AT&T - July 1st Security Update Just Arrived

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Even if you force check?

Yes sir. I force checked yesterday when I saw this thread and then I force checked today, 24 hours after I last checked. I know it doesn't give you the "check again in 24 hours" count down anymore but it literally doesn't even check if you keep trying it. It just automatically says "software is up to date" without even checking the server.

I'll have to check again tomorrow I guess. I actually prefer the 24 hour count down because at least you know when you last checked. Now you have to guess.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes sir. I force checked yesterday when I saw this thread and then I force checked today, 24 hours after I last checked. I know it doesn't give you the "check again in 24 hours" count down anymore but it literally doesn't even check if you keep trying it. It just automatically says "software is up to date" without even checking the server.

I'll have to check again tomorrow I guess. I actually prefer the 24 hour count down because at least you know when you last checked. Now you have to guess.

Yeah AT&T puts a "cool down" on their status checks. I guess to stop people from spamming it but they're the only ones that do this (from my knowledge).

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Have the unlocked version as well. Seems strange that a carrier, with its testing requirements, gets updates before unlocked.
Not sure what variant gets prioritized. The US unlocked variant received the June patch prior to any other US carrier variants but this time its lagging behind T-Mobile and AT&T.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I actually prefer the 24 hour count down because at least you know when you last checked. Now you have to guess.
Or you can remember or record the time you last checked. The easiest way is to take a screenshot of the "software up-to-date" message. (My phone received this update spontaneously about ten hours after I'd manually checked, even though another manual check at that time would not have gone through.)

Which firmware are you on? Are you physically in the US now?

If you online-chat with AT&T tech support, they can push the update to your phone in real time.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I just checked again and it still says it's up to date. Lol. Yes, I'm in the US currently. Whatever, I guess I just won't worry about it. It'll come when it comes. Not sure how to check firmware.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I just got the August Patch on my Galaxy S8 international unlocked dual sim

Does it have the nav bar hide option? Or wait, you probably already have that since you're unlocked..

I know they roll out updates with AT&T over time but the July patch was rolled out a month ago so I don't understand why I haven't gotten it yet, unless they stopped doing so for some reason. So strange. I guess I'll call them back and ask WTF is going on.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Does it have the nav bar hide option? Or wait, you probably already have that since you're unlocked..

I know they roll out updates with AT&T over time but the July patch was rolled out a month ago so I don't understand why I haven't gotten it yet, unless they stopped doing so for some reason. So strange. I guess I'll call them back and ask WTF is going on.

the nav bar? if you mean the settings bar on the top that's hidden automatically, if you mean the 3 little virtual buttons at the bottom, I was able to hide them ever since I got the device but I choose to keep them on at all times unless you mean something else then please educate me

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
the nav bar? if you mean the settings bar on the top that's hidden automatically, if you mean the 3 little virtual buttons at the bottom, I was able to hide them ever since I got the device but I choose to keep them on at all times unless you mean something else then please educate me
Yes, the navigation buttons on the bottom of the screen. AT&T still doesn't have the hide option. Not sure if I'd even like that but want to test it out.

So I called AT&T to ask about the update. They said they would push it to and I should have it in about 2 hours tops. Here I am 4 hours later and it still says current software is up to date. I even set it out a week and a day and still no luck. Wtf? Lol

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I FINALLY got the damn July, 1 Security update. Good grief, that took a while. I got it almost a month later than you all did. Hopefully this isn't a trend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol