Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Hello all, after asking questions and getting answers from a few of you (thank you again) I think I have decided to switch to the S8 from the LG V20. The only thing that has me wondering now is whether to get the S8 or S8+. I compared the S8+ to the V20 and the S8+ is just a tad smaller, also with a Huuuge 6.2" screen compared to the V20's 5.7". The S8 has a 5.8" phone but is smaller than both, so I don't think that would be the easiest to go for, for me at least. I would definitely jump for the S8+, but the S8 is cheaper at the moment at Best Buy for $17.50 a month compared to the S8+ which is $21.50 a month (both are on Verizon.) Any help/tips would be much appreciated, thank you very much.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Hello all, after asking questions and getting answers from a few of you (thank you again) I think I have decided to switch to the S8 from the LG V20. The only thing that has me wondering now is whether to get the S8 or S8+. I compared the S8+ to the V20 and the S8+ is just a tad smaller, also with a Huuuge 6.2" screen compared to the V20's 5.7". The S8 has a 5.8" phone but is smaller than both, so I don't think that would be the easiest to go for, for me at least. I would definitely jump for the S8+, but the S8 is cheaper at the moment at Best Buy for $17.50 a month compared to the S8+ which is $21.50 a month (both are on Verizon.) Any help/tips would be much appreciated, thank you very much.

Hold them both in store. They are drastically different. I didnt care for the size of the S8+ even though I was using a Mate 9. I returned the 8+ and got the 8 and love it. I will say though, Im considering getting the unlocked 8+ to try again.

uncaged74

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site

The deciding factor for us was holding it. My fiance has small hands so she got the S8; I have large hands so the S8+ plus. Note I use the phone 98% of the time for entertainment, info, movies, YouTube and so on. So the larger screen was important plus the quality and I am a huge Samsung fan.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
That's a tough decision that I was faced with too. I ended up going for the regular S8 due to it being a one handed device. That's a tough choice you are going to have to make the call on.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried both and ended up with the s8+. I watch a lot of YouTube and netflix on my phone since my 2 year old has commandeered the iPad. I got used to it after a day or 2. I like one handed mode. Makes it less awkward.

BratPAQ

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
It seems you like s8+ but you are concerned about the price. I say get the s8+, you can always come up with a few dollars a month to make up for the price difference in monthly payments. But it will be harder to exchange s8 to s8+ once you bought the s8.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
It seems you like s8+ but you are concerned about the price. I say get the s8+, you can always come up with a few dollars a month to make up for the price difference in monthly payments. But it will be harder to exchange s8 to s8+ once you bought the s8.

Thank you, your right. I can definitely get used to a bigger screen rather than a smaller one. I will see about getting the phone by the end of the week, no more time today.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Hold them both in store. They are drastically different. I didnt care for the size of the S8+ even though I was using a Mate 9. I returned the 8+ and got the 8 and love it. I will say though, Im considering getting the unlocked 8+ to try again.

Yeah, I like the feel of the S8+ more than the S8, taller is better for me.

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
If you like V20 screen go for the S8+, if V20 screen is too big and you want a smaller one, go with the regular S8

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I like the size of the S8 (I currently own an S8), but the battery life on the S8+ is so much better than the S8. It's one of those trade-offs. Do you want a smaller device to fit better in your pocket or do you want a bigger, clunkier device that gets fantastic battery life?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The S8 feels GREAT in the hand, although smaller than my 5.5 inch phones it has a larger screen! I'm quite happy I opted for the smaller one! That being said the same would apply for the bigger one you get more phone in a smaller footprint do to the lack and/or limit of bezels.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
S8 battery is impressive! Having been a previous Samsung user, and having been disappointed in the past, I am quite impressed with the S8!

NOW that being said, I'm sure the S8 Plus is just as good! Is there a wrong answer here? I think you would be fine with either phone! It's all in your taste for size.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2