Well, how many of us are going to wish we waited for the Note 8

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just don't see the point of the note anymore. Put the S pen on the S series plus model, heck put the dual camera on the plus model too. There ya go. Regular size S for S users, s plus for the Note people. The only purpose the Note serves anymore is to devalue their own flagship that they release not even 6 months prior. It's actually kind of dumb if you ask me but who am I...

The Note series usually offered more RAM, at least 1GB more. The Note 3 & 4 had 3GB of RAM, which is still impressive, while the S4 & S5 only had 2. The Note usually has a bigger screen as well, and the S Pen is useful for some, but not everyone. Everyone who loved their Note 3 & 4 is patiently waiting on the next iteration.

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
I just don't see the point of the note anymore. Put the S pen on the S series plus model, heck put the dual camera on the plus model too. There ya go. Regular size S for S users, s plus for the Note people. The only purpose the Note serves anymore is to devalue their own flagship that they release not even 6 months prior. It's actually kind of dumb if you ask me but who am I...

The point of the Note is the same as it's always been. Better specs and the S-pen.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I would love to get it eventually if they have good sales on it like they do right now on the unlocked model or tmobile version from samsung.com

However, the possible price tag of at least a grand and it's no go for me. I'll get the Spen via tab s3 and wait for S9 Plus then. I spend too much on tech stuff and have to draw the line somewhere. Maybe in Dec if the price drops to $850 I'll bite and trade in the S7 Edge and Tab s2 I got towards it then at Best buy for the unlocked one.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The point of the Note is the same as it's always been. Better specs and the S-pen.
Yes, but the better specs rumored for the note 8 isn't ground breaking. Dual camera most don't need but since iPhone does it, now others have to have it. I don't think 2 GB of RAM is going to be a game changer. And more memory, 64 GB is good for majority people, hell 32 is good enough for most thanks to external memory. The S pen is basically the main purpose of the note 8. I agree with you, previous notes was better specs, not as much with the note 8 with the rumored leaks.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I love my 8+ but man i wish they implemented the duo camera that's the only thing i regret getting the S8+. I can handle the no fps in the front but if they can manage to pull a good duo camera with portrait mode i'll be upset lol.

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Yes, but the better specs rumored for the note 8 isn't ground breaking. Dual camera most don't need but since iPhone does it, now others have to have it. I don't think 2 GB of RAM is going to be a game changer. And more memory, 64 GB is good for majority people, hell 32 is good enough for most thanks to external memory. The S pen is basically the main purpose of the note 8. I agree with you, previous notes was better specs, not as much with the note 8 with the rumored leaks.

Yeah, unfortunately we've reached a point where phones just aren't groundbreaking anymore, and that would include the Note.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
The Note series usually offered more RAM, at least 1GB more. The Note 3 & 4 had 3GB of RAM, which is still impressive, while the S4 & S5 only had 2. The Note usually has a bigger screen as well, and the S Pen is useful for some, but not everyone. Everyone who loved their Note 3 & 4 is patiently waiting on the next iteration.

Except it looks like the Note 8 will probably be the S8+ w/a stylus and fancier camera. Hardly a deal breaker. I personally don't need extra ram and, anyway, Apple has proven its less the ram than integrated OS and software.

Would gladly have paid $150 for the S pen on the S8.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I will look into getting the Note 8 only because I love technology. Though I really do love my S8+.
It will be hard for me not to get one if its better then the leaked rumors, but I'm definately not getting one on launch. If I break down and get one it will be during an awesome Xmas sale or something. I'm going to try and change my way of getting phones, instead of launch, wait a couple months if that for great sales. I'll miss the excitement of new release, but pocketbook won't hurt as bad, and with the savings I could probably buy both S and note versions for the pricing of one on launch day.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I've spent over $2,500 on tech in the last 30 days. I guess I could put my wife on rations but short of that I can't justify moving "up" from the S8+ to the Note 8.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Im feeling this. I don't even want to talk about how much I've spent. Or how mad my wife is lol
Same BUT I have a get out of jail free card....we have 5 month old twins and our deal is if she does not gripe about my tech purchases then I won't gripe about how much "Kickee" stuff she buys! Hahahahaha

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
I would think that Samsung knows that most people with an S8+ won't be interested in the Note 8. So why not design the phone in a similar fashion and add the S-Pen? Only phone jumpers would know the difference.

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
im just gonna pay off half of my s8 plus with verizon and upgrade. but then again maybe not i will probably do that for the lgv30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze