S8 Plus already has minor scratches on screen

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Noticed them today. I've never had an issue with this on my iPhone before so I've never purchased screen protectors. Anyone else have minor scratches on the display from something in your pocket? Thankfully I only have two and they aren't very noticable.

I think I've told everyone this issue but no one believes me. The S8 has Gorilla Glass 5, which is much more resistant to shatters but easily scratched. I suggest getting a screen protector (a case friendly one), and a case. The previous phones were more resistant to scratches, I guess they overlooked this one.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Nope, once gone, it's gone. I don't think you can buffer it out, it'll just make it worse. Just clean it and slap a screen protector on it.

You can buy an aftermarket oleophobic coating kit. Its not as good as what the factory uses but it works.

As for scratches, 2 months in and absolutely nothing. All depends on how you take care of your phone.

Anyone else have minor scratches on the display from something in your pocket?

Step one to avoiding scratches.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You can buy an aftermarket oleophobic coating kit. Its not as good as what the factory uses but it works.

As for scratches, 2 months in and absolutely nothing. All depends on how you take care of your phone.

Step one to avoiding scratches.

You can't live your life being afraid of scratches every moment. The point is it's not supposed to be like that. We are raising awareness so people know including Samsung.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
You can't live your life being afraid of scratches every moment. The point is it's not supposed to be like that. We are raising awareness so people know including Samsung.
Who lives their life in fear? It's a simple step, don't put glass in a pocket with other objects. I have dropped my phone and dropped stuff on it's screen and its still mint.

If you want higher scratch resistance then demand sapphire, but don't complain when you see the cost. It's glass, it can scratch if you don't take care of it. The same as your car windshield, your eyeglasses, etc.

There is no phone on the market that won't scratch under abuse. My iPhone looked like a tiger got ahold of it even though it was never dropped or in a pocket with anything.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1