Verizon Galaxy S8 Notifications when deleting emails

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Would someone please help me to figure out how to disable getting a notification sound when deleting an email from the pull down notification window? My old phone never did this and I can't find a setting within Gmail that prevents this from happening. (It plays the same notification sound that is set for when I receive mail.)

Thanks.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
In General Settings for Gmail do you have Confirm before deleting checked on? That is that only thing I see offhand. My S8+ does not do that when I delete.

jlo3378

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I'm using Gmail app for my Hotmail account. My watch even vibrates as if I have a new message. Just been dealing with it.

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
In General Settings for Gmail do you have Confirm before deleting checked on? That is that only thing I see offhand. My S8+ does not do that when I delete.

I do. I will give that a shot even though it really shouldn't activate a notification. Might be a Gmail bug that didn't exist in my old phone.

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
As suspected, unchecking the 'confirm before deleting' option didn't fix the problem. Still receiving the notification sound when deleting emails. At least now we know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance