Well, how many of us are going to wish we waited for the Note 8

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Are we going to wish we waited for the note 8?. I'm thinking I won't regret getting the S8 plus, I don't think the note 8 will be that huge of an upgrade. I think Samsung overdid themselves on the S8 plus.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Well, how many of us are going to wish we waited

It won't be that big of an upgrade but I'm getting it just because my phone addiction is too strong to resist

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Never got a Note. Next year Galaxy S9+ is my way to go, until then I'm enjoying my S8+.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm not interested in it. Essentially an S8 plus with a smaller battery and an Spen. I didn't use the Spen that much to make it worth losing any battery life at all. I'm sure it'll be a great device, but I just feel like the S8 plus will meet my needs better. Now that S9.....

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

it's called T-Mobile Jump. I'm using it once more before cancelling it, and it will be for the Note!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I'm guilty of upgrading to the notes also, I am hoping I can resist the urge. The 8 plus is a nice phone. If I do get one, it won't be a Pre-order deal, I'm content enough with the 8 plus I'll wait for a Sam's club Thanksgiving special or some good promo. The S8 series has already has good promos.

If the note 8 has the front embedded FPS, I will probably pass for sure, I'm one that likes the FPS location on the 8 plus.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Unless Note 8 has dual cameras that break records, I am happy with S8. It's a great size and fits my hands perfectly. Moreover I don't have use for the SPen.

Whiskey619

May 14, 2017
Visit site

unless I crack this one, I'm going to hold out for the note 9. Will I want the note 8? absolutely! I used to have the note and loved it, only switched to the s series because it was the best when I broke my note edge and upgraded. I'm much happier with this phone than I was with the s7 though.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

I think before the craziness of last year the S series was always behind the Note. This year and going forward I'm nor sure if that's going to remain true.

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

The Note 8 shouldn't even exist - its no longer the "powerhouse" we don't need 3 models - should have done the S8 and S8 Pro(+) - no need for the Note line anymore - same SOC same etc. lower battery bigger screen HIGHER price more RAM dual camera - not worth it - make battery large - no more camera humps

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The Note 8 shouldn't even exist - its no longer the "powerhouse" we don't need 3 models - should have done the S8 and S8 Pro(+) - no need for the Note line anymore - same SOC same etc. lower battery bigger screen HIGHER price more RAM dual camera - not worth it - make battery large - no more camera humps

Samsung needs a high end fall flagship to compete with the iPhone/V30/Pixel 2.

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm not interested in it. Essentially an S8 plus with a smaller battery and an Spen. I didn't use the Spen that much to make it worth losing any battery life at all. I'm sure it'll be a great device, but I just feel like the S8 plus will meet my needs better. Now that S9.....
Exactly Never used Spen before so couldn't care less about it

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

If I can't use it with one hand, I'm not interested. Had the Note 2 back in the day, and it's not for me.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

After buying Note 8, you will wish you waited for S9, and then Note 9... Endless wait

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm fine with my S8+. I still have an old Note 5 that works completely well for anything I would use a Note for.

The S8 is the phone I plan to use for the next year. I went overboard buying multiple phones over the past few years. Time to settle down and buy one every year.

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Perfectly happy with my S8+. Going to be used for at least 2 years before I change to something else. I'm not the type to always chase the "latest and greatest" of things. That's an endless circle of chasing your tail to say.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs