this put on his phone. It's that's nano technology. Was wondering if anyone else put this on their phone and what their thoughts are? All videos on this are pretty impressive, but I often defer to this forum for feedback....
    07-16-2017 12:08 AM
    I have the Qmadix Liquid Glass Screen Protector. From what I've seen, different brands have slightly different properties. Qmadix stays effective for about a year, it's oilaphobic, makes the glass feel more smooth, slight improvement to touch sensitivity, most importantly it protects against micro scratches. No liquids will improve shatter resistance so don't think you can go naked around concrete, it's not magic pixie dust.
    Wopback and plumcrazy like this.
    07-16-2017 01:37 AM
    I have the Gadget Guard Liquid Black Ice version. I like it. It will not help if I drop my phone as far as it cracking/shattering. I just couldn't find a screen protector that I liked. The feel of my screen is nice. No fingerprints. Reapply yearly.
    07-16-2017 07:01 AM
    It is is an unproven tech that only time will tell if it actually works. After all we here can't tell if it doesn't work until it scratches. I find the properties of the liquid (very runny, almost water) and application method are so lax that it has no time to form a bond thick enough to do anything, so I deemed it snake oil. I will let the others be the guinea pigs and test it.
    07-16-2017 08:06 AM
    Someone from XDA tested nanofixit, another brand of liquid screen protector. On a non gorilla glass surface to see if it will protect it from scratch. The knife still scratches the glass, with or without screen protector.

Although nanofixit claims that it will make your screen as hard as sapphire. But I don't know the claims of these other liquids.
    07-16-2017 10:30 AM
    Someone from XDA tested nanofixit, another brand of liquid screen protector. On a non gorilla glass surface to see if it will protect it from scratch. The knife still scratches the glass, with or without screen protector.

Although nanofixit claims that it will make your screen as hard as sapphire. But I don't know the claims of these other liquids.
    If it wasnt on a porous glass such as Gorilla Glass (AAS), the coating wont adhere to anything and will be useless. It needs the pores of the glass to chemically adhere to it in order to be effective. Soda-Lime glass will also work but not nearly as well as Gorilla Glass. The pores in Soda-Lime glass are much shallower so dont bond as well as Gorilla Glass, which has deeper pores.
    07-16-2017 10:48 AM
    sounds like a liquid glass type of coating you would use on your cars paint. nothing more
    racedog and BratPAQ like this.
    07-16-2017 10:57 AM
    sounds like a liquid glass type of coating you would use on your cars paint. nothing more
    If its a true chemically bonded nano coating then no, its substantially harder than clear coat.
    07-16-2017 11:05 AM
    If its a true chemically bonded nano coating then no, its substantially harder than clear coat.
    He probably means treatments like Xzilon.
    plumcrazy likes this.
    07-16-2017 06:53 PM
    I use a skinomi liquid glass screen protector. In fact I've been using skinomi for all of my devices. I've found that skinomi is the best I've used in terms of liquid glass. Plus it doesn't collect fingerprints at all.
    Wopback likes this.
    07-16-2017 07:14 PM