What changes would you like to see on a future update of the Galaxy S8

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I would like to hear what changes people would like to see in a future update on the Galaxy S8.
This would be something an update could correct, change, make better, etc...

For me it would be

1. Notification LED is far to dim. There needs to either be a setting to increase and decrease brightness. OR they simply need to put it back up the brightness or previous Galaxy Models.

2. The lock screen clock ( Not the Always On Display Clock )
We need the ability to change that awful lock screen clock to something else.

There are my changes. What are yours, and your thoughts on mine?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think you can change the lockscreen clock with themes... I actually like mine!

As for changes, I'd like them to fix the wonky 'disappearing' navigation bar. It's a cool idea, but it doesn't really work well; to make it re-appear it usually prompts the underlying app for scrolling or text input (it goes nuts with FB comments). And while we're at it, bringing back the option for more colors (or at least decent ones... come on, bring back the black!).

And fix Bixby and allow re-mapping of the button hehe. Or make a magical update that will make that button disappear :D

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I find the leds bright enough.
But I would like a red colour slider for amoled modes. So I can turn it down and finally use them.
Bixby is almost useless in Europe, I would like to see it do more over here.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
... come on, bring back the black!).

Using adb, you can bring back the black nav bar. Took about 2 minutes to do so.

adb shell settings put global navigationbar_color -16777216
adb shell settings put global navigationbar_current_color -16777216

Id like to see bluetooth range fixed. Id love to walk more than 10 feet from a speaker before it stutters. Or at least be able to pocket my phone while using a headset without stutters.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Using adb, you can bring back the black nav bar. Took about 2 minutes to do so.

Id like to see bluetooth range fixed. Id love to walk more than 10 feet from a speaker before it stutters. Or at least be able to pocket my phone while using a headset without stutters.

Mmm... mine can do that. I leave the phone at the middle of the pool and can go to either end with BT Headphones without issues (as long as I don't place the phone near a pump or light).

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Mmm... mine can do that. I leave the phone at the middle of the pool and can go to either end with BT Headphones without issues (as long as I don't place the phone near a pump or light).
BT is very inconsistent on these phones. Tons of people are having issues (the Samsung forum thread is at 55 pages last I saw) then there's some not having issues. It's a mess.

manusbaldspot

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Bluetooth is fine till I put it in my pocket and go for a run. I'm definitely experiencing that stutter others are as well.

I don't like the nav bar. That's about it right now.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
my s8 has only 1/2 the bluetooth range that my iphone 7 has but the s8 does a better job of reconnecting to my garmin watch than the ip7 does

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I think you can change the lockscreen clock with themes... I actually like mine!

As for changes, I'd like them to fix the wonky 'disappearing' navigation bar. It's a cool idea, but it doesn't really work well; to make it re-appear it usually prompts the underlying app for scrolling or text input (it goes nuts with FB comments). And while we're at it, bringing back the option for more colors (or at least decent ones... come on, bring back the black!).

And fix Bixby and allow re-mapping of the button hehe. Or make a magical update that will make that button disappear :D

What do you use for the lock screen clock? Current one is awful.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Installed SD Black. I like the placement of the clock but I think the colours are stupid.
It needs to be just a solid colour in my opinion.

Haha that's why I liked it! Black background, simple yet striking color contrast. But, if you don't like that, there are other themes with different clocks and I'm sure one must fit your needs :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital