AT&T Galaxy S8 Just got mine

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Love the new phone, but I have a problem with my email. I've alreadty created an account for my yahoo and outlook mail, and have signed in successfully to each, satisfying all the requirements. Then, minutes later I get notified of failed sign-in on these same accounts. The repeat on this has been relentless despite once again signing on successfully, and multiple times.

Does anyone know what my problem could be, or if I've done somthing wrong? How do I correct this?

Thanks, in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh sorry -- I didn't quite catch the first time that your Outlook account was doing the same thing. Are you certain it's telling you that both accounts are having problems signing in? What's the exact error message that crops up, and where do you see it? I ask because in some situations, you might see a vague "Failed to sign in" error, without any mention of which account is failing to sign in.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I have had issues keeping both yahoo and outlook Email signed in on the default Samsung email app on several phones.
Now use Yahoo mail app and add Outlook to it.
Yahoo is notorious for acting up on apps other than its own, after the security issues it had.

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I got a separate notification "failed to sign in" with each of the two Outlook mailboxes. Subsequently I switched them to the GMAIL app., and thus far, this is no longer happening.

Thanks.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yahoo changed some of their mail password protocols last year after those account breaches became public. I had to create a dedicated password in order to use my Yahoo mail account with Outlook on my phone. The password for my Yahoo account through Outlook on my PC is different as well.

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Yahoo mail is trying to make up for it's breaches by being extra hyper and redundant with access to their email. I think it has succeeded in turning off (no pun intended) it's subscribers.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Been using yahoo for about 2 decades as my primary email, so the idea of changing everything over to my Hotmail or Gmail is daunting. Have to admit that their hyper-vigilance re:security is something of a PITA

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty easy to have all of your Yahoo mail go through your Gmail account. On your desktop browser, go to the Gmail site, click the gear at the upper right, then Settings>Accounts and Import>Check Mail from Other Accounts. Enter your Yahoo information there. Email that comes to your Yahoo account will get regularly imported into your Gmail account (and will carry a label with your Yahoo address, so you know that it's from your Yahoo account).

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
It's pretty easy to have all of your Yahoo mail go through your Gmail account. On your desktop browser, go to the Gmail site, click the gear at the upper right, then Settings>Accounts and Import>Check Mail from Other Accounts. Enter your Yahoo information there. Email that comes to your Yahoo account will get regularly imported into your Gmail account (and will carry a label with your Yahoo address, so you know that it's from your Yahoo account).

Works perfectly and thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969