Odd case issue with battery

Samantha218

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I just purchased one of those glitter phone covers recently and noticed that my battery goes down faster than usual. Is it possible that the cover drains my battery? I just put all those background apps to sleep, changed my screen settings, but nothing helps.

is this normal?

Hunter Raley

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can my phone drain my battery?

I just purchased one of those glitter phone covers recently and noticed that my battery goes down faster than usual. Is it possible that the cover drains my battery? I just put all those background apps to sleep, changed my screen settings, but nothing helps.

is this normal?
I know cases can drain battery life if they cause the phone to overheat. Leave the case on, then when you notice it is draining the most battery take it off and feel if it abnormally warm. I've had it happen a couple of times. I'm sure there is an app out there to monitor phone temperature too. Hope that helps!

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

The case could be interfering with your phones ability to get and keep a strong signal (if there are metals in it). This would cause your phone to constantly be searching for a strong signal and it WILL kill your battery.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

even if my data & wifi are off?

Connection settings don't determine your signal strengh if it's weak (1-2 bars) you will get bad reception and battery life since your phone keeps searching for signals and uses more battery to keep the connection. (unless you're in airplane mode)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I know cases can drain battery life if they cause the phone to overheat. Leave the case on, then when you notice it is draining the most battery take it off and feel if it abnormally warm. I've had it happen a couple of times. I'm sure there is an app out there to monitor phone temperature too. Hope that helps!

I have never heard of heat draining a battery. A rapidly draining battery will cause heat so how we would determine which is causing which? A phone doesn't heat up because it is sitting inside a case although a case may slow down heat transfer.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

is this normal?

Cases don't drain batteries

gknicks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have several times seen cases that cause dirt and grim to build up around the vents and cause the battery to heat up. Clean it up, plus generic cases can Just cover the vents

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

Unless I'm missing something the data and WiFi both off would be the equivalent of airplane mode.

You ARE missing something, namely the cellular signal. You can turn data and wifi off and still get phone calls.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith