Bixby voice finally here!

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
So when do you think it will come to Android Auto or work with smart home devices besides Smartthings hubs? Before you look it up, the answer is never. It will never get integration into Android Auto, you know the thing almost every car manufacturer is putting in their cars.

As for messaging apps, it works for theirs and that's it. The most widely used messaging app doesn't have support yet Google assistant supports it.
Lol I have no need to look up anything. You're really a funny guy. My home is a smarthome and I don't care if it work with my system or any other system or not. But you don't know if it will or not. I'm not too sure why you have such a need to express your dislike of Bixby so adamantly, what you just said is what I mean about being childish talking about Bixby. Samsung built Bixby so of course it's gonna work with their apps. They're building their own ecosystem. But it does work with 17 other 3rd party apps and they plan to add more. By the way I use Google Assistant also. Also Google is going to be implementing their own button.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Lol I have no need to look up anything. You're really a funny guy. My home is a smarthome and I don't care if it work with my system or any other system or not. But you don't know if it will or not. I'm not too sure why you have such a need to express your dislike of Bixby so adamantly, what you just said is what I mean about being childish talking about Bixby. Samsung built Bixby so of course it's gonna work with their apps. They're building their own ecosystem. But it does work with 17 other 3rd party apps and they plan to add more. By the way I use Google Assistant also. Also Google is going to be implementing their own button.
I mean if you feel your argument has some validity by insulting someone then so be it. I'll stick to the facts of what we're discussing. If you think you can do that then we can continue discussing Bixby. If not, well then you have yourself a wonderful day.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Where do u live that they give u a ticket for having your phone on a car mount?
Detroit. $150 for distracted driving even it's it's being used for navigation. Daughter's boyfriend got the joy of that one a few months ago. His license got suspended until August because he's only 17. They are trying to raise it to $500 right now. They don't want the phone mounted in your line of sight. They are also trying to block actual GPS units.

Here's the state's that made windshield mounts illegal

Alabama Arkansas Connecticut Delaware Georgia Idaho Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maryland Mississippi Montana Nebraska New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico North Carolina North Dakota Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington Washington DC West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
And with assistant you don't have to touch a thing. And it shows on your radio screen as well as not having to turn down the radio for it to activate. See, Bixby is redundant.

Not if Google Assistant stops working it isn't. And it's stopped working before Bixby ever came to my phone.

Options.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I complained about Bixby and Bluetooth range. That's it. 2 glaring issues with this phone that has a great deal of people complaining. And I have no interest in the Pixel. I like expandable storage.

Again, you have no example of Bixby not being redundant. This is the problem. Everyone says how great it is or will be without looking at what it actually is.

Why not build off an a gigantic ecosystem already in place from Google, who is willing to offer you access to that space. Why try and do something you don't specialize in and ignore the whole purpose of your company to begin with. Samsung is a hardware company. Fix the hardware and leave the software to the experts.

Actually I explained how it's not redundant but I'm not going to go over that since clearly like you've said multiple times it's redundant to YOU. Not everyone feels that way or thinks Google assistant is so great (or even knows about it) this is aimed at those people. Not sure why that is so hard for you to grasp.

Last edited:

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Actually I explained how it's not redundant but I'm not going to go over that since clearly like you've said multiple times it's redundant to YOU. Not everyone feels that way or things Google assistant is so great (or even knows about it) this is aimed at those people. Not sure why that is so hard for you to grasp.
You argue that its good, I argue it's not. Not sure why your so upset that my opinion differs from yours. Should we all just agree on everything and not discuss opinions as long as you agree?

It's a discussion board, where we discuss. Your fighting for Bixby as hard as I'm fighting against it. Seems to be the purpose of a discussion.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
You argue that its good, I argue it's not. Not sure why your so upset that my opinion differs from yours. Should we all just agree on everything and not discuss opinions as long as you agree?

It's a discussion board, where we discuss. Your fighting for Bixby as hard as I'm fighting against it. Seems to be the purpose of a discussion.

Who is upset? ???????????? you're the one who you're only rebuttal is "android auto" or "redundant" I will gladly have a discussion, you keep asking the same thing, I keep giving you why some might like it but you continue to seem to ignore it in your use case thinking it is the end all, be all.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Who is upset? you're the one who you're only rebuttal is "android auto" or "redundant" I will gladly have a discussion, you keep asking the same thing, I keep giving you why some might like it but you continue to seem to ignore it in your use case thinking it is the end all, be all.
I keep asking what Bixby can or will do that's useful and isn't redundant. You haven't given me any examples that another system doesn't already do.

I asked for legitimate examples. Give me one to understand why you feel so strongly about Bixby.
If your not upset then answer the question and stop wondering why I dislike Bixby since I've made it very clear.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I keep asking what Bixby can or will do that's useful and isn't redundant. You haven't given me any examples that another system doesn't already do.

I asked for legitimate examples. Give me one to understand why you feel so strongly about Bixby.

1. Don't feel so strongly about bixby
2. There has been multiple occasions where people have given (yes we know others can do the same, but for the last time I will explain to you, not everyone is tech savvy or knows about the others)
The redundant thing (which once again is your use case) is not the same for everyone. Who cares if others can do the same thing? I never claimed your beloved assistant cannot do those things...

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
1. Don't feel so strongly about bixby
2. There has been multiple occasions where people have given (yes we know others can do the same, but for the last time I will explain to you, not everyone is tech savvy or knows about the others)
The redundant thing (which once again is your use case) is not the same for everyone. Who cares if others can do the same thing? I never claimed your beloved assistant cannot do those things...
So then you agree, it's redundant. Great, thanks for the participation.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I mean if you feel your argument has some validity by insulting someone then so be it. I'll stick to the facts of what we're discussing. If you think you can do that then we can continue discussing Bixby. If not, well then you have yourself a wonderful day.
I'm sorry your were insulted by my reply. Ill say this. You keep asking what Bixby can do. The answer is in the Bixby app. It does so much that it's too much for anyone to post. To find your answer go to your Bixby Home, into settings and select Tutorials and you'll find your answer. Starting with What is Bixby. But it's a lot so it'll take you some time to read it and watch the videos and go thru the 3000 commands. You should stop comparing Bixby and Google Assistant because they're not the same although Bixby can do some of what GA does.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry your were insulted by my reply. Ill say this. You keep asking what Bixby can do. The answer is in the Bixby app. It does so much that it's too much for anyone to post. To find your answer go to your Bixby Home, into settings and select Tutorials and you'll find your answer. But it's a lot so it'll take you some time to read it and watch the videos and go thru the 3000 commands.
I've done that and there was nothing that I don't already have with Google. In fact it was significantly less. You can't even get gmail notifications. The very email android is designed to work with.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I've done that and there was nothing that I don't already have with Google. In fact it was significantly less. You can't even get gmail notifications. The very email android is designed to work with.
apparently you haven't read everything. Because it clearly does more than GA. And yes it does work with GMail.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If you don't like Bixby don't use it. Don't knock it just because you don't like it or don't find it useful. Use or don't use whatever you want. The fact that Samsung put the button on the S8/S8Plus and didn't have the software ready is really no big deal. It's ready now and I like it. Samsung didn't design the phone especially for you so if you buy one expect software or hardware included that you may not like or intend to use. Samsung wants it's own ecosystem and there's nothing wrong with that. You know what you're getting before you buy it. Reading some post it appears that some people got mad because you couldn't remap the button after finding out Bixby software wasn't completely ready. That's just childish.
I didn't get anything like that out of any of the posts I've read, but especially not the one quoted.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
apparently you haven't read everything. Because it correctly does more than GA. And yes it does work with GMail
Bixby home has access to gmail now? Since when?

And if it does "more than Google" then could use please explain something useful that it does? I'm literally begging someone to give me a reason to re-enable this thing but nobody is saying a word.

Give me something that it will do that's so great and I'll apologize for disliking it. Why should I run 2 assistants on one device? One of which is limited to my phone only.

Edit: I've re-enabled Home and I don't see how to access Gmail. Can you tell me where you found it?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Also, Samsung didn't build Bixby. Samsung bought Bixby and tooled some of it's phone firmware around what it comes with out of the box and then added some bits here and there.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante