Bixby voice finally here!

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Yes the phone still worked. Man you are super negative, I don't even own the phone but geeze we get it, no matter what Samsung does it isn't good enough for you. In that case why did you buy a Samsung device knowing this from the start?
Because I never said that, not once. We are talking about the purpose of Bixby and why they chose to do something that was doomed from the start due to their late arrival and incomplete software.

I've asked and asked what will make Bixby great and so far I've got no response that Google doesn't already do. A company who has cornered the market with Amazon. Bixby became Samsung's knockoff.

The button was not thought out. It's placed horribly and the software that comes with it is redundant.

Being able to disable it completely is this phones saving grace. Had I not had that ability, which Samsung is trying their best to block, then I'd have dumped it

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Ok then please tell me what Bixby does that Google Assistant doesn't do. I've asked this question dozens of times and so far all anyone has said was it will send photos in an email.

For starters, Google Assistant stopped working for me today. I had to completely reboot it. Meanwhile, Bixby gave me my schedule for the day. Again, it's not a competition unless you make it one. I see it as more options at my disposal.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
For starters, Google Assistant stopped working for me today. I had to completely reboot it. Meanwhile, Bixby gave me my schedule for the day. Again, it's not a competition unless you make it one. I see it as more options at my disposal.
It stopped working because of Bixby lol. It's been a complaint on here that Bixby is breaking ok Google.

Google assistant wouldnt stop you from getting your schedule. That's in your calendar. Assistant only assists.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Because I never said that, not once. We are talking about the purpose of Bixby and why they chose to do something that was doomed from the start due to their late arrival and incomplete software.

I've asked and asked what will make Bixby great and so far I've got no response that Google doesn't already do. A company who has cornered the market with Amazon. Bixby became Samsung's knockoff.

The button was not thought out. It's placed horribly and the software that comes with it is redundant.

Being able to disable it completely is this phones saving grace. Had I not had that ability, which Samsung is trying their best to block, then I'd have dumped it

Well because let's use googles own old ad "be together, not the same" the great thing about android is choice. Not everyone wants the same thing or wants to have to download an extra app when they have something like Samsung provides out of the box. Still seems kind of dumb to buy a phone for software it has then to complain about it.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Well because let's use googles own old ad "be together, not the same" the great thing about android is choice. Not everyone wants the same thing or wants to have to download an extra app when they have something like Samsung provides out of the box. Still seems kind of dumb to buy a phone for software it has then to complain about it.
I'm not complaining about software it has. I'm complaining about the button for software it doesn't have.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm not complaining about software it has. I'm complaining about the button for software it doesn't have.

Actually you complained about everything and the kitchen sink. But it's ok in a few months you can buy the pixel and never have to worry about it again since it's so awful and redundant to you ??????

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
It stopped working because of Bixby lol. It's been a complaint on here that Bixby is breaking ok Google.

Google assistant wouldnt stop you from getting your schedule. That's in your calendar. Assistant only assists.

Then why is Google Assistant now working again? You missed the point. I now have more than one option, especially when I'm driving.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Actually you complained about everything and the kitchen sink. But it's ok in a few months you can buy the pixel and never have to worry about it again since it's so awful and redundant to you
I complained about Bixby and Bluetooth range. That's it. 2 glaring issues with this phone that has a great deal of people complaining. And I have no interest in the Pixel. I like expandable storage.

Again, you have no example of Bixby not being redundant. This is the problem. Everyone says how great it is or will be without looking at what it actually is.

Why not build off an a gigantic ecosystem already in place from Google, who is willing to offer you access to that space. Why try and do something you don't specialize in and ignore the whole purpose of your company to begin with. Samsung is a hardware company. Fix the hardware and leave the software to the experts.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I complained about Bixby and Bluetooth range. That's it. 2 glaring issues with this phone that has a great deal of people complaining. And I have no interest in the Pixel. I like expandable storage.

Again, you have no example of Bixby not being redundant. This is the problem. Everyone says how great it is or will be without looking at what it actually is.

Why not build off an a gigantic ecosystem already in place from Google, who is willing to offer you access to that space. Why try and do something you don't specialize in and ignore the whole purpose of your company to begin with. Samsung is a hardware company. Fix the hardware and leave the software to the experts.

Have a Samsung fridge with Google co-branding? Google themselves are trying to separate themselves by making a phone that's completely Google's own, but everybody knows HTC made the phone. Google wants to be their own brand, I'm sure every manufacture does too. Reason why Huawei backed out of the Pixel deal because of the non co-branding.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Have a Samsung fridge with Google co-branding? Google themselves are trying to separate themselves by making a phone that's completely Google's own, but everybody knows HTC made the phone. Google wants to be their own brand, I'm sure every manufacture does too. Reason why Huawei backed out of the Pixel deal because of the non co-branding.
Assistant works with all Smartthings hub devices as well as LG and Ge.

Google isn't limiting the software to Google devices. Samsung is cornering themselves by doing so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20