I'm scared that my S8 might be a fake.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I had this phone for 2 weeks, didn't experienced problems, but first thing i did was do some benchmarks and check if they are simillar with other people's S8's. My S8 scored on antutu 174k first time. But only now I considered of doing it again and I was shocked by the results S8 scored 114k and antutu had a strange name showing not an "SM-950F" but a full name with symbols.So is there any chance of this being a fake one. View attachment 264126

Fake S8 would have been too easy to spot. First of all, they wouldn't have an AMOLED screen because it would cost too much and copycats would not profit. You can just look at the build quality and know if it's fake. If you bought it from a reputable source, then you should be fine. If you bought it on Craigslist, or eBay, there is a chance.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Fake S8 would have been too easy to spot. First of all, they wouldn't have an AMOLED screen because it would cost too much and copycats would not profit. You can just look at the build quality and know if it's fake. If you bought it from a reputable source, then you should be fine. If you bought it on Craigslist, or eBay, there is a chance.
Some fakes are made too-well, though.

They look and feel almost like the real-deal.

A

AC Question

My galaxy s8 color black made in Vietnam is it a fake or real

The color is black it does alot like an original it even shows a full screen

DCTR Zoom

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
I'm facing the same issues as OP. Same name with the funny character and all. First benchmark I ran I got 103k score, then a 2nd one I got around 126k. This all on performance mode.
I got my S8+ from Amazon, Samsung was the seller, box came with the seal unbroken, I didn't suspect anything up until now. Antutu Officer doesn't recognize the device (Unknown).

EDIT: Just done another one after a restart and I got 146k score. Oddly enough, UX Strategy Games and UX I/O performance scored higher than the listed S8+, not by much though.

Last edited:

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
Did anyone's box have a safety seal? Mine and my wife's phone did not. We purchased new from Best Buy. Had all the clear application stickers on the device itself and all the wires, headphones and charging bricks have the clear protection. How do you also find out if a device is a refurb?

DCTR Zoom

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
Mine had the seal and it was intact, good sign. I honestly don't know what could lead to the absence of a seal altogether. I'm fairly sure that when the phones go out to the market they always have one.

On other news, I ran Antutu one more time, under the same conditions and got desired results. Keep in mind this is my 4th test:

qcjlcB7.jpg carTTLn.jpg

mTX8lto.jpg

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You don't check against benchmarks. My S7 Edge has a difference if 50k in scores when newly booted and after a week of no turning off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12