I wanted to wait until the aftermath to post but I thought this might be helpful to others as I didn't see much posted about this.

I ordered two S8 +'s and waited a couple of weeks to open the second one and when I did, it was DOA. It wouldn't do anything. I'm not going to go into the details of what I did to troubleshoot it, just trust me that it was DOA.

Long story short, it was a faulty battery from the factory. My reason for posting this is to give approximate repair times and turnaround of how long you may be without your device. I called on 7/12 and will have it back on 7/24. I mailed it right out the next morning of 7/13. So I would anticipate unless you live in Plano, TX, you will probably have similar best case scenario repair times.

Hope this helps. Ready to put this beast through it's paces. Cheers.
    07-21-2017 10:34 AM
    Yep -- these things can happen. Hell they can be fine leaving Samsung but damaged in shipping. As long as companies take care of you that is what matters .

My first S8+ had dead pixels right in the middle of the screen. I took it back to BB and they exchanged it without question. I have been rocking this S8+ since that day.
    keyzlife likes this.
    07-21-2017 10:45 AM
    Learned a lesson, don't leave a brand new phone in the box. Open that bad boy the day it gets there!
    Almeuit likes this.
    07-21-2017 10:49 AM
    Learned a lesson, don't leave a brand new phone in the box. Open that bad boy the day it gets there!
    I don't know how you could even leave it .. The inner nerd in me would never let a brand new shiny toy sit there.

My self control is bad . lol.
    Jona005 likes this.
    07-21-2017 10:49 AM
    I don't know how you could even leave it .. The inner nerd in me would never let a brand new shiny toy sit there.

My self control is bad . lol.
    Yeah mine is too. I was out of town though.
    07-21-2017 09:16 PM