Hello all,

Loving the S8 plus but there is one thing, so far, that is annoying me. I don't like the Facebook app so I have disabled it and I access facebook via the Samsung browser. Whether I am in mobile or desktop mode, whenever I want to send or reply to a Facebook message, before it gives me access to the feature, another window appears asking if I want to install Facebook Messenger App. This is rather tiresome, having to always delete that before I can access the feature. I don't want the app installed, I don't like it.

Is there any way to make this other window not appear?

Thanks!
    07-28-2017 09:15 AM
    Hello all,

Loving the S8 plus but there is one thing, so far, that is annoying me. I don't like the Facebook app so I have disabled it and I access facebook via the Samsung browser. Whether I am in mobile or desktop mode, whenever I want to send or reply to a Facebook message, before it gives me access to the feature, another window appears asking if I want to install Facebook Messenger App. This is rather tiresome, having to always delete that before I can access the feature. I don't want the app installed, I don't like it.

Is there any way to make this other window not appear?

Thanks!
    You can try an adblocker in the browser. Click the 3 dots in the top right, extensions, content blockers.

If that doesnt work you can try a system wide ad blocker like those in this thread.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ml#post5902713

I dont use Facebook so not sure if either will work but its worth a shot.
    SarahLauritzen likes this.
    07-28-2017 09:19 AM
    Facebook has become relentless in trying to ram its messenger app down our throats. There are alternatives to the Facebook app in the Play Store that combine everything in one but I don't know how much longer they will work for messages. You might check them out though.
    Qc_Anubis and SarahLauritzen like this.
    07-28-2017 09:41 AM
    as long as you keep using Facebook, it'll try relentlessly to contaminate your phone again..

try Facebook and messenger lite if you are concerned about it's use of resources or just deny it all the permissions it wants, especially location... Facebook can't invent enough reasons that'll make me give them access to my location.
    07-28-2017 10:07 AM
    I use metal for facebook since it has both facebook and messenger combined into 1, didnt really see a big impact on my battery but i disabled notifications anyway. Plus you can also add your twitter with the app if needed.
    07-28-2017 10:47 AM
    Thank you for the advice everyone, I will check things out!
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    07-28-2017 11:19 AM