07-27-2017 12:11 AM
122 12345
tools
    I'm a camera, built in storage and S-Pen guy. So provided none of those disappoint, I'm in. The cost isn't a factor for me as when I decide on a new device, I start budgeting for it.

The S8 is a terrific phone. The Note 8 IS my phone. The only other contender is the next Pixel.
    07-21-2017 01:27 PM
    The Note 8 should have fps on the back like the S8. All leeks are pointing to that direction. I'd be shocked if that wasn't the case.
    That's good news to me.
    Diehlirious and gregg6942 like this.
    07-21-2017 01:36 PM
    The Galaxy Note was the phone that made me switch from iOS to Android. I have had 4 Note phones 3,4,5,7. They have been the perfect phone in my opinion. Not having one after turning my Note 7 was brutal. However, I have gotten use to not having the sPen and have been able to try four different Android phones over the past year. The Galaxy S8 + is awesome and I'm actually surprised that I am not excited for the Note this year. Normally I would be watching YouTube leak videos and anticipating it. However, not this time knowing that for $1000 I won't be getting much more than what I have in the S8+. The dual camera could be a few things, wide angle, zoom, or monochrome lens. I have a great dual camera on my Mate 9 and a great camera in my S8+. That leaves the sPEN. It would completely have to do more than what it has been doing to get me to spend another $1k. It's not out of the realm of possibility that I would get one, but maybe after a few months and not at launch.
    07-21-2017 02:40 PM
    Love my Note 4 - use S Pen feature frequently. But screen has a weak area where the magnet from phone cas was located. So I would love to have the Note 8 (and get a non-magnetic clasp phone case). BUT no $$$.

Naturally my Note 4 is finally paid off (30 months!) so of course, the battery is failing and I'm walking around with electric plug charger, making sure to sit near power outlets.

A new battery is a necessity. Does anyone have good experience with non-OEM replacement battery available on Amazon?
    07-21-2017 02:58 PM
    I'm fine with my S8+. I still have an old Note 5 that works completely well for anything I would use a Note for.

The S8 is the phone I plan to use for the next year. I went overboard buying multiple phones over the past few years. Time to settle down and buy one every year.
    Same here. I got the s8 Plus so I'm in no hurry to order the Note 8. If there is a sale on the Note 8 in a few months then I might by one. If it's the tmobile or unlocked version I might break and buy it. Otherwise I might get the Tabs3 when it goes on sale again just to get an spen.
    07-21-2017 03:03 PM
    Usually in the past, the Note series have the same processor but 1GB more RAM. There won't be curves like the S7 Edge or S8 because it would affect the usage of the iconic S Pen. Expect the curves to be less pronounced.

BTW rumor has it, the phone will cost $1000. I wouldn't be surprised as the S8+ was already $850 plus tax equals $930.
    Note 7 had the same curve as the S8 and S8 plus. I hated the curve on the s7 edge. It was just way too much. It looked good but interference with typing sucks.s8 is perfect curve
    07-21-2017 03:50 PM
    Same here. I got the s8 Plus so I'm in no hurry to order the Note 8. If there is a sale on the Note 8 in a few months then I might by one. If it's the tmobile or unlocked version I might break and buy it. Otherwise I might get the Tabs3 when it goes on sale again just to get an spen.
    That Tab 3 looks amazing. I wish I could buying one.
    07-21-2017 03:52 PM
    Around Xmas and Thanksgiving time there are always amazing sales in the notes. I'll wait for one of those if I get one. Not going to spend full retail on one.
    jjinal likes this.
    07-21-2017 04:31 PM
    To the OPs question everyone once it's released
    gregg6942 likes this.
    07-21-2017 05:27 PM
    To the OPs question everyone once it's released
    Not me. I have the S8+ and I'll get the Note 8. Zero regret.
    gregg6942 likes this.
    07-21-2017 06:06 PM
    I don't like the S8. I miss the S Pen of my Note 4. There's nowhere to store the S Pen/stylus for the S8 - I've already lost one, trying to clip it onto the phone cover. Wish I'd waited for the next Note, but the phone was overheating and lagging. Now I've taken out the SIM card and SD card from the Note 4 it does everything else perfectly ... except make phone calls. So I'm carrying two phones.
    07-21-2017 06:17 PM
    Love my Note 4 - use S Pen feature frequently. But screen has a weak area where the magnet from phone cas was located. So I would love to have the Note 8 (and get a non-magnetic clasp phone case). BUT no $$$.

Naturally my Note 4 is finally paid off (30 months!) so of course, the battery is failing and I'm walking around with electric plug charger, making sure to sit near power outlets.

A new battery is a necessity. Does anyone have good experience with non-OEM replacement battery available on Amazon?
    Dude the OEM ones are cheap. Either OEM or zero lemon if they make one.
    07-21-2017 06:43 PM
    The Note 8 shouldn't even exist - its no longer the "powerhouse" we don't need 3 models - should have done the S8 and S8 Pro(+) - no need for the Note line anymore - same SOC same etc. lower battery bigger screen HIGHER price more RAM dual camera - not worth it - make battery large - no more camera humps
    Exactly. Add S pen capability and terminate Note line. Note has been slowly falling behind beginning with the 5.
    07-21-2017 06:44 PM
    The Note 8 is already out
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=MK6WeubZ

jk this is a poorly named tablet
    07-21-2017 06:48 PM
    I think the Note 8 will be a relative sales disappointment, but won't stop Samsung touting sell in volume to retailers, rather than sell through to consumers. Like they did when the Note 5 sold less then steller- hence the return of the micro sd slot.

Besides the curved corners and sides, the 8+ rocks, so see no reason to jump. After two Note 7's and my Note 4 before and afterwards, will be skipping this one. Now, if has 128gb storage and stereo speakers, I might change my mind....
    07-21-2017 08:04 PM
    Can't happen with a sealed battery. You will have to let it go within 2 years of moderate to heavy usage. However, the hardware should be good enough to last for many years.
    Not true. Batteries have improved as well. At least, this year they have.
    07-21-2017 08:15 PM
    Having owned 3 of the last 4 Note models, I was not happy about jumping to an S8 after having issues with replacements under warranty for Note 5 through my carrier. I miss my S Pen amd related features daily. That so, the rumored price tag has me going back to my old ways, doubtful I will get a Note 8 before the 9 or possibly the 10 drops and those sweet discounts hit. I will ride out my S8 for the foreseeable future, not a bad device at all, but not a Note.
    07-22-2017 06:57 AM
    My Note obsession is so strong that I cannot deny the fact that I have a problem....lol... I plan to pre-order just to get my foot in the door because I have a feeling this phone will blow up Samsung's sales and will go on back order but that way it also gives me time to do my research and make a final assessment. I did that with the S8+..... I preordered, changed my mind and cancelled and then decided to go ahead and order it anyway, that was a mistake, I didn't get it on launch day but I have it now!! I'm going to jump but I will use my 7 Edge and not the S8+
    07-22-2017 10:59 AM

Samsung no longer sells them?
    07-22-2017 11:36 AM
    My sentiments exactly
    07-22-2017 04:28 PM
    Samsung no longer sells them?
    Of course they do. Bought one last week for old Note 4.
    07-22-2017 05:57 PM
    I'm hoping after a couple months the Note 8 drops in price and they have sales on it just like they're right now on the S8. Either on the unlocked version or carrier one.

Do you think the Note 8 will go on sale after a couple months just like the s8? I got the s8 plus so I'm in no rush to want to order the note 8. Reason why I did with the S8 plus because I was tired of the s7 edge.
    07-22-2017 10:05 PM
    I'm a hugh Note fan. Owned them excepting the 1st iteration. Addicted to the S pen.

But I don't think the masses appreciate the quantum leap which is the S8+.

Samsung has really screwed this up. Am I to be forced to pay a premium plus price for a little more unnecessary memory, a smaller battery, a marginally better camera so that I can have my beloved S pen? All because they left this one feature out of the S8 so they could sell another phone line. I'm pissed!
    DamianP likes this.
    07-22-2017 10:44 PM
    I'm hoping after a couple months the Note 8 drops in price and they have sales on it just like they're right now on the S8. Either on the unlocked version or carrier one.

Do you think the Note 8 will go on sale after a couple months just like the s8? I got the s8 plus so I'm in no rush to want to order the note 8. Reason why I did with the S8 plus because I was tired of the s7 edge.
    They absolutley will go on sale. Just sit tight and save your money if you don't need it I'm launch day.
    07-22-2017 11:29 PM
    Of course they do. Bought one last week for old Note 4.
    If they are on Amazon or eBay, they may not be OEM even if it says they are. Have to be careful buying stuff like OEM batteries or SD cards thru Amazon or eBay, lots of fakes.
    justin1578 likes this.
    07-22-2017 11:32 PM
122 12345