Well, how many of us are going to wish we waited for the Note 8

OverIt22

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
Re: Well, how many of us are going to wish we waited

I don't like the S8. I miss the S Pen of my Note 4. There's nowhere to store the S Pen/stylus for the S8 - I've already lost one, trying to clip it onto the phone cover. Wish I'd waited for the next Note, but the phone was overheating and lagging. Now I've taken out the SIM card and SD card from the Note 4 it does everything else perfectly ... except make phone calls. So I'm carrying two phones. :(

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Love my Note 4 - use S Pen feature frequently. But screen has a weak area where the magnet from phone cas was located. So I would love :-* to have the Note 8 (and get a non-magnetic clasp phone case). BUT no $$$.

Naturally my Note 4 is finally paid off (30 months!) so of course, the battery is failing and I'm walking around with electric plug charger, making sure to sit near power outlets. :(

A new battery is a necessity. Does anyone have good experience with non-OEM replacement battery available on Amazon?

Dude the OEM ones are cheap. Either OEM or zero lemon if they make one.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site

The Note 8 shouldn't even exist - its no longer the "powerhouse" we don't need 3 models - should have done the S8 and S8 Pro(+) - no need for the Note line anymore - same SOC same etc. lower battery bigger screen HIGHER price more RAM dual camera - not worth it - make battery large - no more camera humps

Exactly. Add S pen capability and terminate Note line. Note has been slowly falling behind beginning with the 5.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think the Note 8 will be a relative sales disappointment, but won't stop Samsung touting sell in volume to retailers, rather than sell through to consumers. Like they did when the Note 5 sold less then steller- hence the return of the micro sd slot.

Besides the curved corners and sides, the 8+ rocks, so see no reason to jump. After two Note 7's and my Note 4 before and afterwards, will be skipping this one. Now, if has 128gb storage and stereo speakers, I might change my mind.... ;)

Last edited:

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Can't happen with a sealed battery. You will have to let it go within 2 years of moderate to heavy usage. However, the hardware should be good enough to last for many years.
Not true. Batteries have improved as well. At least, this year they have.

BrockS.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Having owned 3 of the last 4 Note models, I was not happy about jumping to an S8 after having issues with replacements under warranty for Note 5 through my carrier. I miss my S Pen amd related features daily. That so, the rumored price tag has me going back to my old ways, doubtful I will get a Note 8 before the 9 or possibly the 10 drops and those sweet discounts hit. I will ride out my S8 for the foreseeable future, not a bad device at all, but not a Note.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

My Note obsession is so strong that I cannot deny the fact that I have a problem....lol... I plan to pre-order just to get my foot in the door because I have a feeling this phone will blow up Samsung's sales and will go on back order but that way it also gives me time to do my research and make a final assessment. I did that with the S8+..... I preordered, changed my mind and cancelled and then decided to go ahead and order it anyway, that was a mistake, I didn't get it on launch day but I have it now!! I'm going to jump but I will use my 7 Edge and not the S8+

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Love my Note 4 - use S Pen feature frequently. But screen has a weak area where the magnet from phone cas was located. So I would love :-* to have the Note 8 (and get a non-magnetic clasp phone case). BUT no $$$.

Naturally my Note 4 is finally paid off (30 months!) so of course, the battery is failing and I'm walking around with electric plug charger, making sure to sit near power outlets. :(

A new battery is a necessity. Does anyone have good experience with non-OEM replacement battery available on Amazon?

Samsung no longer sells them?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm hoping after a couple months the Note 8 drops in price and they have sales on it just like they're right now on the S8. Either on the unlocked version or carrier one.

Do you think the Note 8 will go on sale after a couple months just like the s8? I got the s8 plus so I'm in no rush to want to order the note 8. Reason why I did with the S8 plus because I was tired of the s7 edge.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm a hugh Note fan. Owned them excepting the 1st iteration. Addicted to the S pen.

But I don't think the masses appreciate the quantum leap which is the S8+.

Samsung has really screwed this up. Am I to be forced to pay a premium plus price for a little more unnecessary memory, a smaller battery, a marginally better camera so that I can have my beloved S pen? All because they left this one feature out of the S8 so they could sell another phone line. I'm pissed!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping after a couple months the Note 8 drops in price and they have sales on it just like they're right now on the S8. Either on the unlocked version or carrier one.

Do you think the Note 8 will go on sale after a couple months just like the s8? I got the s8 plus so I'm in no rush to want to order the note 8. Reason why I did with the S8 plus because I was tired of the s7 edge.
They absolutley will go on sale. Just sit tight and save your money if you don't need it I'm launch day.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Exactly. Add S pen capability and terminate Note line. Note has been slowly falling behind beginning with the 5.
I agree with you. Unless Samsung has done big secret feature on the note 8,it's not a big step up from the S8 plus. Basically you can almost say Samsung is charging $100+ for a S pen, doesn't Apple charge around the same for something called a pencil, apples name for stylus. We all laughed at that cost.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I agree with you. Unless Samsung has done big secret feature on the note 8,it's not a big step up from the S8 plus. Basically you can almost say Samsung is charging $100+ for a S pen, doesn't Apple charge around the same for something called a pencil, apples name for stylus. We all laughed at that cost.

So you think that if the S8+ incorporated an S-Pen, more memory and duel cameras it wouldn't have hit the 1,000 mark? lol

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So you think that if the S8+ incorporated an S-Pen, more memory and duel cameras it wouldn't have hit the 1,000 mark? lol
I didn't say anything about price, you did here. But since you brought it up, with those features, yes probably. So with that said, I want to see the note stick around so the S8 plus doesn't get stupid with pricing. With external SD cards, 128 gig memory isn't really needed, already said I don't need the S pen, and don't need dual camera. If I want to take special pictures I won't rely on my cell phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12