Bixby > google assistant?

Diamonddawg31

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
Re: Google now? Or Bixby?

I guess your right...I liked with my old phones when Google now had the cards...it would save all the places you go to everyday, like work and home....I guess I have to get used to Bixby

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Google Now and Bixby, though they might be similar, Bixby can be used to do anything and everything in the phone.

For example, I am hands free while driving, so I now jsut say:

"Hi Bixby, show me my notifications" and then, "Hi Bixby, expand the first notification'. - that is cool!

Diamonddawg31

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site

Yea I noticed that..... the only thing is I use a third party messaging app and that only works with the stock messaging app...I tried, but with Google, I just say "ok Google" and text who ever and it does it with whatever texting app for using....but your right Bixby is synced up to everything in your phone

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Yea I noticed that..... the only thing is I use a third party messaging app and that only works with the stock messaging app...I tried, but with Google, I just say "ok Google" and text who ever and it does it with whatever texting app for using....but your right Bixby is synced up to everything in your phone

You should be able to ask Bixby to open the specific third party text app & then text what ever you want.

Also have found that the way commands are stated matters.
For example if you ask Bixby to flip a coin, it will pull up web results.
OK Google will flip the coin & tell you heads or tails.
If you change the wording to "heads or tails", both will tell you the results.

Each AI is unique & can be of benefit. It is just learning how they specifically work.

Diamonddawg31

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site

Yea like when I ask Bixby how long will it take me to work, it will give me web sites, and when I did it with Google it gives me maps and tells me how long it will take me to get there....unless I am saying it wrong with Bixby?

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

you can still get to the google now cards by opening the google app on the phone. I just have it as a homescreen icon.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

Which Bixby are you talking about? I saw two Bixby Assistants and both have horrible ratings.

The 2 Bixby's in the Google Play store are fake.

Bixby is a Samsung app and would not be in the Google Play Store

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Bixby and GA are used for totally different things.

I agree. Just can"t figure the different thing Bixby does.

It won't respond most of the time to my voice. (My voice is a key part of my profession.) Opens wrong apps more than 50% of the time. Opens apps for a millisecond. Pops up spontaneously all the time.

I even read an in depth guide because I thought it was me. No go. .

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yea like when I ask Bixby how long will it take me to work, it will give me web sites, and when I did it with Google it gives me maps and tells me how long it will take me to get there....unless I am saying it wrong with Bixby?

Used Bixby to set a reminder to do something when I got home yesterday. It asked me to set the address for home, which it prompted the address, just needed to confirmation. Literally as soon as I pulled in front of the house, the phone was going off with the reminder it was set to. The reason for stating all of that is that I do not how to suggest for you to get it to confirm your work address. Would assume it would calculate all you wanted after that. That may be something that OK Google is better at in conjunction with Google maps?

Bixby still has some issues. As mentioned above, it now knows "home", but constantly misspells my hometown name. Have tried the teach me tab, but it always reverts back to the misspelling.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia