08-04-2017 09:02 AM
27 12
tools
    So, last night, I did the inevitable change on my S8 and I went from TouchWiz Launcher to Nova Launcher. Really because I love the swipe right for Google Now cards and the integration! I'm also noticing that applications open up a little bit smoother and faster on Nova Launcher, and my available RAM memory is a little bit more so. Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks for your input. As a side note, I have the pixel launcher setup of course and the shortcut for the weather on my desktop home screen isn't updating correctly, yet when i go into the Google weather section everything's fine of course.
    07-27-2017 08:44 AM
    Is the swipe for Google cards still in beta?
    07-27-2017 08:52 AM
    Is the swipe for Google cards still in beta?
    I was gonna say what is this? I've been using Nova since 4 phones ago.
    07-27-2017 08:55 AM
    I download and install Nova Launcher beta 5 last night and the Google Swype is another APK file that I had to install on top of that. It's working fine though. Yeah since I bought my essay, I figured I'd give touch was a good old try but things are just snappier smoother and faster and more fluid on Nova Launcher maybe it's just me but like I said seems like it's saving me on RAM memory as well.
    07-27-2017 09:02 AM
    For those who want integrated google now cards in nova:

https://www.androidcentral.com/nova-...-through-hoops
    eric002 likes this.
    07-27-2017 09:44 AM
    It works pretty well too!
    07-27-2017 09:45 AM
    I've been running Nova on my S8+ for a while now. I agree that it seems quicker than the stock experience. I tried, but couldn't get along without the Nova customizations.
    badcat likes this.
    07-27-2017 11:17 AM
    I've been running Nova on my S8+ for a while now. I agree that it seems quicker than the stock experience. I tried, but couldn't get along without the Nova customizations.
    I really switch to Nova Launcher simply because it has the Google Now cards integration. The customization of Nova Launcher I'm not really using because I'm fine with the way my essay looks and feels. Especially with the theming engine built into the Galaxy store. It does feel snappier, quicker and overall faster, And like my screenshot shows, I have more free running RAM memory.
    07-27-2017 11:23 AM
    I recently switched to arrow launcher, I'll need to check to see if that has changed my general ram availability.
    07-28-2017 03:57 AM
    Nova launcher is the first thing to go into a new phone...
    Alan Sims likes this.
    07-28-2017 03:59 AM
    Been using Android phones for around 8 or 9 years now and never used any launcher on my phones as I thought they were just too geeky but then I tried Nova maybe 2 years ago and made it the 1st thing I install on any phone I've bought since. It just gives you that little (or big) bit extra that really makes you get your phone the way you want it to look and feel.

Just added the new swipe right for Google cards and it's really good. On my s8 instead of only utilising the edge feature on one sidez for edge panels, it now uses both sides and maximises the benefit.
    alexcapone likes this.
    07-28-2017 04:36 AM
    Nova Prime is a must have for me as well. It was one of the first apps I purchased when I returned to Android. I tried Touch Wiz and it was ok but there are some limitations that make it a bit frustrating to use. Nova's gesture and tap features seal the deal.
    07-28-2017 06:20 AM
    Been using Android phones for around 8 or 9 years now and never used any launcher on my phones as I thought they were just too geeky but then I tried Nova maybe 2 years ago and made it the 1st thing I install on any phone I've bought since. It just gives you that little (or big) bit extra that really makes you get your phone the way you want it to look and feel.

Just added the new swipe right for Google cards and it's really good. On my s8 instead of only utilising the edge feature on one sidez for edge panels, it now uses both sides and maximises the benefit.
    Oh I agree with you man mentally! Not just that but I have a custom Nova Launcher setup on my Galaxy S8 which means I have the pixel launcher with Google Now cards and custom icons on a Galaxy S8 so have custom interfaces running all the time! It's actually really cool. And it's smooth and it's fluid. And with my package disabler application, I completely disable TouchWiz completely. All and all I swear I'm saving RAM memory still. Which of course you can tell I'm very anal about.
    07-28-2017 07:30 AM
    I have a Note 5 and it had a terrible battery life (100% - Dead in 7 hours!). Then someone on a forum suggested I change from TouchWiz to Nova Launcher. After the switch, my battery life more than doubled (18+ hours on a single charge). Very happy with that!
    07-28-2017 02:05 PM
    Nova launcher is the first thing to go into a new phone...
    SwiftKey then Nova for me
    Tim1954, chanchan05 and reinbeau like this.
    07-28-2017 03:03 PM
    I was using the Samsung skin but I changed to nova today. I've not noticed it to be any faster though to be honest but let me try it out for a few days. I thought Samsungs new user Interface was not bad at all. I typically use nova on everything except for when I use Huawei Honor. EMUI is the best user interface out there hands down. No way I would cover up EMUI with nova. I actually plan to sell my S8 to either get the honor 9 or the Mate 9 actually. I'm just trying to get my S8 unlocked now.
    07-28-2017 03:15 PM
    I was using the Samsung skin but I changed to nova today. I've not noticed it to be any faster though to be honest but let me try it out for a few days. I thought Samsungs new user Interface was not bad at all. I typically use nova on everything except for when I use Huawei Honor. EMUI is the best user interface out there hands down. No way I would cover up EMUI with nova. I actually plan to sell my S8 to either get the honor 9 or the Mate 9 actually. I'm just trying to get my S8 unlocked now.
    Yeah I'll admit the same thing. Samsung's new UI of Touchwiz is much improved but I swear my life Nova Launcher still seems snappier and faster. Please with all the respect try it out on your s8 for a little bit and tell us what you think.
    07-28-2017 03:25 PM
    Yeah I'll admit the same thing. Samsung's new UI of Touchwiz is much improved but I swear my life Nova Launcher still seems snappier and faster. Please with all the respect try it out on your s8 for a little bit and tell us what you think.
    I will definitely do that and update you guys. Where are you seeing the faster improvement? Like opening apps up? Or just in general. I'll have to keep an eye out on how snappy my S8 is now. I'll let you know. I'll keep nova on it moving forward.
    07-28-2017 03:30 PM
    I will definitely do that and update you guys. Where are you seeing the faster improvement? Like opening apps up? Or just in general. I'll have to keep an eye out on how snappy my S8 is now. I'll let you know. I'll keep nova on it moving forward.
    Opening up applications, switching between apps, and overall speed of the phone. Not to say that TouchWiz was slow but still I can still tell a difference. Also, having a true Google Now pixel integration is perfect!
    07-28-2017 03:31 PM
    But doesn't nova eat up more battery?
    07-28-2017 03:33 PM
    But doesn't nova eat up more battery?
    Not that I can tell so far...
    07-28-2017 03:34 PM
    I've used Nova periodically. It seemed faster. But some claim it's actually slower because it's an overlay on TouchWiz. Got me.
    08-02-2017 07:20 PM
    I've used Nova periodically. It seemed faster. But some claim it's actually slower because it's an overlay on TouchWiz. Got me.
    See, I can't understand how will being overly on TouchWiz because on my package disabler application I actually disable TouchWiz launcher completely.
    08-02-2017 07:24 PM
    I don't think it loads both.
    08-02-2017 07:24 PM
    I don't think who ever claimed that knows what overlay mean.
    eric002 likes this.
    08-02-2017 08:22 PM
27 12