Love the new phone, but I have a problem with my email. I've alreadty created an account for my yahoo and outlook mail, and have signed in successfully to each, satisfying all the requirements. Then, minutes later I get notified of failed sign-in on these same accounts. The repeat on this has been relentless despite once again signing on successfully, and multiple times.

Does anyone know what my problem could be, or if I've done somthing wrong? How do I correct this?

Thanks, in advance.
    07-27-2017 01:28 PM
    Did you try using an app password? https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html
    07-27-2017 04:50 PM
    Did you try using an app password? https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html
    Thanks for your reply, but not sure why I would need a Yahoo fix for an Outlook related problem, and not being on the Yahoo mail app.
    07-27-2017 05:49 PM
    Oh sorry -- I didn't quite catch the first time that your Outlook account was doing the same thing. Are you certain it's telling you that both accounts are having problems signing in? What's the exact error message that crops up, and where do you see it? I ask because in some situations, you might see a vague "Failed to sign in" error, without any mention of which account is failing to sign in.
    07-27-2017 11:08 PM
    I have had issues keeping both yahoo and outlook Email signed in on the default Samsung email app on several phones.
    Now use Yahoo mail app and add Outlook to it.
    Yahoo is notorious for acting up on apps other than its own, after the security issues it had.
    07-27-2017 11:43 PM
    I got a separate notification "failed to sign in" with each of the two Outlook mailboxes. Subsequently I switched them to the GMAIL app., and thus far, this is no longer happening.

Thanks.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-28-2017 02:36 PM
    Yahoo changed some of their mail password protocols last year after those account breaches became public. I had to create a dedicated password in order to use my Yahoo mail account with Outlook on my phone. The password for my Yahoo account through Outlook on my PC is different as well.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    07-29-2017 06:37 AM
    Yahoo mail is trying to make up for it's breaches by being extra hyper and redundant with access to their email. I think it has succeeded in turning off (no pun intended) it's subscribers.
    07-30-2017 08:57 AM
    It sent me running. I only use mine as a throw away email account for Words with Friends and my Mobile Nations account.
    07-30-2017 09:38 AM
    Been using yahoo for about 2 decades as my primary email, so the idea of changing everything over to my Hotmail or Gmail is daunting. Have to admit that their hyper-vigilance re:security is something of a PITA
    07-30-2017 01:55 PM
    It's pretty easy to have all of your Yahoo mail go through your Gmail account. On your desktop browser, go to the Gmail site, click the gear at the upper right, then Settings>Accounts and Import>Check Mail from Other Accounts. Enter your Yahoo information there. Email that comes to your Yahoo account will get regularly imported into your Gmail account (and will carry a label with your Yahoo address, so you know that it's from your Yahoo account).
    mary beth hale likes this.
    07-31-2017 12:51 PM
    It's pretty easy to have all of your Yahoo mail go through your Gmail account. On your desktop browser, go to the Gmail site, click the gear at the upper right, then Settings>Accounts and Import>Check Mail from Other Accounts. Enter your Yahoo information there. Email that comes to your Yahoo account will get regularly imported into your Gmail account (and will carry a label with your Yahoo address, so you know that it's from your Yahoo account).
    Works perfectly and thanks!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-31-2017 02:48 PM