Any regrets after purchasing the S8 or S8+?

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I think that desire will change once the iPhone 8 or whatever you wanna call it comes out
iPhone 8 is looking more and more like the Galaxy S8 series minus the old school headphone jack and SD card slot of course LOL Although, it once reigned Supreme as the one to beat, it's merely just a shadow of what it once was. It had a good run...just wondering who's next?

Last edited:

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 8 is looking more and more like the Galaxy S8 series minus the old school headphone jack and SD card slot of course LOL Although, it once reigned Supreme as the one to beat, it's merely just a shadow of what it once was. It had a good run...just wondering who's next?
Dude, you know sheep will flock to by that phone. Enthusiast are fine and all, but the people that just upgrade to an iPhone because they don't know anything else are gonna go nuts when it comes out.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Dude, you know sheep will flock to by that phone. Enthusiast are fine and all, but the people that just upgrade to an iPhone because they don't know anything else are gonna go nuts when it comes out.
I get it bro, I'm more curious about who the sheep will flock to next... One thing is certain about being in the number 1 slot, there's only one way to go.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

I have used both platforms for years so I know a good amount of both operating systems. I stopped using Android devices because the iPhone works best for me. Yes I will be buying the new iPhone, can call me a sheep all you want. When a company makes a product as good as the iPhone for almost a decade I think having sheep flock is a good thing.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I have used both platforms for years so I know a good amount of both operating systems. I stopped using Android devices because the iPhone works best for me. Yes I will be buying the new iPhone, can call me a sheep all you want. When a company makes a product as good as the iPhone for almost a decade I think having sheep flock is a good thing.
It's not a personal attack man. Clearly you're as much of a nerd as I am. You follow the industry. I'm talking about the people that know nothing except the iPhone. People that think Android is Samsung. People that don't try anything else except iOS.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Ah flock off why don't you (just kidding, pun intended) it's not about the OS, it's all about the WOW factor for most consumers, that's what sells man! I'm looking forward to what comes after iPhone and Android... As Palm, Nokia, Blackberry had their time, who and what's coming next??

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It's not a personal attack man. Clearly you're as much of a nerd as I am. You follow the industry. I'm talking about the people that know nothing except the iPhone. People that think Android is Samsung. People that don't try anything else except iOS.

Yeah I'm a nerd. Some people don't want to know anything else, because the iPhone suits their needs. What bothers me is when those people talk about how much better the iPhone is when they never even used an Android device. Usability on the iPhone is just so much easier than android. I got too consumed into the beauty of the devices and customizing on a daily basis that I had to go back to iOS. Now I just use my phone for what it is. I've been tempted to try the s8 but don't have enough desire to leave iMessage and FaceTime.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely getting the iPhone 8, then the Pixel XL 2. But to have lasted this long on a Samsung device is really saying something for me!
This is my first Galaxy smartphone ever, and I find myself using my S8+ more and more every day for business. This thing flies and fun to use compared to my past devices. Barely use my laptop anymore, essentially for larger emails and mechanical drawings.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm a nerd. Some people don't want to know anything else, because the iPhone suits their needs. What bothers me is when those people talk about how much better the iPhone is when they never even used an Android device. Usability on the iPhone is just so much easier than android. I got too consumed into the beauty of the devices and customizing on a daily basis that I had to go back to iOS. Now I just use my phone for what it is. I've been tempted to try the s8 but don't have enough desire to leave iMessage and FaceTime.
Beauty is always is the eye of the beholder, and I definitely respect and get it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Now I have some regret I've had four or five issues since April. Today was a new one. About an hour ago the phone decided the home button and fingerprint were simply going to be non reactive. So for 30 minutes I saw the AOD with the clock face working as usual, but couldn't unlock it and even shut it down. Finally was able to force restart it and it's OK for now. Too many quirks!

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Loved my Note 5 but found I was close to the brim re storage very quickly!

Didn't need then and don't need now the S Pen, so the Note 5 was wasted on me in that sense as would the Note 8

S8+ gives me that uber large screen I like as well as a slick build. Usually I'm a Vanilla Android handset person (Nexus 6 then 6P), but do not like the Pixel XLs build/design, so the S8+, for me, is about as good as it gets

Having been through all sorts of phones recently (first S8+, then a Note 4, then a OP3T and then onto an iPhone 7 Plus); it's lovely to be back with the S8+ and more so that I've found the iBlason Rugged case with a built in screen protector that works faultlessly and looks great to boot!

I only sold my first S8+ due to the fact that no screen protector worked with it well at all and that's something I really dislike about the Edge style screens!

Last edited:

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
First Samsung after the S2 for me. It's been a good experience so far, but I'm someone who needs to root, install custom roms and do whatever possible on a phone, and for that, a Nexus or pixel is the best option.

Have an urge to buy a Note series. So Note 8 when it releases and then after a few months, back to Pixel for me.

I'll miss Samsung Pay for sure. Nothing much else that I'll miss in a Samsung

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... I'm using my old Edge right now, and I noticed a few things:

1) The S8 screen is flat out better. The Edge looks drab in comparison.

2) The Edge feels slower in comparison

3) The Edge feels huge and heavy now. And having the back button to the right of the home button (which I remapped on the S8) is kludgy.

I think the screen looks better bc those amoleds don't age very well.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Only regret is that it never came with dual cameras and I maybe should have waited for the Note 8 for that reason alone. I must still like it though as I traded my s8 Plus for the excellent LG G6 but came back a few months later with the regular s8.

This, as well as being a nerd, swayed me to pre order the N8.

Had zero issues with my S8 since release day. Should be easy enough to sell on.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think the screen looks better bc those amoleds don't age very well.
They age better than the battery. Maybe OLED from several years ago might have a sharper degradation curve, but newer ones have a substrate design to mitigate issues. Battery's gonna choke before the display, unless you have solid lines non stop for eight hours a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37