So as far as I can tell in the preview settings with the pop up display on it's either:

preview off: it will show new message but with no content and no name.

I there a setting to display who the message is from but without the content? Thanks
    07-22-2017 04:53 PM
    Followinf
    07-22-2017 05:01 PM
    3rd party apps such as textra can did this but the stock app cannot
    07-22-2017 06:07 PM
    3rd party apps such as textra can did this but the stock app cannot
    Just curious but don't your think that's a no brainer option they should've implemented?
    07-22-2017 06:17 PM
    No, no I don't. I think the beauty of android lies in the power to choose. So either choose to download a 3rd party app or deal. I appreciate that you're new to the ecosystem but every question seems to just be a complaint with a ? at the end
    07-22-2017 06:46 PM
    No, no I don't. I think the beauty of android lies in the power to choose. So either choose to download a 3rd party app or deal. I appreciate that you're new to the ecosystem but every question seems to just be a complaint with a ? at the end
    I'm trying to like android and I believe I might but I believe the complaints are not a stretch. Im not complaining just to complain ...thats not how I operate. I think the complaints are legit.
    07-22-2017 06:51 PM
    I'm trying to like android and I believe I might but I believe the complaints are not a stretch. Im not complaining just to complain ...thats not how I operate. I think the complaints are legit.
    They are legit but just keep in mind you're using an entire different OS. Some things it'll do better.. some things it will do worse.

Some functions that I like are from good 3rd party apps in the Play Store. Take a look around.. one may solve the issue you're having .

To me that's the joy of Android.. usually a 3rd party app will help do what I want whereas on iPhone if it doesn't do it there is nothing that I can do but wait.
    badcat likes this.
    07-22-2017 07:29 PM
    I will say as a long time Android user Textra is such an amazing app. It is well worth the small price for all the features you get. It's been rock solid for me. Pair that with mighty text desktop app and life is good for texting.
    07-22-2017 09:28 PM