09-27-2017 02:33 AM
51 123
tools
    Just saw this in another thread... Samsung should have screenshots go to their own folder. That way I don't have to go delete a bunch of screenshots from my backup since they go into the camera roll.

Man that would be the best..
    Ummm... they DO go to their own folder (Screenshots). Are you sure you're not backing that up to Photos or whatever you use for picture backup?
    07-18-2017 12:59 PM
    Ummm... they DO go to their own folder (Screenshots). Are you sure you're not backing that up to Photos or whatever you use for picture backup?
    I thought the same but it appears screenshots is part of your camera folder so Google Photos backs them up automatically with no way to turn it off.
    07-18-2017 01:01 PM
    Duplicate post
    07-18-2017 01:01 PM
    I thought the same but it appears screenshots is part of your camera folder so Google Photos backs them up automatically with no way to turn it off.
    Mmm...weird, doesn't happen in mine. I only back up the Camera folder, and my screenshots stay in the phone.
    07-18-2017 01:02 PM
    Go to settings > backup > device folders and let me know what you see (in the Google Photos backup).
    07-18-2017 01:22 PM
    Go to settings > backup > device folders and let me know what you see (in the Google Photos backup).
    None. I just back up pictures from the Camera folder
    07-18-2017 02:31 PM
    None. I just back up pictures from the Camera folder
    Yeah that's my problem. It puts the screenshots in there so it backs them up as well :P. On other Android phones you can select the screenshots folder to not be uploaded.
    07-18-2017 02:33 PM
    Yeah that's my problem. It puts the screenshots in there so it backs them up as well :P. On other Android phones you can select the screenshots folder to not be uploaded.
    Well, it saves it into the DCIM folder, but NOT to the Camera one, it saves them on a sub-folder called Screenshots. No idea why Photos doesn't see it in the 'Device Folders' section, though, but I just tried it and no matter what I do, with only Camera backup selected and no device folders selected, my Screenshots never upload to Photos, they stay in the device... Oo

Woot??!!!
    07-18-2017 02:40 PM
    Well, it saves it into the DCIM folder, but NOT to the Camera one, it saves them on a sub-folder called Screenshots. No idea why Photos doesn't see it in the 'Device Folders' section, though, but I just tried it and no matter what I do, with only Camera backup selected and no device folders selected, my Screenshots never upload to Photos, they stay in the device... Oo

Woot??!!!
    Lucky you :P. Never been that way with any Samsung I've owned. Always have to go clear out screenshots.
    07-18-2017 02:43 PM
    Lucky you :P. Never been that way with any Samsung I've owned. Always have to go clear out screenshots.
    Aaaand I pushed my luck. I got one to back up. So yeah, it takes the whole DCIM folder... damn you, Photos!

No idea why it took a bunch of attempts and changing my sync settings like 5 times to get it to 'work', but yeah, I see it now. I guess I've always deleted my screenshots before they were backing up.
    07-18-2017 02:52 PM
    They should put the 16mp wonderful camera from the S6 back, better yet, 2 off them, one wide angle also a quad dac and decent speakers on the front. None of this will happen of course as they think people will buy their phones no matter what they do. Maybe one day they will be surprised.
    Even though it was software updates we were talking about here. I had to address this comment.
    I will say this again, as a long time experienced photographer.
    Basing the quality of a camera on Megapixels alone is not something one should do. Have you done any research?
    The camera on the S7 and S8 is far superior to the S6.

Just to break it down simply

The S6 has is a 16mp SINGLE sensor, with the lens being f/1.9, 28mm
    The S8 has is a 12mp DUAL Sensor, with the lens being f/1.7, 26mm

The Dual Sensor and the f1.7 at 26mm is what you should be concentrating on.

The only benefit you would have to having 16mp over 12mp is you may be able to blow the photo up to a slightly larger size when printing without pixelation.

To your eye, and everyone else on the planet. Your photos will look no different between 12 and 16mp. In fact I believe the human eye can't even process anything over 7mp. Or maybe lower, I can recall at the moment.

Also the front camera on the S8 is far superior to the S6, not just MP,
    The S8 has a 8 MP, f/1.7, WITH Auto focus. The S6 has a crappy 5 MP f/1.9.

The only thing that I would change with the S8 Camera is to add a second lens, so that you could get OPTICAL zoom, as digital zoom just sucks in general.

BUT lets get back on track here with Software improvements!
    SpookDroid and deadbeatles like this.
    07-19-2017 05:38 AM
    S pen capability, better software for S pen and, of course, replaceable battery. Why should I continue to pay the inflated price of the Note?
    07-19-2017 06:51 PM
    S pen capability, better software for S pen and, of course, replaceable battery. Why should I continue to pay the inflated price of the Note?
    OK, but adding the S-Pen and underlying hardware for it kinda costs more. And that would just make it a Note... Now, add GOOD active BT stylus support, and THEN it's a different beast. No new hardware needed (other than the extra BT pen).
    07-20-2017 11:15 AM
    OK, but adding the S-Pen and underlying hardware for it kinda costs more. And that would just make it a Note... Now, add GOOD active BT stylus support, and THEN it's a different beast. No new hardware needed (other than the extra BT pen).
    You might well be right. But I'm skeptical that the S pen is the main reason for the price differential between the S8+ and Note 8. But I honestly don't knowm
    07-20-2017 08:06 PM
    I would like to hear what changes people would like to see in a future update on the Galaxy S8.
    This would be something an update could correct, change, make better, etc...

For me it would be

1. Notification LED is far to dim. There needs to either be a setting to increase and decrease brightness. OR they simply need to put it back up the brightness or previous Galaxy Models.

2. The lock screen clock ( Not the Always On Display Clock )
    We need the ability to change that awful lock screen clock to something else.

There are my changes. What are yours, and your thoughts on mine?
    I would like:

-bigger battery.

-more colors at launch.

-brighter notification led

-more clock styles for AOD. Also more info on AOD.

that's really it I guess.
    07-21-2017 03:41 AM
    I would like:

-bigger battery.

-more colors at launch.

-brighter notification led

-more clock styles for AOD. Also more info on AOD.

that's really it I guess.

Well battery and colours wouldn't be a software upgrade but, I agree with the Notification DIM factor.
    And my thing is the Lock Screen clock which has NO options, at least AOD clock has a few, but yes would be nice to see more all around
    07-21-2017 09:10 AM
    An easy way to cast to my TV. I don't want to buy a new Samsung television. I don't want to buy a Samsung television at all. I'm tired of miracast, chromecast and a myriad of other solutions. Way to go Samsung in eliminating MHL Following in the footsteps of Apple w/proprietary dongles and other closed system devices. If I wanted IOS I would have bought IOS.
    07-23-2017 11:55 PM
    Native dark themes....
    mary beth hale likes this.
    07-24-2017 12:32 AM
    Native dark themes....
    YES! Agreed!
    07-24-2017 02:23 AM
    how about the option to customize the led notification light. like chose a color for each app. instead if the blue
    badcat likes this.
    08-30-2017 02:47 PM
    Yea I would like that as well.
    08-30-2017 02:49 PM
    how about the option to customize the led notification light. like chose a color for each app. instead if the blue
    That's would be great. What fun!
    08-30-2017 04:09 PM
    Allow app-specific notification sounds. Right now you can pick a sound for email and another one for everything else, including text messages. It would be nice to have a different sound for every app or any combination, so you know whether you should check it now or wait until later.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    08-30-2017 04:12 PM
    Don't improve Bixby--eradicate it.

Keep the Bixby Button to remap as you wish.

Offer an S8 with the S pen. Would gladly pay $100 more. Don't need the wasted ram or special camera of the Note 8.

Removable batter and, yes, I know it ain't going to happen.

Add back the infared blaster which I'm sure adds minimum cost.
    08-30-2017 10:03 PM
    Don't improve Bixby--eradicate it.

Keep the Bixby Button to remap as you wish.

Offer an S8 with the S pen. Would gladly pay $100 more. Don't need the wasted ram or special camera of the Note 8.

Removable batter and, yes, I know it ain't going to happen.

Add back the infared blaster which I'm sure adds minimum cost.
    Software updates. Not hardware
    09-27-2017 01:10 AM
51 123