09-02-2017 05:28 AM
134 12345 ...
tools
    Something is definitely off. Especially if your device says it has 4/5 bars and still struggles with data. But that's what it sounds like, your phone it's constantly struggling to pull down reception. I'm guessing it's not a rouge app, if everything was in your previous device. Damn man, I'm at a loss. Sorry about your experience.
    Well technically signal alone doesn't guarantee good data speeds.
    07-26-2017 06:42 PM
    Well technically signal alone doesn't guarantee good data speeds.
    I thought it would with a provider with the reputation that Verizon has. I've been wrong before. But do you agree? He's battery is draining because of network issues? That's pretty much my best guess. I can't imagine he got two phones with the same issue.
    07-26-2017 06:46 PM
    I thought it would with a provider with the reputation that Verizon has. I've been wrong before. But do you agree? He's battery is draining because of network issues? That's pretty much my best guess. I can't imagine he got two phones with the same issue.
    Yeah when it comes to data speed and such there are a lot of factors. He may have a good signal to the tower but the tower can be slammed and so data won't be fast. It sounds like his phone struggles more at work to probably sync and normal stuff.

The biggest test would be keep it on LTE at home without WiFi and see if the big drain continues in a known "good" signal area that he normally doesn't have issues with.
    gendo667 and ZayMoney like this.
    07-26-2017 06:49 PM
    my reception at work says 4-5 bars all the time but the data takes a while to load which i thought was weird. it loads fine at home with 4-5 bars though. wifi at work is ok not the best. but no not at all if im home its fine. like right now im at 54 percent. if i was at work i would have to charge it because it would be at less than 20 percent before i left at 7
    Download LTE discovery from the play store and check your db rating while at work. Don't go by the bars, get the actual level.
    07-26-2017 06:52 PM
    None, that is until the Note 8 comes out, then I might have some regerts, uh regrets.
    Lol i think of that guy every time I see this post topic
    mary beth hale and badcat like this.
    07-26-2017 06:59 PM
    yep. awful device. already had to have it replaced under warranty. battery sucks and dont ask me what im doing on my phone because all i do it talk and text and twitter. it sits on my desk at work and drains. shuts off randomly
    You definitely had a bad one, sorry to hear about that. Mines not doing that, but between April 19th and today, it did randomly freeze momentarily 3 times during nothing special and restart itself.
    07-26-2017 07:01 PM
    What other providers is everyine with. I wonder if some providers have more issues than others, or perhaps same type of issues . I've got tmobile, ordered the 8+ from them. No real issues other than the three times random restart, and I do have spotty connection on my 48 mile commute
    07-26-2017 07:03 PM
    What other providers is everyine with. I wonder if some providers have more issues than others, or perhaps same type of issues . I've got tmobile, ordered the 8+ from them. No real issues other than the three times random restart, and I do have spotty connection on my 48 mile commute
    I'm on Tmo as well. I also had issues on AT&T (before I switched) in the same building I mentioned earlier.
    07-26-2017 07:06 PM
    thanks so much guys. i will try your suggestion and report back after a day or so and let you guys know if there are any changes
    gendo667 likes this.
    07-26-2017 09:16 PM
    Get Package Disabler from the Play store to disable apps you don't want. Be sure to disable DT-Ignite to prevent automatic installation of more Verizon junk.
    jordans0nly and badcat like this.
    07-26-2017 10:19 PM
    thanks so much guys. i will try your suggestion and report back after a day or so and let you guys know if there are any changes
    Hey, get one of those apps that let you see the tower you are connecting too. If you are roaming on a strong sprint tower then that could explain data issues and at the same time your phone has your antennas at full power trying to find a Verizon tower. Your battery life < the money it cost them for you to roam.
    07-26-2017 10:27 PM
    I came from the LG G5 and absolutely LOVE my GS8+. There is simply so much added value built in to this device, that I feel like I'll never uncover all its secrets.
    07-26-2017 11:29 PM
    I love my S8+ but now sad I didn't wait for the Active. I had the S5 Active before this and loved it. I feel like I have to have a bubble around this phone.
    07-27-2017 07:54 AM
    I love my S8+ but now sad I didn't wait for the Active. I had the S5 Active before this and loved it. I feel like I have to have a bubble around this phone.
    Forget about the bubble, there are so many real nice cases out there, you can practically make it look like a S8 Active.
    07-27-2017 08:04 AM
    Forget about the bubble, there are so many real nice cases out there, you can practically make it look like a S8 Active.
    Oh believe me I have it in a case that is similar but the screen protector had to go with a wet install because nothing glass wise worked with it. I just feel like it's so delicate. I guess that's the glory of insurance lol
    Norg likes this.
    07-27-2017 08:28 AM
    Oh believe me I have it in a case that is similar but the screen protector had to go with a wet install because nothing glass wise worked with it. I just feel like it's so delicate. I guess that's the glory of insurance lol
    I hear you, too bad about the wet install. I had a true glass one installed on mine by one of the reps in an AT&T corporate store location. They even went out of their way to explain that they received special training and must use a special guidance tool to install it correctly. No word of a lie mine looks as good today as when it was installed 45 days ago. Hope this inspires you to find a glass screen protector and most importantly start enjoying your S8. This is my first ever Samsung Galaxy, and to date really impressed!l
    AmyC76 and amyf27 like this.
    07-27-2017 10:09 AM
    Wondering out loud here...For all S8 and S8+ owners in the room... Do you have any regrets now - after several months in - having purchased the phone? Do you still love it, or wish you had held off for another phone (Note 8? G6?).

Sound off!!

I did regret selling my V20 immediately after buying the S8+. Had a very hard time installing a screen protector and case together. Also struggled to get used to the awkward fingerprint sensor on the back as well as the thin bezels and annoying curves. The battery charges pretty slow from 0 to full because it's still using QC 2.0. The display was way too tall so my thumb got tired trying to pull down the notification bar. It's an excellent phone with stellar battery life and a next gen camera, however I just couldn't enjoy it like I thought I would (owned Galaxy S1-5, Note 3, S6 & 7 active). Too many design flaws and annoyances, I missed the old Samsung designs. Bought a V20 again and was very glad to have it back, saved myself a headache and not paranoid about the phone breaking. Might be interested in an S8 Active, but I don't see a reason to get it.
    07-27-2017 11:47 AM
    No regrets switching. Had the Pixel XL previously. After a day of use I went back to the Pixel and the bezels were suddenly obvious and the screen so much smaller!

I love the S8+. I had the S7 Edge before the Pixel XL and I got bored very quickly. but I don't have that itch to switch yet. Unless Google does something radical later this year I'll probably wait until the S9.
    07-27-2017 02:23 PM
    No regrets switching. Had the Pixel XL previously. After a day of use I went back to the Pixel and the bezels were suddenly obvious and the screen so much smaller!
    I had a similar experience with my Honor 8. Never went back to it, but I've fired it to make some updates and reference some Play Music cashed downloads. I don't think I can go back to those bezels. Maybe with front facing speakers but otherwise a no go.
    Norg likes this.
    07-27-2017 02:38 PM
    I regret not buying the unlocked version. That's about it.
    07-27-2017 06:46 PM
    I regret not buying the unlocked version. That's about it.
    Flash the unlocked software. Afterwards you'll have the unlocked version.
    Norg likes this.
    07-27-2017 07:26 PM
    Only regret is that it never came with dual cameras and I maybe should have waited for the Note 8 for that reason alone. I must still like it though as I traded my s8 Plus for the excellent LG G6 but came back a few months later with the regular s8.
    Having tried both, what's your verdict on the difference between the regular and the plus battery in real world usage? I got the plus unlocked but thinking I should have gone regular. Is there a noticeable difference in the battery?
    07-28-2017 12:48 AM
    Having tried both, what's your verdict on the difference between the regular and the plus battery in real world usage? I got the plus unlocked but thinking I should have gone regular. Is there a noticeable difference in the battery?
    I honestly think they're very similar. On my s8 Plus I was averaging around 5hrs 15min S.O.T according to GSam and I'm averaging around 5hrs 5min on my regular s8. That may not sound like a lot but it's good for me as I'm a very heavy user and have everything turned on at all times like WiFi, LTE, bluetooth, NFC, always on display, push notifications, WQHD display, I do a lot of browsing, streaming online radio, watching YouTube so I usually go through battery pretty quick.
    07-28-2017 06:51 AM
    If you have been using Smart Switch to create backups and restores from phone to phone, there could be a rogue app or setting that keeps carrying over to each handset, and that's why you're experiencing problems even with a fresh replacement. Hate to say it, but you may need to factory wipe the phone and start totally from scratch to set the phone up, without restoring it from a Smart Switch backup
    07-28-2017 08:35 AM
    Nope love this phone
    07-29-2017 12:04 AM
134 12345 ...