09-02-2017 05:28 AM
134 1234 ...
tools
    First of all I love the phone, its exceeded my expectations and particularly the amount of SOT I'm getting ......... BUT

The phone looks super cool and is a sheer joy to hold in the hand.......unfortunately, I don't think I could use this phone without a case and keep it in a reasonable conditon without being over protective and treating it like a baby.....so I have bought the most gorgeous phone that feels great in the hand and I have it covered up most of the time ............ that does not make sense really.... so that niggles at me a bit.

I go to a few forums and many many people are discussing the best cases and screen protectors ........ it's madness really.... and I sometimes question everyone's sanity including my own.

Would I of made the same decision and bought the S8 Plus 3 months ago?

Absolutely
    Headlandscaper and blaine07 like this.
    07-24-2017 08:44 PM
    I thought the peripheral didn't matter.
    Unfortunately it does matter and from the reps on Samsung's boards, BT 5 is more finicky with older devices and it's affecting the range severely.

Put on some BT headphones and put your phone in your pocket. You won't be happy.
    johnnyshinta likes this.
    07-24-2017 08:49 PM
    I'm not sure what affect Bluetooth 5 has on my phone. Don't have any new devices to test it on except S3 and Galaxy Book 12.

Old and new devices seem to work fine although it is very much known problem.

Do know than when using hot spot for Note 4 or 5 the range is tremendous. But that probably doesn't involve Bluetooth.
    07-25-2017 12:10 AM
    Nope. Especially since the Note 8 does not appear to have enough to warrant a jump from the 8+. Did not use the pen much anyway.
    07-25-2017 07:30 AM
    I'm an admitted outlier. But why did Note take away my S Finder. On my Note 4 I could check entire phone including sms messages and hidden PDFs. There is nothing in the Playstore that replaces it. I've checked.

I know more recent phones have some monstrosity they call S Finder. But it's a sham.

There is a Samsung trend to cripple or banish perfectly good software. It's this chasing Apple thing I surmise.
    07-25-2017 10:35 AM
    Postscript: I love my S8+. Just love it. I might detest Samsung but for the time being they're calling the tune.
    07-25-2017 10:48 AM
    I think the g6 would have offered a better case and protector selection, but all doubt pretty much fades when I think about the vr gaming i have gotten out of it.
    07-25-2017 10:53 AM
    Hmm... I'm using my old Edge right now, and I noticed a few things:

1) The S8 screen is flat out better. The Edge looks drab in comparison.

2) The Edge feels slower in comparison

3) The Edge feels huge and heavy now. And having the back button to the right of the home button (which I remapped on the S8) is kludgy.
    07-25-2017 12:00 PM
    I dont regret it per se but the "wow" factor has worn off. The honeymoon phase is over. Its still a great device though.
    07-25-2017 03:43 PM
    No regrets. I got it as a placeholder for 4-5 months waiting for the Note8. Works fine. No issues. Just not ideally what I want long termination.
    amyf27 likes this.
    07-25-2017 05:47 PM
    I use to change phones 3 or 4 times a year. But the technology is so superior I've lost the lust for the newest and greatest.

What's the Note going to give me besides the stylus--which I love.

A smaller sealed battery, a better camera which I don't need, extra memory which is wasted, and the same method of casting to my TV. Extra productivity: I don't see it coming. We'll see.
    07-25-2017 10:42 PM
    Love my S8! Discovering new things all the time with it! Looking forward to the S9 now with Oreo (or whatever it will be called...)
    07-25-2017 11:20 PM
    No regrets here. Love my S8+.
    07-26-2017 12:35 AM
    S8+
    Attached Thumbnails Any regrets after purchasing the S8 or S8+?-36541.jpg  
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    07-26-2017 05:22 AM
    No regrets. I got it as a placeholder for 4-5 months waiting for the Note8. Works fine. No issues. Just not ideally what I want long termination.
    Pretty much same here .
    07-26-2017 05:42 AM
    I use to change phones 3 or 4 times a year. But the technology is so superior I've lost the lust for the newest and greatest.

What's the Note going to give me besides the stylus--which I love.

A smaller sealed battery, a better camera which I don't need, extra memory which is wasted, and the same method of casting to my TV. Extra productivity: I don't see it coming. We'll see.
    Same thing I thought. Smaller battery and more Ram you won't use. I think I will pass on the Note this time.
    blaine07 likes this.
    07-26-2017 08:36 AM
    Wondering out loud here...For all S8 and S8+ owners in the room... Do you have any regrets now - after several months in - having purchased the phone? Do you still love it, or wish you had held off for another phone (Note 8? G6?).

Sound off!!
    Absolutely no regrets. I've been an LG guy since the Optimus G, but Samsung went software nav this year so I gave it a go. The S8 is my first Samsung device and I'm loving it. And my Nova/Action Launcher rotation is fantastic. I have a Pixel/Nexus setup respectively.
    07-26-2017 11:40 AM
    None, that is until the Note 8 comes out, then I might have some regerts, uh regrets.
    07-26-2017 12:30 PM
    yep. awful device. already had to have it replaced under warranty. battery sucks and dont ask me what im doing on my phone because all i do it talk and text and twitter. it sits on my desk at work and drains. shuts off randomly
    07-26-2017 05:00 PM
    yep. awful device. already had to have it replaced under warranty. battery sucks and dont ask me what im doing on my phone because all i do it talk and text and twitter. it sits on my desk at work and drains. shuts off randomly
    How did your replacement device fare? Better I hope.
    07-26-2017 05:10 PM
    battery wise not good at all. its still the same. i even disabled all of the verizon apps and stuff i didnt use. but its weird because random apps will pop up on my device. like this verizon security protection app just popped up out of no where and cant be disabled or deleted. never had this happen on any of my verizon devices before
    07-26-2017 05:21 PM
    battery wise not good at all. its still the same. i even disabled all of the verizon apps and stuff i didnt use. but its weird because random apps will pop up on my device. like this verizon security protection app just popped up out of no where and cant be disabled or deleted. never had this happen on any of my verizon devices before
    No clue man. Especially if you've disabled bloat. How's reception where you work? The building I work in gets no reception at all and the WiFi is terrible. I just throw my phone in airplane mode and check it periodically. Also, does your battery drain away from work the same way?
    07-26-2017 06:01 PM
    No clue man. Especially if you've disabled bloat. How's reception where you work? The building I work in gets no reception at all and the WiFi is terrible. I just throw my phone in airplane mode and check it periodically. Also, does your battery drain away from work the same way?
    Definitely weird for sure. I haven't disabled anything really and have zero issues with my Verizon S8+.
    Echoes1976 and gendo667 like this.
    07-26-2017 06:03 PM
    my reception at work says 4-5 bars all the time but the data takes a while to load which i thought was weird. it loads fine at home with 4-5 bars though. wifi at work is ok not the best. but no not at all if im home its fine. like right now im at 54 percent. if i was at work i would have to charge it because it would be at less than 20 percent before i left at 7
    07-26-2017 06:33 PM
    Something is definitely off. Especially if your device says it has 4/5 bars and still struggles with data. But that's what it sounds like, your phone it's constantly struggling to pull down reception. I'm guessing it's not a rouge app, if everything was on your previous device. Damn man, I'm at a loss. Sorry about your experience.
    ZayMoney likes this.
    07-26-2017 06:39 PM
134 1234 ...