Within the last couple of days, I've noticed that the fingerprint scanner for some reason on my phone for unlocking and notification swyping mysteriously stops working. The only thing that fixes it is a reboot. I'm not sure why. Has anyone else has this happen to their phones? Thank you.
    07-22-2017 09:47 PM
    Yes, mine is a bit slower and less reliable now. I ended up teaching it another fingerprint which seems to work ok for now...
    07-22-2017 09:51 PM
    Exactly same thing happened to me. I also added an additional fingerprint.
    07-22-2017 09:53 PM
    Exactly same thing happened to me. I also added an additional fingerprint.
    Yes, mine is a bit slower and less reliable now. I ended up teaching it another fingerprint which seems to work ok for now...
    I might just have to redo mine as well then I suppose.
    07-22-2017 09:54 PM
    Within the last couple of days, I've noticed that the fingerprint scanner for some reason on my phone for unlocking and notification swyping mysteriously stops working. The only thing that fixes it is a reboot. I'm not sure why. Has anyone else has this happen to their phones? Thank you.
    Same exact thing seems to be happening to me. I deleted prints and added them back. Seems to have addressed it. FPS in 2017 should not be this slow and unreliable on a flagship, especially from Samsung.
    07-22-2017 10:10 PM
    Same exact thing seems to be happening to me. I deleted prints and added them back. Seems to have addressed it. FPS in 2017 should not be this slow and unreliable on a flagship, especially from Samsung.
    Samsung is getting bad at releasing half baked software. I assume it's software issue since a reboot fixes it.
    07-22-2017 11:40 PM
    Samsung is getting bad at releasing half baked software. I assume it's software issue since a reboot fixes it.
    Not sure if it's Half Baked software just seems like a bug within the OS. Now, could a maintenance patch fixed things? Probably. I've tried to call Samsung technical service twice regarding the issue, but we all know what happens with that... I mean honestly technically speaking, from my S8 I haven't had any OS glitches other than the fingerprint gesture so I can't complain all that much about the phone's performance overall.
    It is something with the software. Now is it a big deal? Not necessarily it's just a little Annoying that frustrating. I say that, because I went into the settings menu then fingerprint gesture then toggled it off then on again and it fixed the issue. I thought the issue was fixed when I had to hard wipe my phone a month ago but it didn't fix it. It's not too big of a deal thankfully and it's pretty easy to fix so I'm not going to complain to too much about it.
    07-22-2017 11:45 PM
    Post deleted
    07-23-2017 03:00 AM