01-05-2018 06:04 PM
37 12
tools
    I want an S3 as well but the face is too big for my 7" wrist. Hopefully the s4 will be a bit smaller. 44mm will be perfect.
    08-01-2017 12:53 AM
    I want an S3 as well but the face is too big for my 7" wrist. Hopefully the s4 will be a bit smaller. 44mm will be perfect.
    I have fairly small wrist and love the S3 now I find my dress watch to small, it does impare blood pressure readings I half to push the watch back to my forearm a bit
    08-01-2017 08:18 AM
    I got a Gear S3 Frontier over a month ago and was happy with until I saw the Verizon bill. They charged $20 as a device charge per month for the watch. I was pretty sure that it was supposed to be $5 since that was the charge for my previous Gear S watch. I talked to billing and they said that the watch is a LTE device with features such as nationwide email so they are charging $20 per month for it. The reps in the Verizon Wireless store did not warn me about this. So now I'm stuck with a 24 month contract paying $15 more a month than I want to. So be aware of this if you want the S3 frontier.
    Strange that i tried to post on the Verizon Wireless site but they reviewed the post and said it did not meet their guidelines and refused to post it....
    08-06-2017 07:45 PM
    I got a Gear S3 Frontier over a month ago and was happy with until I saw the Verizon bill. They charged $20 as a device charge per month for the watch. I was pretty sure that it was supposed to be $5 since that was the charge for my previous Gear S watch. I talked to billing and they said that the watch is a LTE device with features such as nationwide email so they are charging $20 per month for it. The reps in the Verizon Wireless store did not warn me about this. So now I'm stuck with a 24 month contract paying $15 more a month than I want to. So be aware of this if you want the S3 frontier.
    Strange that i tried to post on the Verizon Wireless site but they reviewed the post and said it did not meet their guidelines and refused to post it....
    I understand your frustration. But, respectfilly, this is not a $120 watch.
    08-06-2017 08:37 PM
    So I figured out what was causing the 6 hours of usage only. I had LTE turned to on always and GPS always on. When I turned off the GPS and set LTE to auto I received 2 days 13 hours of battery life!
    09-18-2017 01:57 PM
    The Tizen 3 update really messed up my battery life now. Now I'm back to a little over a day if that. The LTE and GPS are still disabled too! Samsung Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier-screenshot_20171231-014730.jpg
    12-31-2017 01:51 AM
    The Tizen 3 update really messed up my battery life now. Now I'm back to a little over a day if that. The LTE and GPS are still disabled too! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20171231-014730.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	276736
    Can't you go into the watch and turn on Gps?
    12-31-2017 06:31 AM
    After one of the recent updates I now only get a few hours battery life. So much that I can't make it through a 10h shift without it dying where as I used to come home over 50%. I did a factory reset on the watch and used one of the boring stock faces even letting the screen turn off in ambient mode and it's still the same. I've given up on the watch. Haven't worn it in weeks and had to go back to my Moto 360. It's a real shame because I love the watch. This seems to be a common issue these days with so far no fix from what I've read. VERY frustrating. It's not even like they are Apple and can push me into upgrading to something new as there is nothing new.
    01-01-2018 12:08 AM
    I need to follow up on this. I do know that Verizon reps are often LIARS. I preferring Best Buy for my dealings with Verizon devices.
    01-03-2018 09:13 AM
    You can find some good deals online for them - Swappa is a good place to try.
    01-05-2018 04:02 AM
    I need to follow up on this. I do know that Verizon reps are often LIARS. I preferring Best Buy for my dealings with Verizon devices.
    It kind of sounds like they signed that person up for a separate account rather than sharing the data on his/her primary account. I don't see the justification of charging more, because the watch isn't data intensive in consumption by itself. As far as functionality, there isn't much difference between the S3 and the S2 (3G version).

I am also curious what this person paid out of pocket up get the device, because $400 and $20/month for 2 years is a rip off. I got my Gear S2 for $1 at Best Buy with activation of 2-year plan at $5/month. I'd love to have the S3, but mainly just because of how it looks. I wouldn't gain much in regards to new function.
    01-05-2018 06:36 AM
    I have fairly small wrist and love the S3 now I find my dress watch to small, it does impare blood pressure readings I half to push the watch back to my forearm a bit
    Small wrist here too, sort of.
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier-9172.jpg  
    01-05-2018 06:04 PM
37 12