I got the Bixby Voice release last week and was not in the beta group.

Like several online have complained, Bixby Voice would kill my "OK Google" voice prompt for Google Assistant.

Temporary fixes included restarting phone and toggling either Bixby or Google Settings, clearing caches and uninstalling/reinstalling Google services.
    These would reset the voice prompts for both assistants, however upon using Bixby ONCE, Google voice commands would be terminated.

The final fix that has worked the past 12 hours is to Factory Data Reset the phone.

It makes sense because we all recently have received a couple software over air updates in the last couple months, so a Factory Reset was imminent in either case. (Make sure you backup phone and all individual apps you care about especially your SECURE FOLDER which is deleted with Factory Reset).

Both Bixby Voice and OK Google/Assistant are working in harmony now.

Thanks.
    badcat likes this.
    07-24-2017 02:06 AM
    I'm not exactly thrilled to have to factory reset my phone. I think I'll pass on that. I really don't find Bixby all that useful anyway. It takes so long to execute commands. OK Google is faster and it does everything I need it to do.
    07-24-2017 07:32 AM
    I really enjoy using Bixby and it does kill the ok google command but I am ok with holding the home button or tapping the google search bar. Factory resetting can be a lot of work. Thanks for the info. There are a lot of ppl wondering how to fix that.
    07-24-2017 08:51 AM
    For doing any phone related activities: The more and more I use Bixby I am liking it and I think right now I will gladly switch to using Bixby than Google Assistant.

For internet or exploring nearby or even my travel updates: That I need Google Assistant.

OK Google seems to be randomly working sometimes and not. I am not going to do a factory reset though.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    07-24-2017 08:59 AM
    Bixby initially killed Ok Google command. I went into ok Google settings and toggled it on and off and now both are working.

Bixby is good for Samsung commands and Google assistant for everything outside of it.

With the view user base that the s8 twins have, I think Bixby will improve fast
    burrzoo and Cobravision like this.
    07-24-2017 09:07 AM
    Bixby initially killed Ok Google command. I went into ok Google settings and toggled it on and off and now both are working.
    I was all excited until I realized that it's a temporary fix. As soon as I use Bixby, it breaks OK Google again.

My biggest beef with Bixby is the lack of compatibility with most 3rd party apps. I use Textra for texts, and whenever I try to send a text, it's opens the Samsung Messaging app which then nags me to make it the default app before I can do anything.

What I like is the walkie talkie style button and the reward points. But Google Assistant has keyboard input, which I need when I'm out in public. I'm not big into voice assist anyway, so I'm not invested enough in Assistant to mind playing around with Bixby for rewards.
    07-24-2017 02:52 PM
    I was all excited until I realized that it's a temporary fix. As soon as I use Bixby, it breaks OK Google again.

My biggest beef with Bixby is the lack of compatibility with most 3rd party apps. I use Textra for texts, and whenever I try to send a text, it's opens the Samsung Messaging app which then nags me to make it the default app before I can do anything.

What I like is the walkie talkie style button and the reward points. But Google Assistant has keyboard input, which I need when I'm out in public. I'm not big into voice assist anyway, so I'm not invested enough in Assistant to mind playing around with Bixby for rewards.
    Well, not sure about Textra app but I like Samsung Messages a lot and Bixby does have good support for 3rd party apps and this is a good start for Bixby. How many apps do you think Siri and Google Now had when they launched?

07-24-2017 03:32 PM
    In my case both holding the Bixby Button while giving voice command and the Hi Bixby voice prompt would disable Ok Google voice prompts. Glad to say I still have both features working together, however I had a quick scare when BOTH stopped working for a minute. Turning the screen off and turning the background noise of my TV down seemed to fix it and now it's back in sync.
    07-24-2017 09:35 PM
    Interesting. Both are working for me. At least, when the screen in on and unlocked.
    07-26-2017 09:22 AM
    Ugh, now the new Volt update is out LOL! damnit...
    08-16-2017 06:35 AM
    When using Waze certain street names usually Clark st activates bixby. LOL. When I Say hi bixy or ok google i usually don't get a response.
    08-16-2017 11:11 AM