09-27-2017 02:33 AM
51 123
tools
    I would like to hear what changes people would like to see in a future update on the Galaxy S8.
    This would be something an update could correct, change, make better, etc...

For me it would be

1. Notification LED is far to dim. There needs to either be a setting to increase and decrease brightness. OR they simply need to put it back up the brightness or previous Galaxy Models.

2. The lock screen clock ( Not the Always On Display Clock )
    We need the ability to change that awful lock screen clock to something else.

There are my changes. What are yours, and your thoughts on mine?
    07-17-2017 10:54 AM
    I think you can change the lockscreen clock with themes... I actually like mine!

As for changes, I'd like them to fix the wonky 'disappearing' navigation bar. It's a cool idea, but it doesn't really work well; to make it re-appear it usually prompts the underlying app for scrolling or text input (it goes nuts with FB comments). And while we're at it, bringing back the option for more colors (or at least decent ones... come on, bring back the black!).

And fix Bixby and allow re-mapping of the button hehe. Or make a magical update that will make that button disappear
    07-17-2017 11:16 AM
    Make the "Samsung Experience" a more fluid and smooth launcher.
    07-17-2017 11:40 AM
    I find the leds bright enough.
    But I would like a red colour slider for amoled modes. So I can turn it down and finally use them.
    Bixby is almost useless in Europe, I would like to see it do more over here.
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    07-17-2017 12:08 PM
    ... come on, bring back the black!).
    Using adb, you can bring back the black nav bar. Took about 2 minutes to do so.

adb shell settings put global navigationbar_color -16777216
    adb shell settings put global navigationbar_current_color -16777216
    Id like to see bluetooth range fixed. Id love to walk more than 10 feet from a speaker before it stutters. Or at least be able to pocket my phone while using a headset without stutters.
    07-17-2017 01:59 PM
    move the pull down menus to the edge panel, ditch bixby
    07-17-2017 02:11 PM
    Using adb, you can bring back the black nav bar. Took about 2 minutes to do so.

Id like to see bluetooth range fixed. Id love to walk more than 10 feet from a speaker before it stutters. Or at least be able to pocket my phone while using a headset without stutters.
    Mmm... mine can do that. I leave the phone at the middle of the pool and can go to either end with BT Headphones without issues (as long as I don't place the phone near a pump or light).
    07-17-2017 02:20 PM
    Mmm... mine can do that. I leave the phone at the middle of the pool and can go to either end with BT Headphones without issues (as long as I don't place the phone near a pump or light).
    BT is very inconsistent on these phones. Tons of people are having issues (the Samsung forum thread is at 55 pages last I saw) then there's some not having issues. It's a mess.
    07-17-2017 02:29 PM
    Bluetooth is fine till I put it in my pocket and go for a run. I'm definitely experiencing that stutter others are as well.

I don't like the nav bar. That's about it right now.
    07-17-2017 02:55 PM
    my s8 has only 1/2 the bluetooth range that my iphone 7 has but the s8 does a better job of reconnecting to my garmin watch than the ip7 does
    07-17-2017 03:56 PM
    I think you can change the lockscreen clock with themes... I actually like mine!

As for changes, I'd like them to fix the wonky 'disappearing' navigation bar. It's a cool idea, but it doesn't really work well; to make it re-appear it usually prompts the underlying app for scrolling or text input (it goes nuts with FB comments). And while we're at it, bringing back the option for more colors (or at least decent ones... come on, bring back the black!).

And fix Bixby and allow re-mapping of the button hehe. Or make a magical update that will make that button disappear
    What do you use for the lock screen clock? Current one is awful.
    07-17-2017 04:39 PM
    I'm using a theme called "Sd black"
    mary beth hale likes this.
    07-17-2017 09:21 PM
    Thanks!
    07-17-2017 09:28 PM
    07-17-2017 09:51 PM
    Installed SD Black. I like the placement of the clock but I think the colours are stupid.
    It needs to be just a solid colour in my opinion.
    07-17-2017 10:19 PM
    Installed SD Black. I like the placement of the clock but I think the colours are stupid.
    It needs to be just a solid colour in my opinion.
    Haha that's why I liked it! Black background, simple yet striking color contrast. But, if you don't like that, there are other themes with different clocks and I'm sure one must fit your needs
    07-17-2017 11:47 PM
    Cheap price tag removable battery
    07-18-2017 12:09 AM
    Cheap price tag removable battery
    I doubt you can get that with a software update... maybe the price, eventually, after the S10 is released...
    07-18-2017 12:14 AM
    Not sure to be honest. I'd say dual camera if anything. Wide angle lenses are fun.
    mhinc likes this.
    07-18-2017 01:02 AM
    OK, we're talking hardware updates now... that wouldn't be an 'updated S8', that would be the S9 :P
    shadowsjc likes this.
    07-18-2017 10:51 AM
    Samsung is so busy working to get Bixby ready, I think they have nothing else on priority at this point irrespective of what we like them to fix
    07-18-2017 10:58 AM
    OK, we're talking hardware updates now... that wouldn't be an 'updated S8', that would be the S9 :P
    You're right I suck.. this is about software updates :P. Doh!

Hmmm.. software wise what would I want. Personally I wish all phones had a bandwidth monitor so I didn't have to use a 3rd party app. Odd request but something I would personally like :P.
    07-18-2017 11:05 AM
    Just saw this in another thread... Samsung should have screenshots go to their own folder. That way I don't have to go delete a bunch of screenshots from my backup since they go into the camera roll.

Man that would be the best..
    deadbeatles likes this.
    07-18-2017 11:06 AM
    They should put the 16mp wonderful camera from the S6 back, better yet, 2 off them, one wide angle also a quad dac and decent speakers on the front. None of this will happen of course as they think people will buy their phones no matter what they do. Maybe one day they will be surprised.
    07-18-2017 11:08 AM
    They should put the 16mp wonderful camera from the S6 back, better yet, 2 off them, one wide angle also a quad dac and decent speakers on the front. None of this will happen of course as they think people will buy their phones no matter what they do. Maybe one day they will be surprised.
    Software updates...
    07-18-2017 11:12 AM
51 123