What useful things have you had Bixby do?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Noone? Well I use the quick command to send pre-typed texts to my wife letting her know that I have made it to work safely. Very cool to be able to send a text with one or two words.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Haha, seems Bixby is a bit slow taking off. Perhaps not many places have it yet, and most ppl are on the beta that are on here.
As I understand it, Bixby is an assistant within the device itself, a butler as it were, as opposed to the google type things that need to look stuff up online..... Have I got that right?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Haha, seems Bixby is a bit slow taking off. Perhaps not many places have it yet, and most ppl are on the beta that are on here.
As I understand it, Bixby is an assistant within the device itself, a butler as it were, as opposed to the google type things that need to look stuff up online..... Have I got that right?

Yes. A way to control your phone without having to touch it.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I use Bixby sparingly since I really don't need to use it for any real reason. I use Bixby check the weather and put the phone into do not disturb mode when I go to bed. I know I will start to use it more as I find more things Bixby is capable of.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I know there are hundreds of things you can tell it to do. What is something useful you found Bixby can do for you?

I've used it to send a lot of texts today and each time it's been correct on the first go. I also ask the weather and other boring things but it has yet to misunderstand me. Love it so far.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I read that you could get it to reboot the phone into recovery mode but I could not get this to work. I do this once a week or so to clear the cache. I know you can clear the cache without booting into recovery mode but I prefer to do it this way so that I also restart the phone every once in a while.

I don't find it all that useful, TBH. I think I'm going to switch back to OK Google as it seems faster and recognizes my voice more clearly.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I use Bixby sparingly since I really don't need to use it for any real reason. I use Bixby check the weather

That is what I used Google Assistant for when traveling. It was easier to use GA than to physically type in the search of a weather app as that usually wants to stay within your pinned location. Will have to see how it works with Bixby now for the next trip.

uncaged74

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
I don't know how to use Bixby yet; will have to Google that one. I did see something about using Bixby to take a photo of something to find out who makes it and how much it sells for.

mousemonkey

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Close all apps, clear notifications, optimize now, clear internet history, turn on flashlight, increase screen brightness to 90%, snap a picture, turn off notifications.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I saw on FB a guy lost his phone so he told Bixby to turn on the flashlight . Pretty good idea. I guess you could always have her open a music app too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol