07-29-2017 12:52 PM
87 1234
tools
    it was a joke...

adguard is not preventing your creation of a folder and if it is, its a glitch.

working fine here.
    I used the VPN version if that makes a difference
    07-26-2017 04:55 PM
    I used the VPN version if that makes a difference

ya likewise.

reboot your phone or something, perhaps delete some cache and it should go away.

VPNs don't prevent folder creations.
    07-26-2017 05:05 PM
    ya likewise.

reboot your phone or something, perhaps delete some cache and it should go away.

Reinstalled and restarted. Works now. Continuing trial.

Troneas likes this.
    07-26-2017 05:27 PM
    ya likewise.

Agreed. The only way a VPN would do that is if Google saw you on a VPN and purposely messed with the function.. but I really don't ever see them doing that.
    07-26-2017 06:43 PM
    Adhell or adguard? I tried both and they both seem to perform equally as well. Which one is safer to use?
    07-26-2017 10:50 PM
    Adhell or adguard? I tried both and they both seem to perform equally as well. Which one is safer to use?
    Adhell is free and doesn't use VPN. Adguard is paid and uses VPN. Maybe that can help you decide.

BTW, adhell have package disabler too. If you haven't bought package disabler pro or bk Disabler yet.
    07-26-2017 11:15 PM
    Thank You so much! One of the best $10 I've spent and worth every penny. Went to the website, had Bixby scan the QR code and installed it on my phone just about an hour ago.
    I've only been to a couple websites using Chrome and I can tell a big difference. Everything is loading faster than the Flash. I'm a big baseball fan, and I often visit MLB to watch video clips and it got rid of all the ads, including those annoying 15sec. ads before each clips. Adguard makes this phone as smooth as an iPhone 7!-screenshot_20170727-013849.jpg
    burrzoo likes this.
    07-27-2017 12:48 AM
    Enjoy your phones ad free, whatever app you chose to do the job. It's a great thing to be able to block those ads.
    07-27-2017 01:00 AM
    I do agree that many of these apps request access to things that the app should never have access too. I've actually stopped the install of some apps when they requested access to my camera, pictures, mic, contacts and other things when it was something as simple as a weather app or something similar. There was no way these apps needed that access and I will never risk my privacy just to be able to use a free app.

As for Adguard, it will only ask your permission to start a VPN which is required to be able to block the ads in apps. They also have a support forum on their website. I've posted on their forums before when ads weren't being block in some apps. Within an hour, they had a filter update that made sure the ads were blocked in those apps. This is why I will always support them. Great support.
    Hi,

Thank you for taking time out to reply to me, appreciated.

Yeah, I'm extremely paranoid when it comes to downloading anything, which I don't think is a bad thing, but it can put me on edge as my fellow community member Troneas possibly detected hehe I have to say Troneas showed great patience with me.

Well I have decided to come over to the darkside, took the plunge and downloaded the app directly from their website, I have a free trial at the moment and .......... start the drum roll..............IM IMPRESSED!

I like visiting websites to check out the news and they tend to have tons of ads.... adguard has had no problems blocking them ,which makes browsing these sites a much more pleasant experience. So will continue the trial and gladly support them if the app continues to work as it has so far.

That annoying ad I kept getting " You have been selected to win a I-phone" .... well I haven't seen that since .....and tbh it wasn't the ad that was the problem.... it was the sheer horror that I could end up in possession of an I - phone....... I mean life's hard enough without going through that ordeal 🤣 (jk apple fans, no malice)

I had a wee look at the forums and seems like a helpful bunch....so all good there too.

Once again Thank you and to Troneas for helping out a fellow community member, was very good of you. I'm a newbie to Android central and very impressed with the community.

Well thanks again, take care and happy ad free browsing ☺
    I
    Troneas and NexusGirlX like this.
    07-27-2017 01:40 AM
    As an alternative to the ones mentioned, Im using Blokada and it works excellent. It was built by some folks from XDA and uses vpn the same as Adguard. You can allow notifications to know when an ad was blocked or you can turn them off. You can also choose to run on start up or not.

The best thing is it has a toggle for the notification bar to quickly turn it on or off. That way if you only need it for a specific app you can toggle it on real quick then off when you're done.

Its free so thats a bonus.
    07-27-2017 08:10 AM
    So I've been a user of PIA (Private Internet Access) for a couple of years. I just purchased two Galaxy S8's two days ago. An S8+ for me and an S8 for my wife. I was using both chrome and android internet and stumbled upon this thread about VPN's. I decided to download the mobile app. What does this all do besides hide your internet identity? Does a VPN do a good job at blocking ads? When I go to slick deals or a website forum I still get those little ads in the middle of the page sometimes where it is showing a sponsored product or a sponsored ad. Shouldn't these be blocked if I'm running a VPN?

Also, if running a dedicated VPN app, is there any issue by downloading and installing ad blocker extensions in the Android Internet app? Will this just help the cause of blocking ads or does this screw thing up because it's combating one another with the ad block extensions and the dedicated VPN app?

Thanks in advance!
    07-27-2017 08:17 AM
    So I've been a user of PIA (Private Internet Access) for a couple of years. I just purchased two Galaxy S8's two days ago. An S8+ for me and an S8 for my wife. I was using both chrome and android internet and stumbled upon this thread about VPN's. I decided to download the mobile app. What does this all do besides hide your internet identity? Does a VPN do a good job at blocking ads? When I go to slick deals or a website forum I still get those little ads in the middle of the page sometimes where it is showing a sponsored product or a sponsored ad. Shouldn't these be blocked if I'm running a VPN?

Also, if running a dedicated VPN app, is there any issue by downloading and installing ad blocker extensions in the Android Internet app? Will this just help the cause of blocking ads or does this screw thing up because it's combating one another with the ad block extensions and the dedicated VPN app?

Thanks in advance!
    PIA uses "Mace" still right? That should be taking care of your ad blocking needs.
    07-27-2017 08:22 AM
    Mace, yes. You can enable it in the app settings. Okay so i'm covered... Does running a VPN hypothetically speed up your device or make things smoother? Any reasoning behind that?
    07-27-2017 08:34 AM
    Thus far Adguard has functioned like Google's AMP. I still get some embedded ads but no popups or other junk. Makes for very smooth reading. Couldn't be more satisfied.

By the way, I bought the Android version and not the premium package which includes your computer. I trust there is no substantive difference? If so, I'd like to know about it.
    07-27-2017 09:34 AM
    Mace, yes. You can enable it in the app settings. Okay so i'm covered... Does running a VPN hypothetically speed up your device or make things smoother? Any reasoning behind that?
    The VPN itself isnt going to make a difference but the adblocking will since its preventing ads from loading.
    07-27-2017 09:44 AM
    Thus far Adguard has functioned like Google's AMP. I still get some embedded ads but no popups or other junk. Makes for very smooth reading. Couldn't be more satisfied.

By the way, I bought the Android version and not the premium package which includes your computer. I trust there is no substantive difference? If so, I'd like to know about it.
    There is a difference between the Android and computer version. I use MacBook Pros so I have the Mac version.

With the Adguard computer version, you can actually cut out parts of websites that you just don't want to see. On AndroidCentral (sorry guys) I have the entire right hand column GONE, it doesn't exist anymore. With the right column gone along with all the ads, the forums fill my entire screen now. I've done the same thing with Facebook. The entire right column is gone, that part the contains ads and trends. I've also been able to cut out the friend suggestions block that appears between friends posts.

It's just amazing what you can do with it.
    07-27-2017 10:02 AM
    PIA uses "Mace" still right? That should be taking care of your ad blocking needs.
    Yep.
    07-27-2017 10:03 AM
    There is a difference between the Android and computer version. I use MacBook Pros so I have the Mac version.

With the Adguard computer version, you can actually cut out parts of websites that you just don't want to see. On AndroidCentral (sorry guys) I have the entire right hand column GONE, it doesn't exist anymore. With the right column gone along with all the ads, the forums fill my entire screen now. I've done the same thing with Facebook. The entire right column is gone, that part the contains ads and trends. I've also been able to cut out the friend suggestions block that appears between friends posts.

It's just amazing what you can do with it.
    Thanks very much. I can live with that because I use my phone almost exclusively to browse.

Just don't want some missing feature like the ability to use other than a stock browser.
    07-27-2017 10:11 AM
    Thanks very much. I can live with that because I use my phone almost exclusively to browse.

Just don't want some missing feature like the ability to use other than a stock browser.
    No problem. I use my computer to post on forums and other places most of the time when I'm at home so that's why I bought both.

Hop you enjoy your phone more now.
    07-27-2017 10:13 AM
    My Adguard app shows 16,000 blocked ads in less than 24 hours. That's both crazy and amazing.

Anyway the protection has actually improved over time. Invite people to go to junk sites like TMZ and experience the difference.
    07-27-2017 11:49 AM
    10 minutes into using it and I can't create a folder on Google Drive without disabling the app. So I don't think this will suit my needs. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...61cc92f588.jpg

https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?...2-9-136.23372/
    07-27-2017 12:50 PM
    After installing AdGuard this afternoon my battery life "feels" like it has tanked. Had phone fully charged and in amount of time to read and reply to a few emails and SMS battery dropped 10%. Anyone else have experience such as mine? 😢
    07-27-2017 05:33 PM
    No battery problems as yet with Adguard. I'm stoked so far.
    blaine07 likes this.
    07-27-2017 07:43 PM
    After installing AdGuard this afternoon my battery life "feels" like it has tanked. Had phone fully charged and in amount of time to read and reply to a few emails and SMS battery dropped 10%. Anyone else have experience such as mine? 😢
    I've been using Adguard for nearly two years now. It's never affected the battery life on any phone that I've used it on as much as you've mentioned here. I have noticed just a slight improvement but not by much if I kept Adguard off for a day. It never was worth shutting it off and using it only when I used certain apps.
    blaine07 likes this.
    07-28-2017 01:29 AM
    Initially I was reticent to trust them since they are from Russia, but they have a good reputation so I got it. It's a great app, on every phone I get and it does the job. I block all the bloatware and everything I don't want connecting...
    07-28-2017 03:02 AM
87 1234