Android auto

mstrlucky74

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Please tell me this isn't true. I plug my phone in and utilize android auto. My phone screen is basically locked and I can't acess my home screen etc. While the app is running. There is a little left arrow and square on the bottom of my android auto screen on the phone but it does nothing. Redic.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
That's kind of the point. Use the car interface as intended for android AUTO. Or don't plug it in, use your phone while driving, and die in a firey wreck. Your call.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Lol most of the time u can just touch the multi task button and it'll allow u to leave out of aa while keeping it attached to the car

But Johnny is right, the point of hooking it up to your car is so you won't be looking/interacting with your phone

mstrlucky74

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
With all due respect. That's DUMB!!!
Steve, which button is the multitask? Like I said there is only a left arrow and square at the bottom od the AA phone screen and as far as I can tell they do nothing. IDK.

Thanks

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
With all due respect. That's DUMB!!!
Steve, which button is the multitask? Like I said there is only a left arrow and square at the bottom od the AA phone screen and as far as I can tell they do nothing. IDK.

Thanks
The square button... It doesn't work for all phones but a lot of Android phones let u hit the button and switch tasks while aa is running

mstrlucky74

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
So when in AA and in the music portion I press the Google music drop down and there is no selection to choose artist, song or album. Only playlist, radio, recent activity etc.

Am I missing something? Thanks

mstrlucky74

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
So when in AA and in the music portion I press the Google music drop down and there is no selection to choose artist, song or album. Only playlist, radio, recent activity etc.

Guess it's true...no way to select artists, song or album!!??? I love it.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Not everything is going to work as you think it should. Maybe start using this forum as a way to get help (which we have provided) and not a sounding board for all the things that displease you. Or...go back to iPhone.

mstrlucky74

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Not everything is going to work as you think it should. Maybe start using this forum as a way to get help (which we have provided) and not a sounding board for all the things that displease you. Or...go back to iPhone.

Listen I'm not at the compaining type, I call it like I see it 100%. I think the S8 is a beautiful phone and has some nice features but there are some things that are almost unacceptable. Are you confirming that there is no way to choose song, artist or album from the drop down? If that's true that is the most absurd thing I've seen. I would think 99% of people would agree. How do you choose a different song? Seriously this can't be the way it operates.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Listen I'm not at the compaining type, I call it like I see it 100%. I think the S8 is a beautiful phone and has some nice features but there are some things that are almost unacceptable. Are you confirming that there is no way to choose song, artist or album from the drop down? If that's true that is the most absurd thing I've seen. I would think 99% of people would agree. How do you choose a different song? Seriously this can't be the way it operates.
I'd have to test AA again. I don't use it much since I just have my Bluetooth go to my truck and use that.

Last time I tested AA I tested Car Play on a buddies iPhone. To be honest.. at least in my opinion.. both were way below my expectations.

mstrlucky74

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
None that I'm aware of again the point is for you to keep your eyes on the road. Not search for Celine Dion

Listen I'm not trying to be combative at all but you made the comment so I'll respond. Your saying you shouldn't be able to select and artist or song while driving or that the intent. If that's what your implying its laughable. You can really believe that makes sense. Nothing but love my brother..lol

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

It's all controlled by voice. The idea of Android Auto is to be voice controlled with as little screen interaction as possible.

mstrlucky74

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
It's all controlled by voice. The idea of Android Auto is to be voice controlled with as little screen interaction as possible.

Ok that makes sense is is very very cool. I guess it a an " ok Google prompt?

Edit: opened AA on my phone and tried the voice prompt to select a song and it worked. Love it. Hopefully that mic/voice prompt is available when it's hooked up to my car.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Ok that makes sense is is very very cool. I guess it a an " ok Google prompt!?
Yeah you say "ok Google play artist xxx". Or "ok Google play track xxx".

I will admit, I don't like that as it doesn't always get the song I want right. I would prefer the ability to manually choose a song. I use a usb drive in another port loaded with all my music and play songs through there but keep AA open in the forefront.

Most of the time I use I heart radio in AA though so it's never really bothered me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs