I must say the Galaxy has many features and a lot more flexibility than the iphone but in my opinion many are not practical and useful for everyday uses. It's like wow that's cool you can do that ....but I'll never really do or need that. Just my 2 cents.
    07-22-2017 10:37 AM
    Like what features?
    07-22-2017 10:56 AM
    Examples? Or are you trolling?
    07-22-2017 10:57 AM
    I have both iPhone and my s8 plus I think my galaxies are ahead of iPhone in many ways the iPhone I like when jailbroken and I can make it more my own kinda like an android. They both have pros and cons but lately I favor my galaxy
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    07-22-2017 10:58 AM
    IPhone: Smoother, better apps, superior security... and so very boring.
    07-22-2017 11:32 AM
    +1 on the boring part.
    07-22-2017 01:38 PM
    IPhone: Smoother, better apps, superior security... and so very boring.

And talking specifically about S8, S8+ and iPhone 7+, better camera on the iPhone.

After a zillion years on Andriod (Samsung S4,S5,S6,S7E,S8,LG G3, G6, Huawei P9, Mate 9, Zperia XZ, several Motorola phones), flip phones, a Motorola 3watt bag phone, a couple of Blackberry phones and a Windows (1020) phone, just (a couple or weeks ago), went to the dark side and got a iPhone 7+. This is the first iPhone for me. I can say this, it is simply the best phone and camera that I've ever had. Super, warm butter smooth, great build quality, everything just works. Immediate updates. Apps often seem more mature. Battery is super, easily lasting me all day. The camera, for me and my uses, is the best that I've ever used on any phone.
    I still have my Mate 9, I always keep an extra phone around, just in case. I've fired it up a couple of times in the last few weeks and, now, Android feels all pieced together to me.
    My gf has been a Samsung girl for what seems like forever, having had the S4 through S8 and a couple of Blackberries. She wanted to give the iPhone a try after seeing my. I bought her a 7+ a few days ago and she's saying the same thing as I've said.
    Some say boring. Boring, smoring. Mine is a matte black, a totally black, phone, front and rear. Don't want to walk around with something flashing multicolored lights and blaring a siren. :-p. I photograph a lot and I don't need people bothering me asking what that is. ;-p. So maybe boring to some, however very consistent across everything , which for me, is perfect.
    Also such a massive collection of apps.
    07-22-2017 06:38 PM
    And talking specifically about S8, S8+ and iPhone 7+, better camera on the iPhone.

After a zillion years on Andriod (Samsung S4,S5,S6,S7E,S8,LG G3, G6, Huawei P9, Mate 9, Zperia XZ, several Motorola phones), flip phones, a Motorola 3watt bag phone, a couple of Blackberry phones and a Windows (1020) phone, just (a couple or weeks ago), went to the dark side and got a iPhone 7+. This is the first iPhone for me. I can say this, it is simply the best phone and camera that I've ever had. Super, warm butter smooth, great build quality, everything just works. Immediate updates. Apps often seem more mature. Battery is super, easily lasting me all day. The camera, for me and my uses, is the best that I've ever used on any phone.
    I still have my Mate 9, I always keep an extra phone around, just in case. I've fired it up a couple of times in the last few weeks and, now, Android feels all pieced together to me.
    My gf has been a Samsung girl for what seems like forever, having had the S4 through S8 and a couple of Blackberries. She wanted to give the iPhone a try after seeing my. I bought her a 7+ a few days ago and she's saying the same thing as I've said.
    Some say boring. Boring, smoring. Mine is a matte black, a totally black, phone, front and rear. Don't want to walk around with something flashing multicolored lights and blaring a siren. :-p. I photograph a lot and I don't need people bothering me asking what that is. ;-p. So maybe boring to some, however very consistent across everything , which for me, is perfect.
    I have no substantive criticisms of the IPhone. I simply prefer the quirks, variety and versatility of Android.
    EMGSM likes this.
    07-22-2017 10:21 PM

Apple is the best at optimization of software with their hardware. No one denies that. Fact of the matter is though, unless you jailbreak, you do not get the versatility that Android offers. I got am able to use different launchers, icon packs, etc. to get my phone EXACTLY how I want it. I could never do that with an iPhone. I do agree though, Apple is consistent year in and year out and for most consumers, that is what appeals. Plus the boring simplicity makes it even better for most.
    07-22-2017 10:32 PM
    I have no substantive criticisms of the IPhone. I simply prefer the quirks, variety and versatility of Android.
    I don't want quirks, I want Google Assistant to unlock the screen without having to use my hands.

I have plenty of hate for the iPhone. But the interesting part is I hate it just like I hate Google.
    I think the iPhone is a superb device, but I hate iOS. I love Android, hate Google.

You will want to take a Molotov cocktail to Apple store it's you ever want to listen to your drm purchases on a non apple or a different account. Wait, I just spent $20 on an audio book and I cannot download it and listen to it on a memory stick or put it on my PC? Oh, I have to spend more money to buy a program that strips the drm. FU. There is a lot more but whatever.

On the other hand, Google has got to be lacing their water with lsd with the awful cf of apps they do. I would go into detail but I would need a real keyboard.
    07-22-2017 10:35 PM
    I have a love hate relationship with android and iOS Apple is boring. Apple tells users like robots what they do and don't want to do. android is for the adventurer they have androids for every walk of life.. Apple on the the other hand not so much. I like iOS... but I also like android. I wish they could merge and make the super phone... a girl can dream
    07-26-2017 05:37 PM

When people say iPhone is boring they don't mean the look of the phone. I've had every iPhone since the iPhone 3G and they are boring. To repeat the cliché - they just work. Apps and features are all optimised brilliantly but after a few weeks and the novelty had worn off they're just a bit meh. Many on here don't rate the camera but many of my best pics have been on the 7 Plus. There's just not a lot to keep me interested in the phone long and as a bit of a self confessed gadget geek, I like to mess around with the features on the phone and mix things up every now and then with my themes or launcher etc but other than change the wallpaper, ringtones and keyboard there's not a lot else you can do with an iPhone. I'll never use half the features on my s8 but I like to try most of them just to see what's there if I ever do need it.

P.s I'll definitely be getting the iPhone 8 even if I do only use it for 2 or 3 months :-)
    07-26-2017 05:54 PM
    I went to the iPhone 7 plus from my note 5 because I couldn't get the note 7, it wasn't a bad phone but it had no personality I had too but cases to make me feel different. I love my s8 for the reason it's my phone with my personality and customized too my liking
    07-26-2017 08:01 PM
    I must say the Galaxy has many features and a lot more flexibility than the iphone but in my opinion many are not practical and useful for everyday uses. It's like wow that's cool you can do that ....but I'll never really do or need that. Just my 2 cents.
    How is it not practical? Doesn't make sense for if you don't want the extra stuff then dont use it. Then in that case go back to flip phones.

I got an idea if you stick with the S8 create a folder called "Not Practical" and still all that stuff in there.
    07-28-2017 11:35 AM
    idk. I have an iPhone 7+ and a S8+. both are great for different reasons. neither are perfect either.

use what you like. I do.
    07-31-2017 01:39 AM