07-27-2017 12:11 AM
122 ... 2345
tools
    Not true. Batteries have improved as well. At least, this year they have.
    And you can send your phone in for a new battery to be put in. IPhones get sent in all the time for batteries, usually less then $100.
    07-22-2017 11:34 PM
    Exactly. Add S pen capability and terminate Note line. Note has been slowly falling behind beginning with the 5.
    I agree with you. Unless Samsung has done big secret feature on the note 8,it's not a big step up from the S8 plus. Basically you can almost say Samsung is charging $100+ for a S pen, doesn't Apple charge around the same for something called a pencil, apples name for stylus. We all laughed at that cost.
    07-22-2017 11:38 PM
    I agree with you. Unless Samsung has done big secret feature on the note 8,it's not a big step up from the S8 plus. Basically you can almost say Samsung is charging $100+ for a S pen, doesn't Apple charge around the same for something called a pencil, apples name for stylus. We all laughed at that cost.
    So you think that if the S8+ incorporated an S-Pen, more memory and duel cameras it wouldn't have hit the 1,000 mark? lol
    07-22-2017 11:54 PM
    If they are on Amazon or eBay, they may not be OEM even if it says they are. Have to be careful buying stuff like OEM batteries or SD cards thru Amazon or eBay, lots of fakes.
    Can only opine that the seller identified itself as Samsung. Don't know what else I can do.
    07-23-2017 12:00 AM
    So you think that if the S8+ incorporated an S-Pen, more memory and duel cameras it wouldn't have hit the 1,000 mark? lol
    I didn't say anything about price, you did here. But since you brought it up, with those features, yes probably. So with that said, I want to see the note stick around so the S8 plus doesn't get stupid with pricing. With external SD cards, 128 gig memory isn't really needed, already said I don't need the S pen, and don't need dual camera. If I want to take special pictures I won't rely on my cell phone.
    07-23-2017 12:00 AM
    Can only opine that the seller identified itself as Samsung. Don't know what else I can do.
    Read the reviews, that's about all you can do. If you start seeing a lot of quality issues, it's not OEM reviews, then I shy away and don't buy it. It's tough to identify. I don't buy SD cards they Amazon or eBay, best buy runs enough specials I don't need to, and best buy matches Amazon prices if it's sold and ships from Amazon. Hope that helps
    07-23-2017 12:04 AM
    Because I can't resist buying phones frequently, and because I've always loved the SPen features, I'll definitely get the Note 8 to replace my S8. It won't be much of an upgrade compared to earlier years, but it'll still be the best on the market at that point.
    07-23-2017 12:38 AM
    If it's some crazy price of at least a grand I might just go ahead and buy the Tab s3 when there is another sale on it because I won't pay $600 for a tablet.

Even if the Note went on sale for $900, that's at least $960 with tax and then a few cases which could be another 75-150 bucks. Still too high. If it went on sale for like $850 then maybe. I'd sell my s8 Plus or s7 edge though though. Maybe trade it in at Best buy towards the unlocked model since I got tmobile or sell it. No way in hell I would trade it in at samsung.com. They'd say it has wear and tear or some BS and give me $30 for it.
    07-23-2017 01:30 AM
    I didn't say anything about price, you did here. But since you brought it up, with those features, yes probably. So with that said, I want to see the note stick around so the S8 plus doesn't get stupid with pricing. With external SD cards, 128 gig memory isn't really needed, already said I don't need the S pen, and don't need dual camera. If I want to take special pictures I won't rely on my cell phone.
    Yeah, that's the thing. Everyone is looking for something different. As much as I love my S8, the duel camera and S-Pen alone have me ready to send it back to T-Mobile.
    07-23-2017 01:48 AM
    Will be getting the note 8 two new shiny iPhones possibly the new pixel etc
    07-23-2017 11:25 AM
    Unless Note 8 has dual cameras that break records, I am happy with S8. It's a great size and fits my hands perfectly. Moreover I don't have use for the SPen.
    I agree with db, nothing interests me.
    blaine07 likes this.
    07-23-2017 12:54 PM
    The more I obsess over the Note line the angrier I get at Samsung. Starting with MHL, the sealed battery, the IF blaster, the wholly inadequate stylus, the lack of progress in the S pen software, etc.

They turned a Workhorse into a broken down plug. Would have gladly paid +$100 for an S pen on the S8. You can have your beta iris scanner, Bixby and thin profile. I'm after productivity not an Apple-style clone.

Rant off.
    07-23-2017 10:17 PM
    If have many new changes,I think I will have a change.
    07-24-2017 03:33 AM
    The more I obsess over the Note line the angrier I get at Samsung. Starting with MHL, the sealed battery, the IF blaster, the wholly inadequate stylus, the lack of progress in the S pen software, etc.

They turned a Workhorse into a broken down plug. Would have gladly paid +$100 for an S pen on the S8. You can have your beta iris scanner, Bixby and thin profile. I'm after productivity not an Apple-style clone.

Rant off.
    True, but Samsung has chosen to compete with Apple and here we are. I agree with Bixby, so far it seems useless. I used Google assistant to make phone calls while driving and to listen to text messages and give a quick reply if needed. With Bixby it would be safer to just grab the phone and do it manually. Bixby to turn the flashlight on. What good is that, if I needed flashlight the phone is in my hand anyway. So far I'm sticking with Google assistant. I turn Bixby on after updates to see if the texting and calling is fixed, just did this weekend, Bixby is off again. LOL

And with Bixby, it's trying to force us to use the stock messaging, forget that, until Bixby supports third party texting apps and does it like GA, Bixby is dead to me.
    07-24-2017 08:25 AM
    I'm gettin me an iTurd 8
    07-24-2017 08:28 AM
    I regretted getting the S8+ a week after purchasing it on lease. I thought the S8+ was a replacement for the Note and had no clued until a week after purchase that a Note 8 will be released. So mad at myself for being too excited to purchase a new phone that I never researched what was coming out.

Don't get me wrong, I love the phone despite not all functions working properly and the horrible customer support Samsung has. I have always wanted a Note since they first got released.
    07-24-2017 10:01 AM
    I'm gettin me an iTurd 8
    Yeah same here. Gonna pass on Note 8. I will get next iPhone when it's available IN STORE in color and size options I desire. Not talking for pre order crap again. May look heavily at S9 when time comes... I don't have a use for Spen and I feel that's biggest thing about Note series.
    07-24-2017 11:19 AM
    I won't regret it. The S8 is the perfect size for me. I had the S8+ and got rid of it because it was too big, so the Note 8 is out of the question. Plus, I never used the SPen anyway.
    07-24-2017 11:22 AM
    I am a Note fan and really miss the S Pen, I will probably upgrade my wife's phone to the Note 8 and swap it with my S8 plus.
    07-24-2017 11:41 AM
    Yes, I would have been upset if I just got the S8 or S8+. Dual cameras and S Pen? Heck yeah.

Well, how many of us are going to wish we waited for the Note 8-note-8-spigen-leak-1.jpg
    Well, how many of us are going to wish we waited for the Note 8-note-8-spigen-leak-2.jpg
    07-24-2017 11:56 AM
    Yes, I would have been upset if I just got the S8 or S8+. Dual cameras and S Pen? Heck yeah.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	note-8-spigen-leak-1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	264440
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	note-8-spigen-leak-2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	264441
    That dual camera with everything else there makes it look ugly IMO.
    07-24-2017 12:55 PM
    If it does indeed ship with a 3,300mAh battery I won't care that I got the S8+, I value battery life.
    07-24-2017 12:58 PM
    I haven't bought an S8 and undecided what to get, still on a Note 4 (with a new Anker battery, would recommend one if people are needing to replace their battery) that's a bit iffy with phone reception. If the rumours about the Note 8 are correct I'm not sure it's worth waiting for the Note 8 as I'm not that fussed about the stylus (particularly if it means losing battery capacity) nor the dual cameras.

I would have been more interested in the Note if it used a similar design to older Notes and had a flat screen but it seems over the last few iterations there's not been much to split the S series and the Notes.
    07-24-2017 02:52 PM
    I just don't see the point of the note anymore. Put the S pen on the S series plus model, heck put the dual camera on the plus model too. There ya go. Regular size S for S users, s plus for the Note people. The only purpose the Note serves anymore is to devalue their own flagship that they release not even 6 months prior. It's actually kind of dumb if you ask me but who am I...
    07-24-2017 10:49 PM
    I just don't see the point of the note anymore. Put the S pen on the S series plus model, heck put the dual camera on the plus model too. There ya go. Regular size S for S users, s plus for the Note people. The only purpose the Note serves anymore is to devalue their own flagship that they release not even 6 months prior. It's actually kind of dumb if you ask me but who am I...
    It gives them 2 releases a year to drown out competition and to compete with Apple. The note appeals to a different group than daily users. One that would sway to the apple side in alot of ways.
    07-24-2017 11:05 PM
122 ... 2345