11-11-2017 11:31 AM
32 12
tools
    Please tell me this isn't true. I plug my phone in and utilize android auto. My phone screen is basically locked and I can't acess my home screen etc. While the app is running. There is a little left arrow and square on the bottom of my android auto screen on the phone but it does nothing. Redic.
    07-22-2017 10:55 AM
    That's kind of the point. Use the car interface as intended for android AUTO. Or don't plug it in, use your phone while driving, and die in a firey wreck. Your call.
    keyzlife and Stevenmc8602 like this.
    07-22-2017 10:59 AM
    I vote lol
    sinfoman and johnnyshinta like this.
    07-22-2017 11:53 AM
    Lol most of the time u can just touch the multi task button and it'll allow u to leave out of aa while keeping it attached to the car

But Johnny is right, the point of hooking it up to your car is so you won't be looking/interacting with your phone
    07-22-2017 12:01 PM
    With all due respect. That's DUMB!!!
    Steve, which button is the multitask? Like I said there is only a left arrow and square at the bottom od the AA phone screen and as far as I can tell they do nothing. IDK.

Thanks
    07-22-2017 12:07 PM
    The whole point is to minimize distractions and give you minimal options.
    07-22-2017 12:11 PM
    With all due respect. That's DUMB!!!
    Steve, which button is the multitask? Like I said there is only a left arrow and square at the bottom od the AA phone screen and as far as I can tell they do nothing. IDK.

Thanks
    The square button... It doesn't work for all phones but a lot of Android phones let u hit the button and switch tasks while aa is running
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    07-22-2017 01:02 PM
    So when in AA and in the music portion I press the Google music drop down and there is no selection to choose artist, song or album. Only playlist, radio, recent activity etc.

Am I missing something? Thanks
    07-22-2017 02:02 PM
    The whole point is to minimize distractions and give you minimal options.
    Really...lol
    07-22-2017 05:35 PM
    The square button... It doesn't work for all phones but a lot of Android phones let u hit the button and switch tasks while aa is running
    Doesn't work for all phones....nice!!
    07-22-2017 05:35 PM
    So when in AA and in the music portion I press the Google music drop down and there is no selection to choose artist, song or album. Only playlist, radio, recent activity etc.

Guess it's true...no way to select artists, song or album!!??? I love it.
    07-22-2017 05:36 PM
    Not everything is going to work as you think it should. Maybe start using this forum as a way to get help (which we have provided) and not a sounding board for all the things that displease you. Or...go back to iPhone.
    Gus_Gutz, gregg6942 and esbuzz like this.
    07-22-2017 05:42 PM
    Really...lol
    Yes.. really. ^_^
    07-22-2017 05:57 PM
    Not everything is going to work as you think it should. Maybe start using this forum as a way to get help (which we have provided) and not a sounding board for all the things that displease you. Or...go back to iPhone.
    Listen I'm not at the compaining type, I call it like I see it 100%. I think the S8 is a beautiful phone and has some nice features but there are some things that are almost unacceptable. Are you confirming that there is no way to choose song, artist or album from the drop down? If that's true that is the most absurd thing I've seen. I would think 99% of people would agree. How do you choose a different song? Seriously this can't be the way it operates.
    07-22-2017 07:03 PM
    Listen I'm not at the compaining type, I call it like I see it 100%. I think the S8 is a beautiful phone and has some nice features but there are some things that are almost unacceptable. Are you confirming that there is no way to choose song, artist or album from the drop down? If that's true that is the most absurd thing I've seen. I would think 99% of people would agree. How do you choose a different song? Seriously this can't be the way it operates.
    I'd have to test AA again. I don't use it much since I just have my Bluetooth go to my truck and use that.

Last time I tested AA I tested Car Play on a buddies iPhone. To be honest.. at least in my opinion.. both were way below my expectations.
    07-22-2017 07:09 PM
    None that I'm aware of again the point is for you to keep your eyes on the road. Not search for Celine Dion
    07-22-2017 07:29 PM
    None that I'm aware of again the point is for you to keep your eyes on the road. Not search for Celine Dion
    Listen I'm not trying to be combative at all but you made the comment so I'll respond. Your saying you shouldn't be able to select and artist or song while driving or that the intent. If that's what your implying its laughable. You can really believe that makes sense. Nothing but love my brother..lol
    07-22-2017 08:54 PM

It's all controlled by voice. The idea of Android Auto is to be voice controlled with as little screen interaction as possible.
    07-22-2017 09:13 PM
    It's all controlled by voice. The idea of Android Auto is to be voice controlled with as little screen interaction as possible.
    Ok that makes sense is is very very cool. I guess it a an " ok Google prompt?

Edit: opened AA on my phone and tried the voice prompt to select a song and it worked. Love it. Hopefully that mic/voice prompt is available when it's hooked up to my car.
    07-22-2017 09:36 PM
    Ok that makes sense is is very very cool. I guess it a an " ok Google prompt!?
    Yeah you say "ok Google play artist xxx". Or "ok Google play track xxx".

I will admit, I don't like that as it doesn't always get the song I want right. I would prefer the ability to manually choose a song. I use a usb drive in another port loaded with all my music and play songs through there but keep AA open in the forefront.

Most of the time I use I heart radio in AA though so it's never really bothered me.
    07-22-2017 09:41 PM
    The reason for my tone is no one in this forum told you to get the s8 or android. So when you don't get the answer you're looking for it's really frustrating for you to reply that it's stupid, laughable, unacceptable, or iPhone does it better. Not "oh that sucks thanks anyway". Yes I'm being confrontational but you are not a ray of sunshine. Most people are appreciative for the assistance not whining about how the device they chose to get doesn't work like one from a completely different ecosystem.
    gregg6942 likes this.
    07-22-2017 09:49 PM
    I believe you can use the OK Google assistant to select a specific artist/song. "OK Google, play Justin Beiber."
    07-24-2017 09:09 AM
    Please tell me this isn't true. I plug my phone in and utilize android auto. My phone screen is basically locked and I can't acess my home screen etc. While the app is running. There is a little left arrow and square on the bottom of my android auto screen on the phone but it does nothing. Redic.
    Try this: hit the button for "Radio". That should take you to the radio screen. Then hit the home symbol on the screen. This should take you to the home screen. Android will continue to give you voice directions in the background. To get back to the navigation screen, just tap Android Auto on the screen.
    07-27-2017 06:30 PM
    Maybe try Samsung Auto to see if it works more to your liking?
    TylerLV76 likes this.
    07-27-2017 10:41 PM
    Maybe try Samsung Auto to see if it works more to your liking?
    Lol
    07-28-2017 02:53 AM
32 12