Someone said the Galaxy devices are like iPhones where they have a lot of LTE bands on them and they should work to some extent on every carrier's network Regardless if it's CDMA or GSM. Is this true? Would an AT&T S8 work on Sprint's network?
    07-21-2017 03:22 PM
    Someone said the Galaxy devices are like iPhones where they have a lot of LTE bands on them and they should work to some extent on every carrier's network Regardless if it's CDMA or GSM. Is this true? Would an AT&T S8 work on Sprint's network?
    If truly unlocked IEMI it in theory should work. Mine is about to be unlocked but it'll be only GSM bc I'm in battle with Sprint over a bill so I'm sure they will lock me off from CDMA or just their Network. Not sure if it would impact Verizon for me but when I sell my S8 once it's unlocked tonight I'll sell it as GSM only. So yes an unlocked S8 should work both GSM and CDMA.
    07-21-2017 03:27 PM
    If truly unlocked IEMI it in theory should work. Mine is about to be unlocked but it'll be only GSM bc I'm in battle with Sprint over a bill so I'm sure they will lock me off from CDMA or just their Network. Not sure if it would impact Verizon for me but when I sell my S8 once it's unlocked tonight I'll sell it as GSM only. So yes an unlocked S8 should work both GSM and CDMA.
    AT&T sent me the unlock code for it so it should be fully unlocked.
    07-21-2017 03:30 PM
    How do you get an unlock code? Just call and request it?
    07-21-2017 03:42 PM
    I had Sprint for years finally got away from the big brand name carriers, now I'm with Cricket better phone service at a cheaper price Cricket is a GSM network
    07-21-2017 05:29 PM
    No it will not. Sprint still uses CDMA for voice as far as I'm aware, and the AT&T version has those bands disabled. Even if they were enabled your phone doesn't have the software to allow it to access Sprint's network and it would take some serious hacking to add it.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    07-22-2017 11:08 PM
    It won't. Sprint won't let it work. They're the most strict when it comes to phones.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    07-22-2017 11:31 PM