08-04-2017 06:41 AM
33 12
tools
    I just got an 8+ and love it. It died seem rather fragile though. I have a plastic case with a kickstand built in. Biting robust. Anyone else have a similar it lower protection level that can attest to the 8+ durability?
    07-20-2017 10:50 AM
    Glass phones do not lend themselves to robustness Had a Tough Armor on mine before it was fully out of the box.
    07-20-2017 10:58 AM
    The S8 Plus is pretty durable but I still would not want to test it to see. It always depends on how the phone is treated. Even the thinnest case will protect your phone if you are careful. Even with the heaviest case you could still have damage depending on the drop, should it hit an edge or should the screen fall onto something sticking up. Ive had mine in a Speck case with a screen protector on it and have had no issues so far. I'm also extremely careful with my phones considering the cost of them.
    07-20-2017 11:08 AM
    Glass phones do not lend themselves to robustness Had a Tough Armor on mine before it was fully out of the box.
    I, inadvertently, tested the durability of the tough armor case yesterday. Phone got knocked off a table thats about 4 feet tall and landed on the corner. After it did a few somersaults it landed face down. The case took all of the shock and absorbed it. The phone is in perfect condition still. No cracks, scratches etc. I was a little worried about this case considering its still pretty thin.
    07-20-2017 11:36 AM
    I was a little worried about this case considering its still pretty thin.
    I dropped mine from shirt pocket level while standing. Hit a tile floor with just a very thin mat, no damage to either case or phone.
    07-20-2017 11:48 AM
    All glass anything is not going to be robust dropped on most hard surfaces.
    Have a Otterbox Defender case on mine. While I hate the size it adds to the S8+, it adds plenty of grip. So it is a trade off.
    Would not go w/o a quality case on devices that are this expensive.
    07-20-2017 04:14 PM
    All glass anything is not going to be robust dropped on most hard surfaces.
    Have a Otterbox Defender case on mine. While I hate the size it adds to the S8+, it adds plenty of grip. So it is a trade off.
    Would not go w/o a quality case on devices that are this expensive.
    I have the defender on my S8+ as well. While it does make it bigger, OtterBox nailed this iteration of defenders and it is thinner than any other before. I love it.
    07-20-2017 04:26 PM
    I just can't see myself with that big of a case (however streamlined) on a behemoth like the 8+. Even the 8 would be pushing it
    07-20-2017 04:30 PM
    Haven't tested the durability of my S8+ to shocks (inadvertently or otherwise). However, I did once take my phone out of its case for an entire evening while at home, and somehow I managed to get a small, barely perceptible hairline scratch on the back. More than anything, scratches are what worry me about the body of this phone. I realize it's just cosmetic damage that doesn't affect functionality, but this is an $850 piece of hardware we're talking about.
    07-20-2017 06:30 PM
    Not sure on durability -- It is glass :P. That said I put a case on all my phones (usually just a Spigen Neo Hybrid or something) and call it a day.
    07-20-2017 06:45 PM
    I have a friend who has an armor-like case of some type and he delight in dropping his Samsung phone on cement floors and watching it bounce about with no apparent injury
    07-20-2017 08:11 PM
    Haven't tested the durability of my S8+ to shocks (inadvertently or otherwise). However, I did once take my phone out of its case for an entire evening while at home, and somehow I managed to get a small, barely perceptible hairline scratch on the back. More than anything, scratches are what worry me about the body of this phone. I realize it's just cosmetic damage that doesn't affect functionality, but this is an $850 piece of hardware we're talking about.
    Wow if you're worried about a tiny scratch on an 850 dollar device, I'd hate to see what peril you'd be in when it happens to a 35 thousand dollar car.
    07-20-2017 09:10 PM
    My fried gave me a short usb a to usb c cable. I used it last night for a data transfer. It was more difficult than most to plug in and pulling the connector out was also difficult. Had to employ the wiggle method. Sure hope the charge port isn't so easily damaged.
    07-21-2017 02:41 AM
    I just got an 8+ and love it. It died seem rather fragile though. I have a plastic case with a kickstand built in. Biting robust. Anyone else have a similar it lower protection level that can attest to the 8+ durability?
    I have a Spigen thin fit on my S8+. I mostly have it so the rear glass doesn't get scratched when I set my phone down.

I usually have good luck with my phones and I'm pretty careful with them. That said it's a glass phone. It's probably not that durable.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    07-21-2017 03:28 AM
    I already took the plastic snap on case off. Can prying it off damage the frame of the phone or the glass
    07-21-2017 06:39 AM
    I have a UAG case on my regular s8, it's not bulky like a defender but not paper thin either. I imagine if i dropped it just right it may crack the phone, it's something i have to live with because i cant stand bulky cases
    07-21-2017 07:10 AM
    Wow if you're worried about a tiny scratch on an 850 dollar device, I'd hate to see what peril you'd be in when it happens to a 35 thousand dollar car.
    Well to be fair, there IS a subculture of people who are like this with their cars.
    07-21-2017 09:36 AM
    Thinking the pressure put on the phone by pulling the case off shouldn't be enough to damage. Otherwise that would be a ridiculously bad build quality
    07-21-2017 10:08 AM
    Yeah, same here dropped mine twice now (no case) onto a hard surface, no damage whatsoever!! I have however bought a case now for when I'm out and about and take it off when I'm in the house as judging by some posts I have seen on a few forums, it seems I have been very lucky indeed. That said I do think the phone is not as fragile as some would have you believe.
    07-22-2017 03:10 PM
    Had the s8+ on my dresser and without thinking pressed the virtual home button. I assume it's built to be pressed like that while laying down
    07-23-2017 02:07 PM
    Remember: The Infinity Screen is a killer. Horrible way to design a phone re durability. But I'm addicted to it anyway.
    07-23-2017 10:09 PM
    I dropped my phone a lot of times already. Thanks for the UAG plasma still had no crack or scratch.
    doohsun likes this.
    07-23-2017 10:23 PM
    Otterbox Defender Screenless with a H9 Tempered Glass Protector
    07-24-2017 03:30 AM
    Had the s8+ on my dresser and without thinking pressed the virtual home button. I assume it's built to be pressed like that while laying down
    Assuming I'm correct here
    07-24-2017 05:04 AM
    i'm with you i also have the UAG i love the way it looks and it's not as bulky as others and still provide premium protection.
    07-24-2017 11:05 AM
33 12